PDA

View Full Version : This is why the Bills will be drafting Tebow

sauce
04-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Here it goes

He will sell tickets...At the end of the day that is a major priority with Ralph Wilson

It's a joke and I can see it coming a mile away, ticket sales are at an extreme low right now.

The pressure to sell tickets is going to screw this team when they waste the #41st pick on him...If they move up to select him, which is a possibility, expect to rebuild even longer.

The excuses will pour in, about how Tebow fits Gailey's offense. When the reality is if they really want a developmental QB (like Tebow), they should fill a need in the second round (NT) and take a flyer in the mid rounds on Jarrett Brown, to cater to Gailey's offense

If you KNOW you're taking a project regardless, why not take the guy who has actual upside? YOU DON"T TAKE A PROJECT IN ROUND TWO! If Brown can master an NFL offense you've potentially got something special.

If you happen to want a running QB, why not take one who is actually FAST? Tebow is not fast (4.7 40). McCoy is certainly not fast (4.8). Brown is fast (4.5). I'm not big on running QBs in the NFL, but if you want to go that route, again, why not get the guy with legitimate NFL speed?

Tebow's a shorter Vince Young with worse timed speed and worse arm strength, and possibly even worse passing fundamentals. His intangibles are rated highly, but so were Alex Smith's, who was also more accurate and timed faster

If Clausen is not there at nine, they have to go some combination of LT, NT, OLB, WR in the first three rounds, and take a developmental QB in the mid rounds, NOT ROUND 2...

I guess we will find out if the new regime is serious about winning, or selling tickets

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2010, 11:19 AM
drafting tebow won't sell tickets.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Seriously, who cares if they draft him in the 2nd round? If that happens...I really could care less. If they take him at #9...then, yes....it is a joke.

sauce
04-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Seriously, who cares if they draft him in the 2nd round? If that happens...I really could care less. If they take him at #9...then, yes....it is a joke.

Are you kidding? There will be huge talent at #41 in the various area's the Bills need (NT, OLB, WR, RB, LT) that could be plugged in from day 1 and make an impact

The Bills do not and should not waste their 41st pick on a "project"

sauce
04-18-2010, 11:25 AM

How don't you see it as a ticket selling ploy? He is the most popular player to come out of college in the last decade.

Landing Tebow will get the Bills at least two primetime games. And exposure that will make the Terrell Owens circus look like a high school concert

BILLSROCK1212
04-18-2010, 11:40 AM
How don't you see it as a ticket selling ploy? He is the most popular player to come out of college in the last decade.

Landing Tebow will get the Bills at least two primetime games. And exposure that will make the Terrell Owens circus look like a high school concert
schedule is ignorantly released prior to the draft

PromoTheRobot
04-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Here it goes

He will sell tickets...At the end of the day that is a major priority with Ralph Wilson

It's a joke and I can see it coming a mile away, ticket sales are at an extreme low right now.

I guess we will find out if the new regime is serious about winning, or selling tickets
Where do you get the info that tickets aren't selling? You have a link? You work for the Bills ticket office? No? Then STFU! The Bills don't need help selling tickets in Buffalo.
You say stuff like its a fact when is reality you just pull it out of your cornhole. I dare you. Show me one...ONE...legitimate news story that says the Bills ticket sales are slumping...just one. You can't because you dreamed that one up.

Edited for TOS violation ~shelby

PTR

ServoBillieves
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Where do you get the info that tickets aren't selling? You have a link? You work for the Bills ticket office? No? Then STFU! The Bills don't need help selling tickets in Buffalo.

You say stuff like its a fact when is reality you just pull it out of your cornhole. I dare you. Show me one...ONE...legitimate news story that says the Bills ticket sales are slumping...just one. You can't because you dreamed that one up.

PTR
0_o

BidsJr
04-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Time to get off the sauce, Sauce.

more cowbell
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Selling tickets will NEVER be an issue for the Bills as long as they're in Buffalo. No matter what all the "experts" say...this team has been able to be in the top of the league in attendance despite having one of the worst franchises in all of sports for the past decade.

