PDA

View Full Version : Sabres ask NHL if they can wear Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-18-2010, 10:23 AM
NHL Network

The Buffalo Sabres have asked permission by the NHL if they could wear the white (home) 1970's Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston, The NHL is said to be mulling it over.

If the NHL agrees for the Sabres to do this will be the second time in the playoffs that the Sabres have worn the original blue and gold they wore the 1970 blue (away) sweaters at home in the 2007 playoffs at home after the NHL granted the Sabres permission to wear them in the playoffs. This is also where the Sabres got the idea for their new 3rd jersey that they have worn at home for the first two games.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/product_shots/large_pics/126040.jpg

SabreEleven
04-18-2010, 10:25 AM
NHL Network

The Buffalo Sabres have asked permission by the NHL if they could wear the white (home) 1970's Winter Classic jerseys for games 3 & 4 in Boston, The NHL is said to be mulling it over.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/product_shots/large_pics/126040.jpg

You finally posts some information that I care about....:bf1:

clumping platelets
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
:pray:

SabreEleven
04-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Do you have a link?

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I like those I hope they do allow them.

JD
04-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Why don't they ask the league to review the slash to Vanek? **** the jersey change.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Why don't they ask the league to review the slash to Vanek? **** the jersey change.

Maybe they also know it wasnt intent to injure?

JD
04-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe they also know it wasnt intent to injure?
WTF does intent to injure matter? Whether he tried to disrupt him or hurt him, the result is still the same.. he was injured by a slash to the knee. There is no way you can realistically say that it wasn't dirty. Take off the homer glasses, if it was the other way around I would still say it was complete bull**** the player wasn't suspended.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 11:01 AM
I disagree **** like that happens in hockey. Plain and simple

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I disagree **** like that happens in hockey. Plain and simple

Ha, ha...that's funny. Whether he intended to injure him or not, the fact is he two-handed Vanek and caused an injury...it deserves a suspension. Now, I doubt this backyard league will suspend him, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Italian Stallion
04-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Ha, ha...that's funny. Whether he intended to injure him or not, the fact is he two-handed Vanek and caused an injury...it deserves a suspension. Now, I doubt this backyard league will suspend him, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Would you expect any less from a M******* like him?

All of their teams cheat, or get TONS of calls to go their way. After all they have their own network...BSPN..oops I mean ESPN.

I'm sick to death of the arrogance of that sport city and their fans. ANYTHING bad that happens to them is almost more entertianing than my teams winning.

Gooo to tha bubbbbllaaa and paaaaak yaaa caaaaaar in the yaaaaaaaard. *****es.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Would you expect any less from a M******* like him?

All of their teams cheat, or get TONS of calls to go their way. After all they have their own network...BSPN..oops I mean ESPN.

I'm sick to death of the arrogance of that sport city and their fans. ANYTHING bad that happens to them is almost more entertianing than my teams winning.

Gooo to tha bubbbbllaaa and paaaaak yaaa caaaaaar in the yaaaaaaaard. *****es.

Ignorance

Michael82
04-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Sounds to me like the slug is finally dying a slow death like we all hoped. :phew:

:bf1:

Italian Stallion
04-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Ignorance

mass hole.

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
stop.

SabreEleven
04-18-2010, 08:04 PM
stop.

Exactly, if you girls want to fight go to the main forum. This is why I don't go there anymore. Don't ruin the SabreZone also.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Now lets talk Hockey. Back to the news... Its good to hear hes not hurt bad and will be back.

PUCKER
04-18-2010, 08:17 PM
If one of OUR players slammed one of theirs into the boards wed probably get the suspension,because thats Buffalos luck. :shakeno:

P.S. Even though I wish if not Myers then another of our players would take that giant Chara out for good!

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 08:24 PM
What the hell does everyone have against Chara? Because hes big and is a great defenseman?

JD
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
What the hell does everyone have against Chara? Because hes big and is a great defenseman?
& ugly

G Wolly
04-18-2010, 11:48 PM
& ugly

and a bully P.O.S.

jamze132
04-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Just say :no: to the slug!

Michael82
04-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Just say :no: to the slug!
:hi5:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Why would the Sabres want Boychuk suspended, I would think they want him in there.

Back to the subject, that would be awesome. Good jersey design Darcy/Larry, epic FAIL!!!!

G Wolly
04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Good jersey design Darcy/Larry, epic FAIL!!!!

The jersey design is perfectly fine. It's the P.O.S. they put on the front of it that was the problem.

I still think we should've used the B-Sword logo for our "new" logo on the 06-07 jersey.

JD
04-19-2010, 11:20 AM
The jersey design is perfectly fine. It's the P.O.S. they put on the front of it that was the problem.

I still think we should've used the B-Sword logo for our "new" logo on the 06-07 jersey.
I don't mind the flying slug shoulder patch..it'll look as if the Buffalo is flying when they're in full stride...but on the crest? get the **** out:whoosh:

Buffalogic
04-19-2010, 02:17 PM
What was wrong with the buffalo head logo? Am I missing something? Everyone loved those unis. Even non sabre fans love em because they were hot!

G Wolly
04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
What was wrong with the buffalo head logo? Am I missing something? Everyone loved those unis. Even non sabre fans love em because they were hot!

Nothing was wrong with it. The slug was a marketing ploy after we fell shy of the Finals of 05-06 coming out of nowhere to surprise the hockey world.

Bandwagon fans jumping onto their newly discovered "fanhood" + Thirst for more money = :gosabres:

RockStar36
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Nothing was wrong with it. The slug was a marketing ploy after we fell shy of the Finals of 05-06 coming out of nowhere to surprise the hockey world.

Bandwagon fans jumping onto their newly discovered "fanhood" + Thirst for more money = :gosabres:

Or they wanted to change away from the black/red scheme because that particular era of ownership ended poorly, not to mention Buffalo fans had been *****ing all the time about going back to blue and gold.

Michael82
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Or they wanted to change away from the black/red scheme because that particular era of ownership ended poorly, not to mention Buffalo fans had been *****ing all the time about going back to blue and gold.
blue and gold with the goathead would have been fine to me. I actually liked that logo, not as much as the old swords and buffalo logo, but way more than the slug!

G Wolly
04-19-2010, 03:02 PM

And it was the right time to act upon it after 05-06 when the bandwagoners hopped on.

RockStar36
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
And it was the right time to act upon it after 05-06 when the bandwagoners hopped on.

Agreed. They needed a change and capitalized at the best time.

Then they had the "new" 3rd jerseys, which were basically outdated after one season because now the newer third is slightly different.

RockStar36
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
blue and gold with the goathead would have been fine to me. I actually liked that logo, not as much as the old swords and buffalo logo, but way more than the slug!

This shocks me. I always thought you were a fan of the slug.

Michael82
04-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Agreed. They needed a change and capitalized at the best time.

Then they had the "new" 3rd jerseys, which were basically outdated after one season because now the newer third is slightly different.
The new 3rd was just a way to appease the fans by bringing an exact replica of the old skool ones they wore years ago. They didn't even have shorts for them.