• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    • Dec 2008

This is why the Bills will be drafting Tebow

Here it goes

He will sell tickets...At the end of the day that is a major priority with Ralph Wilson

It's a joke and I can see it coming a mile away, ticket sales are at an extreme low right now.

The pressure to sell tickets is going to screw this team when they waste the #41st pick on him...If they move up to select him, which is a possibility, expect to rebuild even longer.

The excuses will pour in, about how Tebow fits Gailey's offense. When the reality is if they really want a developmental QB (like Tebow), they should fill a need in the second round (NT) and take a flyer in the mid rounds on Jarrett Brown, to cater to Gailey's offense

If you KNOW you're taking a project regardless, why not take the guy who has actual upside? YOU DON"T TAKE A PROJECT IN ROUND TWO! If Brown can master an NFL offense you've potentially got something special.

If you happen to want a running QB, why not take one who is actually FAST? Tebow is not fast (4.7 40). McCoy is certainly not fast (4.8). Brown is fast (4.5). I'm not big on running QBs in the NFL, but if you want to go that route, again, why not get the guy with legitimate NFL speed?

Tebow's a shorter Vince Young with worse timed speed and worse arm strength, and possibly even worse passing fundamentals. His intangibles are rated highly, but so were Alex Smith's, who was also more accurate and timed faster

If Clausen is not there at nine, they have to go some combination of LT, NT, OLB, WR in the first three rounds, and take a developmental QB in the mid rounds, NOT ROUND 2...

I guess we will find out if the new regime is serious about winning, or selling tickets
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: This is why the Bills will be drafting Tebow

drafting tebow won't sell tickets.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 04-18-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Seriously, who cares if they draft him in the 2nd round? If that happens...I really could care less. If they take him at #9...then, yes....it is a joke.

Comment

• sauce
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        Seriously, who cares if they draft him in the 2nd round? If that happens...I really could care less. If they take him at #9...then, yes....it is a joke.
        Are you kidding? There will be huge talent at #41 in the various area's the Bills need (NT, OLB, WR, RB, LT) that could be plugged in from day 1 and make an impact

The Bills do not and should not waste their 41st pick on a "project"

Comment

• sauce
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts

How don't you see it as a ticket selling ploy? He is the most popular player to come out of college in the last decade.

Landing Tebow will get the Bills at least two primetime games. And exposure that will make the Terrell Owens circus look like a high school concert

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sauce
            How don't you see it as a ticket selling ploy? He is the most popular player to come out of college in the last decade.

Landing Tebow will get the Bills at least two primetime games. And exposure that will make the Terrell Owens circus look like a high school concert
            schedule is ignorantly released prior to the draft

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sauce
              Here it goes

He will sell tickets...At the end of the day that is a major priority with Ralph Wilson

It's a joke and I can see it coming a mile away, ticket sales are at an extreme low right now.

I guess we will find out if the new regime is serious about winning, or selling tickets
              Where do you get the info that tickets aren't selling? You have a link? You work for the Bills ticket office? No? Then STFU! The Bills don't need help selling tickets in Buffalo.
              You say stuff like its a fact when is reality you just pull it out of your cornhole. I dare you. Show me one...ONE...legitimate news story that says the Bills ticket sales are slumping...just one. You can't because you dreamed that one up.

Edited for TOS violation ~shelby

PTR
              Last edited by shelby; 04-18-2010, 02:14 PM.
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                Where do you get the info that tickets aren't selling? You have a link? You work for the Bills ticket office? No? Then STFU! The Bills don't need help selling tickets in Buffalo.

You say stuff like its a fact when is reality you just pull it out of your cornhole. I dare you. Show me one...ONE...legitimate news story that says the Bills ticket sales are slumping...just one. You can't because you dreamed that one up.

PTR
                0_o
                Last edited by shelby; 04-18-2010, 02:14 PM.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Time to get off the sauce, Sauce.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• more cowbell
                    • Apr 2006

Selling tickets will NEVER be an issue for the Bills as long as they're in Buffalo. No matter what all the "experts" say...this team has been able to be in the top of the league in attendance despite having one of the worst franchises in all of sports for the past decade.

It's more about the pride the city has, than the product on the field. Yes, it's frustrating to watch these bafoons play on Sunday's but as long as we have a team we will continue to support it.
                    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Buffalo always will sell tickets....the fans here love football and especially NFL football. There is absolutely ZERO problems with selling tickets.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                        I agree it would have an opposite effect. Most Bills fans don't even know what a Tebow is, and most of us that do owuld be furious if it happened before the 3rd rd.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          I agree it would have an opposite effect. Most Bills fans don't even know what a Tebow is, and most of us that do owuld be furious if it happened before the 3rd rd.
                          Whether you'd be furious or not...does not matter. They'll still sell tickets. We've been furious at this organization for 10 years...has that mattered with ticket sales or support of this franchise?

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            Whether you'd be furious or not...does not matter. They'll still sell tickets. We've been furious at this organization for 10 years...has that mattered with ticket sales or support of this franchise?
                            IMO those bridges are being burnt... yes there are fans that are ready to say screw it if this franchise does not start running smart.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              IMO those bridges are being burnt... yes there are fans that are ready to say screw it if this franchise does not start running smart.
                              I hear ya, but the only people that ends up hurting is Bills fans. The team will then have a perfect excuse to move the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X