Sabres ask NHL if they can wear Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Sabres ask NHL if they can wear Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston

NHL Network

The Buffalo Sabres have asked permission by the NHL if they could wear the white (home) 1970's Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston, The NHL is said to be mulling it over.

If the NHL agrees for the Sabres to do this will be the second time in the playoffs that the Sabres have worn the original blue and gold they wore the 1970 blue (away) sweaters at home in the 2007 playoffs at home after the NHL granted the Sabres permission to wear them in the playoffs. This is also where the Sabres got the idea for their new 3rd jersey that they have worn at home for the first two games.

Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 04-18-2010, 10:55 AM.
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Sabres ask NHL if they can wear Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    NHL Network

The Buffalo Sabres have asked permission by the NHL if they could wear the white (home) 1970's Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston, The NHL is said to be mulling it over.

You finally posts some information that I care about....

Comment

• clumping platelets

Re: Sabres ask NHL if they can wear Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Do you have a link?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

I like those I hope they do allow them.

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Why don't they ask the league to review the slash to Vanek? **** the jersey change.
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
              Why don't they ask the league to review the slash to Vanek? **** the jersey change.
              Maybe they also know it wasnt intent to injure?

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                Maybe they also know it wasnt intent to injure?
                WTF does intent to injure matter? Whether he tried to disrupt him or hurt him, the result is still the same.. he was injured by a slash to the knee. There is no way you can realistically say that it wasn't dirty. Take off the homer glasses, if it was the other way around I would still say it was complete bull**** the player wasn't suspended.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

I disagree **** like that happens in hockey. Plain and simple

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

I disagree **** like that happens in hockey. Plain and simple
                    Ha, ha...that's funny. Whether he intended to injure him or not, the fact is he two-handed Vanek and caused an injury...it deserves a suspension. Now, I doubt this backyard league will suspend him, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                      Knows More Than You
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                      Ha, ha...that's funny. Whether he intended to injure him or not, the fact is he two-handed Vanek and caused an injury...it deserves a suspension. Now, I doubt this backyard league will suspend him, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Would you expect any less from a M******* like him?

All of their teams cheat, or get TONS of calls to go their way. After all they have their own network...BSPN..oops I mean ESPN.

I'm sick to death of the arrogance of that sport city and their fans. ANYTHING bad that happens to them is almost more entertianing than my teams winning.

Gooo to tha bubbbbllaaa and paaaaak yaaa caaaaaar in the yaaaaaaaard. *****es.
                      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                        Would you expect any less from a M******* like him?

All of their teams cheat, or get TONS of calls to go their way. After all they have their own network...BSPN..oops I mean ESPN.

I'm sick to death of the arrogance of that sport city and their fans. ANYTHING bad that happens to them is almost more entertianing than my teams winning.

Gooo to tha bubbbbllaaa and paaaaak yaaa caaaaaar in the yaaaaaaaard. *****es.
                        Ignorance

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Sounds to me like the slug is finally dying a slow death like we all hoped.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                            Knows More Than You
                            • Feb 2004

Ignorance
                            mass hole.
                            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

stop.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X