It's more about the pride the city has, than the product on the field. Yes, it's frustrating to watch these bafoons play on Sunday's but as long as we have a team we will continue to support it.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Buffalo always will sell tickets....the fans here love football and especially NFL football. There is absolutely ZERO problems with selling tickets.

ddaryl
04-18-2010, 01:15 PM

I agree it would have an opposite effect. Most Bills fans don't even know what a Tebow is, and most of us that do owuld be furious if it happened before the 3rd rd.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I agree it would have an opposite effect. Most Bills fans don't even know what a Tebow is, and most of us that do owuld be furious if it happened before the 3rd rd.

Whether you'd be furious or not...does not matter. They'll still sell tickets. We've been furious at this organization for 10 years...has that mattered with ticket sales or support of this franchise?

ddaryl
04-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Whether you'd be furious or not...does not matter. They'll still sell tickets. We've been furious at this organization for 10 years...has that mattered with ticket sales or support of this franchise?

IMO those bridges are being burnt... yes there are fans that are ready to say screw it if this franchise does not start running smart.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 01:28 PM
IMO those bridges are being burnt... yes there are fans that are ready to say screw it if this franchise does not start running smart.

I hear ya, but the only people that ends up hurting is Bills fans. The team will then have a perfect excuse to move the team.

Billz_fan
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
If you KNOW you're taking a project regardless, why not take the guy who has actual upside? YOU DON"T TAKE A PROJECT IN ROUND TWO!

Hell we took a project at #11 of RD 1 last year so we are not afraid of jumping on that grenade. :laughter:

Typ0
04-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Word is season ticket sales are way down and there are plenty of games that have not sold out in the last few years.

ddaryl
04-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I hear ya, but the only people that ends up hurting is Bills fans. The team will then have a perfect excuse to move the team.

Well then... buh bye.

My patience is too thin, and I am at the point where walking away is a possibility.

So here's hoping Nix is not going to waver and stick to a solid plan

JCBills
04-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Selling tickets hasn't been an issue in Buffalo for a long, long time.

I always get a chuckle when writers say "The Bills should draft Tebow or ______ because they need to sell tickets."

JCBills
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Word is season ticket sales are way down and there are plenty of games that have not sold out in the last few years.

There was one that almost wasn't a sellout last season, but Time Warner bought the remaining seats to prevent a local blackout.

The only way to sell tickets is winning games, and drafting Tim Tebow won't do that.

JCBills
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM

Primetime games are already set. People won't buy tickets to watch someone ride the bench.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM

PTR

let me guess... this is where you go back to TBD, bring this up to your buddies, and make it look as if the whole Billszone believes this. :rolleyes:

sauce
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM

PTR

Ticket sales are slumping, Don't believe it I don't care, Internet tough guy.

They were last season as well, before the TO signing. I go to TC every year at SJF, this was the first year I had to fight to get a seat (because of the TO acquistion). If Tebow becomes a Bill, it will be the same way.

And if you don't believe it you are neive..

Santa dosn't really ride on a sled either and did not eat the cookies you used to leave out for him. Hate to break it to you but it was your parents sorry

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM

What games haven't sold out in the past few years?

JCBills
04-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Ticket sales are slumping, Don't believe it I don't care, Internet tough guy.

They were last season as well, before the TO signing. I go to TC every year at SJF, this was the first year I had to fight to get a seat (because of the TO acquistion). If Tebow becomes a Bill, it will be the same way.

And if you don't believe it you are neive..

Santa dosn't really ride on a sled either and did not eat the cookies you used to leave out for him. Hate to break it to you but it was your parents sorry

I'd hope that clear-minded people wouldn't go out and spend money to watch a backup.

Again, the best way to sell tickets is put a winning product on the field. Drafting someone who is likely a few years away from NFL readiness isn't step 1 in winning now.

sauce
04-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I'd hope that clear-minded people wouldn't go out and spend money to watch a backup.

