6) Travis Tillman

7) Roscoe Parrish

8) Bucky Brooks

9) Mark Traynowicz

10) Donte Whitner

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Putting Maybin on this list is dumb.

I hated the pick, but calling a guy a bust after one year is really, really, really dumb.

Whitner was drafted too early, but is not a bust either. Good player. Not an impact player that you expect at #8 though. He is a much better player than JD Williams ever was. To have Whitner ahead of JD Williams? Ridiculous.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2010, 05:42 AM
In addition, Parrish has contributed something, albeit only on punt returns. But he was the best punt returned in the league for a couple of years. Not a complete bust.

How is he a bigger bust than Bucky Brooks or Traynowicz, neither who did anything at all with the Bills? Brooks was on the roster for two years.

You are spending way too much time in the present.

Night Train
04-19-2010, 05:53 AM
I see football wasn't invented until 1986.

Forward_Lateral
04-19-2010, 06:10 AM
What about Todd Collins?

Historian
04-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Gotta go further back...to Booker Moore and Perry Tuttle at least.

Or Walt Patulski...

Or Phil Dokes...

Or Ruud and Nelson....

Ebenezer
04-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Gotta go further back...to Booker Moore and Perry Tuttle at least.

Or Walt Patulski...

Or Phil Dokes...

Or Ruud and Nelson....
Go even further back...to Al Cowlings

Or Ed Rutkowski...

Or Richie Lucas...

Or Ralph Wilson...

Typ0
04-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Definetely Ralph Wilson should be number one on the list.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-19-2010, 08:51 AM
If you go back further than 1985 you would have almost every pick in the first round as a Bills draft bust.

I don't have 10, but:

John McCargo - The Bills trade back into the first round to pick up this lazy, good for nothing, etc. They try to trade him and he even failed that.

Donte Whitner - I am not a hater of Whitner, but I remember a lot of Bills fans screaming for them to take Haloti Ngata here.

Willis McGahee - Donahoe decides to take a chance on a guy that blew out his knee in college, he wasn't a bad player but was such a douche. He blew out his welcome in Buffalo.

Erik Flowers - The brain trust at 1BD thought they would take a shot with a huge reach. It turned out to be a huge reach. Of course when you look back on that draft I am not sure the Bills did any research that year.

JP Losman - The Bills traded back into the first round to take the "fourth best" quarterback in the draft. I guess the potential was there, afterall he was sacked so many times in college.

Mike Williams - I remember that sinking feeling in my gut when they took this waste. This put the team in a hole for years.

I would add trades for first round picks (for quarterbacks) if I could.

THRILLHO
04-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Maybin?!?! Give the kid a chance.

The Spaz
04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
pretty bad list.

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
In addition, Parrish has contributed something, albeit only on punt returns. But he was the best punt returned in the league for a couple of years. Not a complete bust. He was so good at it that he got benched. There's nothing special in calling a Fair Catch.

You are spending way too much time in the present.
That's because this is a "What have you done lately" league.

Ebenezer
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
He was so good at it that he got benched. There's nothing special in calling a Fair Catch.

Can you ever call a mid 2nd round pick a bust? How much is expected from somebody picked after 32?

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Putting Maybin on this list is dumb.

Watch and learn. He may even take over the #1 position when all is said and done.

It's not really surprising the Bills have been so bad recently. Just look at their pitiful drafts.

Instead of *****ing about mine, where is your list?

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
That's all most of us remember to.

Ebenezer
04-19-2010, 10:52 AM
That's all most of us remember to.

then it is a good thing you used the 1985 disclaimer...there were some drafts prior to that that make some of the players you put on your list look like All-Pros.

NorthCarBills
04-19-2010, 10:56 AM
How about some love in this thread for our 2nd round TE Lonnie Johnson? The king of dropped passes.

Novacane
04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Come on Dummy. How can you put Maybin on that list. He had 9 tackles last year!
What more can you expect from a top pick.

Typ0
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I think it's reasonable to put Maybin in this list because we needed a pass rush last year and he was the guy they brought in to do it. We got nothing.

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Since 1985
First 2 rounds.
How would you rank them?

