PDA

View Full Version : Draft chat transcript with Scott Wright, from draft countdown

sauce
04-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Really good read, to sum it up...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../4-15-2010.php

Thinks Dolphins will go Kindle, Morgan, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays, Dan Williams

Loves Clausen, thinks the Bills would make the bonehead move of the decade if they didn't take him. Goes on to say, but then again they took Maybin over Oher

Likes Clausen over Bradford

Thinks Suh and McCoy are best DT prospects since 1995

Projects Lival Joseph as a 5-tech not a NT like many people seem to think

Has Joseph going in the 2nd round, Troup in the 3-4 rounds

Likes the new format of the draft

Projects Cam Thomas to the 3rd

Spiller is a "Reggie Bush type back", teams interested include Cleveland, Jax, Oak, SF, Buffalo, Giants and MIA

Maurkice Pouncey is the best Center prospect to come around in the last ten years

Why Scott perfers Clausen over Bradford

* Polished and has been mentored by some of the best in the business for a decade.
* 3 years of experience in a pro-style offense
* Knows how to work under center, drop back, read defenses and make NFL throws
* Tough and will play through pain
* Has proven he can handle adversity and poor o-line play
* Has shown he has ice-water in his veins in crunch-time.

Said, the following players all could start at DE in a 3-4 next season

Jared Odrick, Penn State
Tyson Alualu, California
Linval Joseph, East Carolina
Corey Wootton, Northwestern
Alex Carrington, Arkansas State
Brandon Deaderick, Alabama
Clifton Geathers, South Carolina

-There are 40 1st rd talents in this draft

Tyson Alualu has a chance to go round one

Kindle is right there with Orakpo and is very under rated

Schofield would have been a 2nd round pick pre injury, team should use a late round pick on him

Potential 1st rounders no one is talking about: Kareem Jackson, Saffold, Alualu

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Good read...can't wait until Thursday. I just hope this new FO doesn't f**k it up.

Dicknoze69
04-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Schofield would have been a 2nd round pick pre injury, team should use a late round pick on him

I love O'Brien Schofield and think he'd be an excellent late round pick for us. He's likely have to redshirt a year, he'll switch from DE to 3-4 OLB for us, and he needs to add some weight anyway. He kind of reminds me of Clay Matthews from Green Bay; they're both a little under-sized. You can never have enough pass rushers either.

Don't Panic
04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
How is Joseph going to play DE at that weight?

SquishDaFish
04-18-2010, 10:46 AM
I agree with most of what he said especially about Clausen and Bradford. I also think Clausen will be better then Bradford in the long run.

Night Train
04-18-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm hoping Linval Joseph is our pick in Round 2 . He looks like a dominating NT.

Clausen threw a lot of pop flys to the sidelines in college, allowing Floyd & Tate to jump up and get it. He'll never get away with that in the pro's. He rarely threw the ball in between the hash marks and doesn't have any experience reading the Safety or LB over the middle. Slant ? Seam route ? When did he throw one ? I'm not impressed at all. I think he's a 2nd round talent that will be overpicked.

I still want an OT or Spiller up top. Maybe even DT Dan Williams of Tenn.

JCBills
04-18-2010, 02:45 PM
How is Joseph going to play DE at that weight?

Ngata rotates into DE on that Baltimore front, plenty of other players that size hold down the strong side.

psubills62
04-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Draft countdown is good for getting lists of players, but their rankings are sometimes pretty far off, imo. They can get the obvious ones correct (i.e. Suh, McCoy), but Clausen over Bradford?

In a poll of 20 NFL scouts by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, all 20 agreed that Oklahoma's Sam Bradford is the top quarterback prospect in this year's draft.

Bradford finished with 80 "points," according to the Journal-Sentinel's scoring system, while Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame came in a distant second with 57 points. Colt McCoy (30 points), Tim Tebow (21), Dan LeFevour (5), Tony Pike (3), Jonathan Crompton (2), Jarrett Brown (1), and Sean Canfield (1) rounded out the top eight. It's unclear if John Skelton was included in the poll.

That site is OK, but not one I'd trust entirely.

jamze132
04-19-2010, 01:07 AM
No mention of Tebow? What kind of draft crap is this!!!