Again, the best way to sell tickets is put a winning product on the field. Drafting someone who is likely a few years away from NFL readiness isn't step 1 in winning now.

I agree 100%, And if you read my OP you will see I am against drafting Tim Tebow, when you could get the same QB in Jarret Brown in round 5-6

JCBills
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I agree 100%, And if you read my OP you will see I am against drafting Tim Tebow, when you could get the same QB in Jarret Brown in round 5-6

I didn't bother reading it after I got to the tickets part because it's unfounded. Nix, Whaley, Modrak, and Gailey know they need to hit on their early picks, not take projects.

trapezeus
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
i'm hopeful that the bills realize that they are out of gimmicks to sell tickets. now they hjave to do the hard part and just win games. so perhaps they've learned their lesson and will build a fundamentally good team that can withstand some injuries and have an actual identity.

Dicknoze69
04-18-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't think our personnel department is interested in drafting Tebow to sell tickets; rather, if we draft Tebow, it's because we need a QB and they view him as the best one available (even if he sits for a year).

tampabay25690
04-18-2010, 05:49 PM
**** I buy my season tix every year and the Bills havent made the playoffs in a decade....
The funny thing is I DONT EVEN live in B-LO I do it to support the city and the team..............

Typ0
04-18-2010, 08:00 PM
What games haven't sold out in the past few years?

Before they moved a couple games to Toronto the games in December were really struggling to sell out due to the cost of season tickets. They did decrease that cost and upped the marketing machine selling crap and still had third parties stepping in to sell the stadium out at the last minute to get the game on TV.

All of the banter about the bills selling out is a bunch of crap. Every year the team and/or marketing supporters have to pony up to keep the games on TV in order to keep the revenue streams from the home audience. Pay your money and go the stadium and yell oh ah for a crappy team all you want the reality is the team struggles to sell out consistently. Compartively speaking there are many other teams in the league that have years of waiting lists just to get tickets to come into the stadium. The homers always buy into the we have the best fans crap and it's a no brainer this is the best stadium situation in the US but the reality is any outside or anyone without blinders on can clearly see selling out RWS in the cheap seats, better seats, luxury boxes, commercial spots on TV, jerseys in sears, everything is a struggle. Money maker, yes. But still a struggle.

Typ0
04-18-2010, 08:02 PM
**** I buy my season tix every year and the Bills havent made the playoffs in a decade....
The funny thing is I DONT EVEN live in B-LO I do it to support the city and the team..............

and you are one guy on a bills web site bantering about how it all works out. Are there 70K plus of those people here? No! Buying into the bias of the hardest core people that visit this web site epitomizes stupidity.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Here it goes

ticket sales are slumping? then why is it that my friend who just tried renewing his normal seats in the corner under the big screen and adding 1 more seat, had to move up to the 300 level because 80% of the seats sold for season tickets are almost sold out. you sir. do not know what you're talking about. annnnd it's only april. i normally don't buy my season tickets until may. this year i'm waiting to see how the draft goes and then deciding how much i'm going to drop on tickets.

you're living in fantasy land. i want to live there too but it's not reality. there's nothing special about landing tebow.

let me guess... this is where you go back to TBD, bring this up to your buddies, and make it look as if the whole Billszone believes this.
the stadium wall blows

can you send me the tickets you don't use, it would help my piggy bank.

justasportsfan
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Tebow would bring some attention to the bills but winning sells tickets.

PromoTheRobot
04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
the stadium wall blows

Stadium Wall blows...this place away.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2010, 10:12 PM
then why are you here

clumping platelets
04-18-2010, 10:20 PM
I will be the first to tell Teblow to shove the book up his :moon:

I do not want him here

jamze132
04-19-2010, 12:58 AM
I would love for Tebow to be here!

