PDA

View Full Version : Too Many P's

mchurchfie
04-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Too much passing and too many pussies on this team for it to go very deep in the PO's. Connolly especially epitomizes the softness of this team, he is ****ing horrible. Grier and The Goose are even pulling off checks for Christ sakes. Do these guys realize they are in the PO's? I've been watching every other team play and they are laying it ALL ON THE LINE on every shift. The old bad habit of playing one good period has come back to rear it's ugly head. I put that on Ruff, this issue should have been addressed a LONG time ago. He needs to take off the kid gloves and start making these guys man up. Everyone else in the PO's are in the "attack" mode. I don't know, maybe its the system that was taught but it seems like we are always backing off into the defensive mode. I don't know how many times I have seen them have a chance to just chip the puck off the boards out of their own end, instead they draw the puck to themselves and end up getting their asses handed to them along the boards by a strong forecheck. They came out hitting the first period better than ever and then it totally stopped the rst of the game...WTF?? If I was Ruff I would have called a timeout and asked them WTF was going on...rattle them up a little. The core makeup of this team is too soft, I would be surprised if they even get past Boston because at least they have a little passion and seem to actually care about winning.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Ruff's coaching has been terrible so far.

rbochan
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Connolly is just brutal to watch on the power play... hold the puck, hold the puck, hold the puck, skate around in a circle, hold the puck, pass, get it back, hold the puck, hold the puck, hold the puck, give away.

Nighthawk
04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Connolly is just brutal to watch on the power play... hold the puck, hold the puck, hold the puck, skate around in a circle, hold the puck, pass, get it back, hold the puck, hold the puck, hold the puck, give away.

Sad, but you're correct.

Typ0
04-18-2010, 07:49 PM
I actually think they have been coached right and are trying to do what they need to do they just don't have it clicking yet.