• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Prepare NOT To Fill Every Need This Coming Draft Weekend

Just a reminder that this roster is so depleted that the Bills will still need another off-season to fill all the holes.

Don't blame Nix & Gailey for this mess. They're trying to repair it. Thank TD, Marv & Jauron for 10 years of dumb selections up high.

Last year was a surprising start, with 4 starters (Wood, Levitre,Byrd,Nelson) selected and now Maybin (the wrong pick, made by Jauron) will probably make it 5. That's well above expectations.

I'm hoping the Bills can find 2-3 starters this draft and another 2-3 players that can provide depth. Rinse/repeat next April, plus find a couple more UFA types to start.

There will be some positions this season where the current players will have to sink or swim.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Buddo
    • Mar 2007

Re: Prepare NOT To Fill Every Need This Coming Draft Weekend

I think that's fair comment. I also think that there will be quite a lot more activity on the FA front, once the draft is done. Nothing fancy, but depth and role players, dependant on how the draft panned out.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Here are the Bills' major needs: NT, LT, WR, and QB. The first 2 will likely be found in the draft. WR would be best filled by re-signing TO because Hardy and Johnson are wholly unproven. Ideally they play slot or in 4 WR sets to prove themselves for a year before getting a starting gig. Less likely the Bills find a starting WR in the draft outside the first 2 rounds.

Now at QB, if they take a rookie, he'll need time to develop. And outside Bradford, there are a lot of question marks about the others, including Clausen. I wouldn't waste 9th overall money on a guy who probably won't help the Bills for a few years. So I'd take a developmental type later in the draft and work on developing Brohm and Edwards (in that order), as both are young and teachable still.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

I think we should definitely be able to find 2-3 starters in this draft. I would think OT, NT and OLB could be filled in rounds 1-3. I'm not seeing the sense in a young QB or WR that high, and anything lower than that will likely not produce a starter. And I agree that this is definitely a 2 year project.

Comment

Working...
        X