1) Mike Williams

2) Bucky Brooks

3) Mark Traynowicz

4) Eric Flowers

5) John McCargo

6) JP Losman

7) Travis Tillman

There is your list, three of your guys either aren't busts yet or never will be except in your eyes.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
He was so good at it that he got benched. There's nothing special in calling a Fair Catch.

That's because this is a "What have you done lately" league.

And he led the league in the categry two yeas as well.

Those were not all fair catches.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Watch and learn. He may even take over the #1 position when all is said and done.

It's not really surprising the Bills have been so bad recently. Just look at their pitiful drafts.

Instead of *****ing about mine, where is your list?

Yes he might move up to #1. No doubt.

If you don't want or can't take criticism, don't put up a list.

billz83
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Definetely Ralph Wilson should be number one on the list.

I agree wilson is the #1 cancer to this team..he has sabotaged this team from every single angle! as for players Lostman and McCargo were MASSIVE busts..the problem the bills have is they OVERREACH on players in the draft!!!! They end up getting project players that need development time in the high 1st round! this is a huge problem they have! after they do this they dont even PLAY the guys so they seem like a huge bust(maybin)! hopefully Nix and company will draft right this year even though i have no faith in the new system because its the same ol crap and a buncha yes men for wilson.

YardRat
04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
1-James Williams
2-Mike Williams
3-Erik Flowers
4-John McCargo
5-JP Losman
6-Mark Traynowicz
7-James Patton
8-Gabe Northern
9-Bucky Brooks
10-John Parella

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
And he led the league in the categry two yeas as well.

Are you going to brag how the Bills have an awesome punter?

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
There is your list, three of your guys either aren't busts yet or never will be except in your eyes.
Actually imo they are busts. You think different, that's fine. Most of us already know that your opinion usually is wrong. :snicker:

MikeInRoch
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Anyone who calls someone a bust after a single year is wrong. Period.

clumping platelets
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Flowers should be #2

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Anyone who calls someone a bust after a single year is wrong. Period.
Maybin has time to shed himself of the bust label. I doubt he does though.

MikeInRoch
04-19-2010, 11:05 PM
No. He has time to gain the bust label, and he might very well do that. It's not possible to gain it after one season.

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 11:08 PM
No. He has time to gain the bust label, and he might very well do that. It's not possible to gain it after one season.
Compare him to almost every other player drafted after him in the 1st round.
He's a bust until he proves different.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
bernard ford....

putting maybin on the list makes u one of the worst talent evaluators in the history of history...!!!!!!! get real man.....

MikeInRoch
04-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Compare him to almost every other player drafted after him in the 1st round. He's a bust until he proves different.

Judging a player by his first season is moronic.

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Actually imo they are busts.

Which is what I said...

TacklingDummy
04-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Judging a player by his first season is moronic.

So I guess you have no opinions about who the Bills will draft?

I see many players drafted after Maybin who made a huge impact last year.

12 Denver Broncos Knowshon Moreno Running back Georgia
13 Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo Defensive end Texas
14 New Orleans Saints Malcolm Jenkins Cornerback Ohio State
15 Houston Texans Brian Cushing Linebacker USC
16 San Diego Chargers Larry English Defensive end Northern Illinois
17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Josh Freeman Quarterback Kansas State
18 Denver Broncos Robert Ayers Defensive end Tennessee
19 Philadelphia Eagles Jeremy Maclin Wide receiver Missouri
20 Detroit Lions Brandon Pettigrew Tight end Oklahoma State
21 Cleveland Browns Alex Mack Center California
22 Minnesota Vikings Percy Harvin Wide receiver Florida
23 Baltimore Ravens Michael Oher Offensive tackle Ole Miss
24 Atlanta Falcons Peria Jerry Defensive tackle Ole Miss
25 Miami Dolphins Vontae Davis Cornerback Illinois
26 Green Bay Packers Clay Matthews Linebacker USC
27 Indianapolis Colts Donald Brown Running back Connecticut
28 Buffalo Bills Eric Wood Center Louisville
29 New York Giants Hakeem Nicks Wide receiver North Carolina
30 Tennessee Titans Kenny Britt Wide receiver Rutgers
31 Arizona Cardinals Chris Wells Running back Ohio State
32 Pittsburgh Steelers Evander Hood Defensive tackle Missouri

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I think it's reasonable to put Maybin in this list because we needed a pass rush last year and he was the guy they brought in to do it. We got nothing.
it wasn't his fault that the dumb sh**s leading the team rarely put him in the game. so i don't think it's fair that maybin is on that list.