Michael82
04-19-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm sorry to all you gloom and doomers...but the Bills still have one of the bigger stadiums in the league. They also haven't won anything lately and haven't made the playoffs in 10 years and still sell out a 73,000 seat stadium. If they were to shrink it down to the average stadium (63-65,000), they would have no problems selling it out and would even sell it out early, without the sponsors help.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 05:12 AM
So in one breath you are going to banter about how great ticket sales are there are no problems here and in another you are going to rationalize that we need to cover up seats to have sell outs! Why are we playing home games in Toronto then? Those games drop the price of a pair of season tickets a couple hundred bucks...but that doesn't make any difference at all we have the best fans on the planet and they will buy up all the tickets no matter what. When was the last time a game didn't sell out and a sponsor or RW didn't pick up the tab?

I'm sorry to all you gloom and doomers...but the Bills still have one of the bigger stadiums in the league. They also haven't won anything lately and haven't made the playoffs in 10 years and still sell out a 73,000 seat stadium. If they were to shrink it down to the average stadium (63-65,000), they would have no problems selling it out and would even sell it out early, without the sponsors help.

Michael82
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
So in one breath you are going to banter about how great ticket sales are there are no problems here and in another you are going to rationalize that we need to cover up seats to have sell outs! Why are we playing home games in Toronto then? Those games drop the price of a pair of season tickets a couple hundred bucks...but that doesn't make any difference at all we have the best fans on the planet and they will buy up all the tickets no matter what. When was the last time a game didn't sell out and a sponsor or RW didn't pick up the tab?
Not cover up seats....when a new stadium is built, I would build it smaller.

sauce
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Not cover up seats....when a new stadium is built, I would build it smaller.

WOW, this thread completely got off the tracks

The main focus of the talk in here should be on why Jarrett Brown is a better option and fit in Gailey's offense and will COST alot less with a 5th round pick

Thus allowing the Bills to address NT, LB, WR, LT with their 2nd round pick

Why draft a project in the 2nd, when you could use that pick on an immediate impact player, and get your project in the 5th?

zone
04-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Before they moved a couple games to Toronto the games in December were really struggling to sell out due to the cost of season tickets. They did decrease that cost and upped the marketing machine selling crap and still had third parties stepping in to sell the stadium out at the last minute to get the game on TV.

All of the banter about the bills selling out is a bunch of crap. Every year the team and/or marketing supporters have to pony up to keep the games on TV in order to keep the revenue streams from the home audience. Pay your money and go the stadium and yell oh ah for a crappy team all you want the reality is the team struggles to sell out consistently. Compartively speaking there are many other teams in the league that have years of waiting lists just to get tickets to come into the stadium. The homers always buy into the we have the best fans crap and it's a no brainer this is the best stadium situation in the US but the reality is any outside or anyone without blinders on can clearly see selling out RWS in the cheap seats, better seats, luxury boxes, commercial spots on TV, jerseys in sears, everything is a struggle. Money maker, yes. But still a struggle.
I don't remember my season ticket prices dropping dramatically after the Toronto acquisition, but I could be wrong. How much was the drop?

Typ0
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't remember my season ticket prices dropping dramatically after the Toronto acquisition, but I could be wrong. How much was the drop?

The cost of two games one being a preseason game!

Michael82
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
The cost of two games one being a preseason game!
only every other year. The other year, it's only 1 game cheaper.

JCBills
04-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Stadium Wall blows...this place away.

PTR

LOL, have fun looking at ads in between every post.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
only every other year. The other year, it's only 1 game cheaper.

What are you talking about? Didn't they take one preseason game and one regular season game? They are still going to charge you for those tickets some years?

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM

actually. it did almost next to nothing to the price of season tickets. maybe dropped 20 bucks the first year. they are right back to where they were 7 years ago, when i started buying them, this year.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 06:23 PM
actually. it did almost next to nothing to the price of season tickets. maybe dropped 20 bucks the first year. they are right back to where they were 7 years ago, when i started buying them, this year.

That's seven years of price increases you aren't paying for. If these games weren't held elsewhere you'd be paying a lot more...but I'm not surprised Bills fans use the logic you do.

