PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan: Connolly must step up in Game Three

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Tim Connolly finally showed up to talk about Game Two on Sunday. His impressions were essentially the same as everyone else who had watched him meander around the HSBC Arena ice during the Sabres' 5-3 loss to the Bruins the day before.

"Yeah, I definitely can play better," Connolly said. "The first couple of games, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished out there, especially offensively."

Sabres coach Lindy Ruff concurred with his No. 1 center's self-evaluation. Ruff gave him an excuse, too, explaining that Connolly's physical conditioning hasn't returned to its customary level after he sat out the last nine games of the regular season with a foot injury.

Ruff said Connolly had only one practice before the playoffs began. He said Connolly was adequate in the opener. But like many players who come back from an extended period of idleness, Connolly's lack of conditioning became more of an issue in the second game back. Ruff said he'll have to reduce Connolly's ice time in tonight's pivotal third game in Boston.

"It's going to have to be shorter," Ruff said. "I'll have to do a better job of regulating his shifts, maybe even less on the penalty-killing side. His minutes have to go down, so he's not thinking, "I'm playing 19 minutes, I have to conserve.'

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/18/1023448/sullivan-connolly-must-step-up.html