Mad Max
04-20-2010, 12:27 AM
1.) Rob (mea culpa for supporting this munkey) Johnson
2.) Mike (really? we passed on Bryant Mckinnie for the black Michelin Man really?) Williams
3.) John (this is the answer you give someone when they come at you with the "you're not a professional so you have no right to judge the validity of a draft pick") Mccargo
4.) JP (not sure why I put him on my list, after all he is a star......in the UF freaking L!!!) Losman
5.) Erik (can't fault OBD for this one..he did after all look the spitting image of Brucuuuce right? or was it Darth Maul) Flowers
6.) Drew (only the idiots at OBD could have been dumb enough to give away a first for a stop gap statue....Belichek vs. Donahoe?..please) Bledsoe
7.-10.) the top six are a lifetimes worth of fail..who needs more

Spiderweb
04-20-2010, 01:36 AM
.....and he holds high expectations for 2nd rounders, all while forgetting (or not knowing) about Walt Patulski, Perry Tuttle, Phil Dokes, Mike Dennis, Tony Hunter, Al Cowlings (OJ's buddy), Tom Ruud, etc. There were all true number one's who failed miserably before he began his foray into football trivia.

Donte Whitner, Rosco Parrish, have returned some value for their selections (and Parrish was a second rounder to boot).

Suggest a bit more research before throwing out a top ten....

Dr. Lecter
04-20-2010, 05:33 AM
Are you going to brag how the Bills have an awesome punter?

That was not the point at all and has nothing to do with this. You were wrong and can't admit it.

Dr. Lecter
04-20-2010, 05:33 AM
bernard ford....

putting maybin on the list makes u one of the worst talent evaluators in the history of history...!!!!!!! get real man.....

Bernard Ford was not picked in the 1st or 2nd round

YardRat
04-20-2010, 05:41 AM
The original parameters were from '85 to current, the last 25 years. I don't understand why some have an issue with that. I'm sure if TD wanted to throw out a list for 'all-time', guys like Patulski, Ruud and Nelson, Dokes etc would be on his top 10 as well.

MikeInRoch
04-20-2010, 06:08 AM

I didn't say that. I didn't even say I liked the pick - I don't particularly think he's going to be worth that spot. What I am saying is that it is too early to judge if he is a bust.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 08:21 AM
That was not the point at all and has nothing to do with this. You were wrong and can't admit it.
I was not wrong about Parrish. 2rd round picks should be more than just benched punter returns. Especially when the Bills already have enough return men. We need starters on Offense and Defense not Special teams.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 08:24 AM
The original parameters were from '85 to current, the last 25 years. I don't understand why some have an issue with that. I'm sure if TD wanted to throw out a list for 'all-time', guys like Patulski, Ruud and Nelson, Dokes etc would be on his top 10 as well.

25 years ago is a long time. After that it's just like the Dolphins last Super Bowl win, it doesn't matter. Most of the posters on here are probably under 40 years old. I doubt that many of us recall who Phil Dokes was.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 08:27 AM
to be worth that spot. What I am saying is that it is too early to judge if he is a bust.It's too early after 1 NFL season to tell if Maybin who many talent evaluators questioned, will be a bust but keyboard draft experts who claim Clausen will be a bust who hasn't even been drafted yet are not "moronic"?

MikeInRoch
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
It's too early after 1 NFL season to tell if Maybin who many talent evaluators questioned, will be a bust but keyboard draft experts who claim Clausen will be a bust who hasn't even been drafted yet are not "moronic"?

If they were saying "Clausen is a bust", yes, that's moronic. If they say "Clausen has a high potential to be a bust", that's a fine opinion. Just as it is a fine opinion to say "Maybin has a high potential to be a bust."

DraftBoy
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM

I see many players drafted after Maybin who made a huge impact last year.