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
obviously, you've never bought season tickets and are arguing just to argue. they may have gone up 12 dollars in 7 years. i paid 460 7 years ago and would be paying 472 this year. the first year of the toronto initiative i paid 420.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
obviously, you've never bought season tickets and are arguing just to argue. they may have gone up 12 dollars in 7 years. i paid 460 7 years ago and would be paying 472 this year. the first year of the toronto initiative i paid 420.

The cheapest season tickets in the house went up a total of $16 just this past offseason. The most expensive tickets went up $80. Ticket price increases have been very moderate the last few years due to the economy. Those prices are up about $200 (average seat price) since 2003. Your blinders obviously work great on numbers as well. When you buy season tickets you purchase a package of individual game tickets so they are based on how many games you are buying them to.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 07:24 PM
By the way, 2003 was the last year I purchased season tickets.

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
up 200$? man, you're dreaming. you haven't bought tickets in 7 years so how would you even know how much they went up. please stop.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
up 200$? man, you're dreaming. you haven't bought tickets in 7 years so how would you even know how much they went up. please stop.

You are right, my numbers weren't quite right.

The average ticket price in the package in 2003 was just under $32 with 10 games on the schedule for a total price of $320. This years prices are just under $60 per game with eight games on the schedule. The total average cost of a season ticket this year is $480 for eight games a difference of $160 and two less games. The difference in per game price between the two years is $28 and would be $280 on the ten game schedule they would play had the Toronto deal not been put into place. The whole Toronto deal is a huge money grab from idiots like you who don't realize how badly you are being ripped off for the crap they are putting on the field. And then they turn around and pull in revenues from playing the games in Toronto. It's pathetic.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Oh, and I know because I bought tickets in 2003 and I verified the numbers and they have the current numbers posted on the bills box office page.

Liverpoolkev
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Here it goes

The pressure to sell tickets is going to screw this team when they waste the #41st pick on him...If they move up to select him, which is a possibility, expect to rebuild even longer.

The excuses will pour in, about how Tebow fits Gailey's offense. When the reality is if they really want a developmental QB (like Tebow), they should fill a need in the second round (NT) and take a flyer in the mid rounds on Jarrett Brown, to cater to Gailey's offense

If you KNOW you're taking a project regardless, why not take the guy who has actual upside? YOU DON"T TAKE A PROJECT IN ROUND TWO! If Brown can master an NFL offense you've potentially got something special.

If you happen to want a running QB, why not take one who is actually FAST? Tebow is not fast (4.7 40). McCoy is certainly not fast (4.8). Brown is fast (4.5). I'm not big on running QBs in the NFL, but if you want to go that route, again, why not get the guy with legitimate NFL speed?

Tebow's a shorter Vince Young with worse timed speed and worse arm strength, and possibly even worse passing fundamentals. His intangibles are rated highly, but so were Alex Smith's, who was also more accurate and timed faster

If Clausen is not there at nine, they have to go some combination of LT, NT, OLB, WR in the first three rounds, and take a developmental QB in the mid rounds, NOT ROUND 2.

I guess we will find out if the new regime is serious about winning, or selling ticketsWhat are you talking about if I want a QB thats fast I might as well get Mike Vick. If I want someone that can actually throw against NFL defenses I might as well get M.Vick ...............This year QB class is garbage so focus on the drafts strong points Defense Line , LB , Rb , WR , O-line...............QB class will be much stronger next year

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
You are right, my numbers weren't quite right.

The average ticket price in the package in 2003 was just under $32 with 10 games on the schedule for a total price of $320. This years prices are just under $60 per game with eight games on the schedule. The total average cost of a season ticket this year is $480 for eight games a difference of $160 and two less games. The difference in per game price between the two years is $28 and would be $280 on the ten game schedule they would play had the Toronto deal not been put into place. The whole Toronto deal is a huge money grab from idiots like you who don't realize how badly you are being ripped off for the crap they are putting on the field. And then they turn around and pull in revenues from playing the games in Toronto. It's pathetic.
320? were you sitting outside the stadium? you sound like a scorned woman. it's pathetic.

edit: that dick and balls avatar isn't very amusing either.