View Full Version : Kirwan 3 round Mock

jdbillsfan
04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
For the Bills:

1) Clausen
2) Bruce Campbell
3) Brandon LaFell

Seems like a risky draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81797479&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

psubills62
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Lafell, imo, is good value there. Plenty of possession receivers in this draft, and he would be a good pick.

The first two though...I'm a big NON-fan.

Kenny
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Risky indeed... but I wouldnt be upset with those picks.

buffalobillsfan95
04-18-2010, 10:13 PM
i could live with this but no NT in the first 3 rounds? if we dont address NT in the 1st 3 rounds this just proves further more we are a joke and not even trying to contend next year

YardRat
04-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Don't like it.

jdbillsfan
04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
He has Cam Thomas picked right after LaFell. That might be a better option at that point in the 3rd.

Would be interesting if the top 8 picks went that way.

clumping platelets
04-18-2010, 10:22 PM
For the Bills:

1) Clausen
2) Bruce Campbell
3) Brandon LaFell

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81797479&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

:puke:

BillsWin
04-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Switch LaFell with Cam Thomas or Torrell Troupe and I'd be satisfied. Clausen may be a great QB or he may be a bust. In other words, he is a first round QB. Its a toss up of whether or not he will succeed.

Campbell, if available in the second would be solid. He is an athletic freak of nature. Although there is hesitation amongst scouts about him, he could turn out being a franchise LT.

jamze132
04-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Screw that draft. I don't think Nix is that bad...

SABURZFAN
04-19-2010, 02:10 AM
For the Bills:

1) Clausen
2) Bruce Campbell
3) Brandon LaFell

that's horrible....

Buddo
04-19-2010, 04:22 AM
It might well be horrible, but it also might be awesome. The problem with it, is that you haven't actually 'fixed' anything. DT in the 3rd would be the way to go for sure, with Troup or Thomas, and then you could say it wasn't so chancy.
I think that Nix doesn't want to take too many chances atm with his first few picks - he wants guys who will come straight in and contribute.
TBH, I think it's one of the main 'knocks' on this QB class overall. Just because Clausen has taken snaps under center, doesn't mean he's actually ready for the NFL, and I personally don't want any QB drafted to start, without a line in front of him.
Campbell could well become a franchise LT - he has the measurables - but I highly doubt that it would be this year, unless the 'word' on him, is that he's very 'coachable'.
Going back to the point about Nix wanting guys early, who will come in and contribute, I just don't see a 3rd round WR being able to do that, especially with Jackson, Hardy, Johnson and Parrish there already. If we were going to grab a WR, it would have to be a guy like Bryant, Thomas or Tate, who would have a legitimate chance to get on the field.
Seems to me that Kirwan is making the mistake of seeing TO and Reed gone, and consequently sees receiver as an absolute need, which I don't think it is especially. I believe that one of Hardy or Johnson, will turn out pretty good - I've seen enough 'flashes' from Johnson, to be pretty certain he will, given opportunities. Hardy, not quite so much, but if he's learned from TO, then he could well also become pretty decent. He certainly can provide an End Zone threat.

tampabay25690
04-19-2010, 05:50 AM
I dont think its that bad at all....

Night Train
04-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Good God, this draft can't come fast enough.

These mock drafts can't suck enough.

don137
04-19-2010, 06:19 AM
One thing I noticed with many mock drafts is it seems that many of them have Buffalo taking the the risk players that have potential bust written on them. The same goes for the Raiders. I guess since the Raiders and Bills have drafted so many bust players in the past they continue to have them take them.

Jan Reimers
04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
One thing I noticed with many mock drafts is it seems that many of them have Buffalo taking the the risk players that have potential bust written on them. The same goes for the Raiders. I guess since the Raiders and Bills have drafted so many bust players in the past they continue to have them take them.
I really think that will change with Nix and Gailey. I'm looking forward to a draft of productive, mature players, rather than one hit wonders and workout warriors.

Bill Cody
04-19-2010, 09:53 AM

And that's why those 2 teams draft where they do every year

tat2dmike77
04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Lafell, imo, is good value there. Plenty of possession receivers in this draft, and he would be a good pick.

The first two though...I'm a big NON-fan.

Ditto

2 years ago LaFell had a case of the dropsies alot. He worked hard and overcame it thought about going pro and decided not to and he really improved his game at LSU i watched his whole career there and he would help this offense from day one as a slot and eventual #2 he could possibly develope into a #1 with the right coaching.