12 Denver Broncos Knowshon Moreno Running back Georgia
13 Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo Defensive end Texas
14 New Orleans Saints Malcolm Jenkins Cornerback Ohio State
15 Houston Texans Brian Cushing Linebacker USC
16 San Diego Chargers Larry English Defensive end Northern Illinois
17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Josh Freeman Quarterback Kansas State
18 Denver Broncos Robert Ayers Defensive end Tennessee
19 Philadelphia Eagles Jeremy Maclin Wide receiver Missouri
20 Detroit Lions Brandon Pettigrew Tight end Oklahoma State
21 Cleveland Browns Alex Mack Center California
22 Minnesota Vikings Percy Harvin Wide receiver Florida
23 Baltimore Ravens Michael Oher Offensive tackle Ole Miss
24 Atlanta Falcons Peria Jerry Defensive tackle Ole Miss
25 Miami Dolphins Vontae Davis Cornerback Illinois
26 Green Bay Packers Clay Matthews Linebacker USC
27 Indianapolis Colts Donald Brown Running back Connecticut
28 Buffalo Bills Eric Wood Center Louisville
29 New York Giants Hakeem Nicks Wide receiver North Carolina
30 Tennessee Titans Kenny Britt Wide receiver Rutgers
31 Arizona Cardinals Chris Wells Running back Ohio State
32 Pittsburgh Steelers Evander Hood Defensive tackle Missouri

Im not really big into one year wonders, maybe that's your thing. None of these guys have proven anything on a consistent basis.

The Jokeman
04-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I posted this elswhere but it's an example of what we did and who we could have had at the same position usually in the same round. This wasn't even looking at best player available. This was from 2002-2009 in just Rounds 1 & 2 and it's quite eye opening:

WE TOOK/WE PASSED ON
1 MIKE WILLIAMS T/BRYANT MCKINNIE T
2 JOSH REED WR/ANTONIO BRYANT WR

1 WILLIS MCGAHEE RB/LARRY JOHNSON RB (not really a need but a better RB selected in same round).
2 CHRIS KELSAY DE/OSI UMENYIORA DE

1 LEE EVAN/ WR NO WR BETTER
2 JP LOSMAN QB /MATT SCHAUB QB* (Taken in Round 3)

2 ROSCOE PARRISH WR/VINCENT JACKSON WR

1A DONTE WHITNER S/HALOTI NGATA/BRODRICK BUNKLEY DT
1B JOHN MCCARGO DT/ROMAN HARPER S (Taken on Round 2)

1 MARSHAWN LYNCH RB NO RB BETTER
2 PAUL POSLUSZNY LB/DAVID HARRIS LB (Taken in Round 2)

1 LEODIS MCKELVIN CB/DOMINIQUE-RODGERS CROMARTIE CB
2 JAMES HARDY WR/DESEAN JACKSON WR
2009 1 AARON MAYBIN DE BRIAN ORAKPO DE

OpIv37
04-20-2010, 12:39 PM

I don't have a problem with fair catches.

It's the fair catches inside the 10 yard line, and the fair catches when no one is within 10 yards of him, and the fair catches he tries to make while running forward full speed. And the times he doesn't make a fair catch then loses 5 yards trying to run backwards and get an angle on the defender.

The guy is dumb as ****.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Im not really big into one year wonders, maybe that's your thing. None of these guys have proven anything on a consistent basis.
But most of them have done more than Maybin has done so far.

Ebenezer
04-20-2010, 02:43 PM
But most of them have done more than Maybin has done so far.

I don't think he'll pan out either and I didn't like the choice but you can't consider Maybin a bust. He didn't ask not to play last year. Are you really going to make any decision based on the charlie foxtrot at HC last year? Even a high school coach would have known by week 4 to play the kid.

YardRat
04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
He didn't ask not to play last year.

I was going to say something along the lines of "He wouldn't have played even if he asked nicely and said pretty please, he needs to earn time on the field", but then we were dealing with a staff that wouldn't put Fred Jackson in until they were forced to.

billz83
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Compare him to almost every other player drafted after him in the 1st round.
He's a bust until he proves different.

EXACTLY!! there are players at his position that were drafted AFTER HIM that had a season 100 times better then maybin..so for maybin to be picked SOOO HIGH and for him to produce ZERO results he is a bust for being picked where he was picked..he still has time to change this and hopefully he will be an impact type of player in the new 3-4 at OLB.