View Full Version : 3 team trade

djjimkelly
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
eagles get ernie sims lb

lions get tony scheffler TE

broncos get undisclosed DP

psubills62
04-19-2010, 10:56 AM
It's reported that Broncos are getting Eagles' 5th round draft pick. Lions also get a 7th from the Broncos.

IMO, good deal for the Lions.

more cowbell
04-19-2010, 10:57 AM
and we weren't interested in ernie sims or tony scheffler because.......?

clumping platelets
04-19-2010, 10:58 AM
I would love to have both players

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Would of loved to add Sims.

Griz78
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Sims is too small for a 3-4.
Scheffler would have been nice!

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Sims is too small for a 3-4.
Scheffler would have been nice!

He's an inch shorter and 2 pounds heavier than Poz. What are you talking about?

Night Train
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I was listening to Ross Tucker on ESPN radio Sunday morning.

He stated that he fully expected more trades than usual the next week, from what he was hearing around the league. Teams supposedly are at least talking trade more than ever.

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I was listening to Ross Tucker on ESPN radio Sunday morning.

He stated that he fully expected more trades than usual the next week, from what he was hearing around the league. Teams supposedly are at least talking trade more than ever.

Expect a ton of moves, it will not just break but likely smash records.

psubills62
04-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Expect a ton of moves, it will not just break but likely smash records.

I sure hope so. That would typically indicate that the Bills will be involved in at least one trade, hopefully ones that include Lynch, Whitner, Kelsay, and possibly Kyle Williams.

Mahdi
04-19-2010, 11:29 AM
The Eagles are laughing their butts off right now...

So the Broncos lose a promising receiving TE, the Lions lose a top notch playmaking OLB and the Eagles lose a measly 5th rounder.

Griz78
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM

6-0 230 lbs is more like Keith Ellison

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:32 AM
6-0 230 lbs is more like Keith Ellison

Except he's 6'0, 240 and would move inside. Poz is only 6'1, 238.

Edit: Read the weight wrong

Mahdi
04-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Poz is 6'1 238.

Sims is 6'0 230.

I don't think Sims fits in a 3-4 either. You want you ILBs to be a bit heavier to mash it up inside. Sims is a coverage LB and a good tackler in the open field.

Not a masher though.

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Poz is 6'1 238.

Sims is 6'0 230.

I don't think Sims fits in a 3-4 either. You want you ILBs to be a bit heavier to mash it up inside. Sims is a coverage LB and a good tackler in the open field.

Not a masher though.

Correct, I read his weight wrong before. Either way 10 pounds is not a ton to add, and he has the ability to play sideline to sideline in pursuit and like you said is a great open field tackler. If we got a NT who could keep him clean he could do a very good job at WILB, imo.

Griz78
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I think we can all agree though in that we wonder why we don't make moves like these?

Michael82
04-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Why the hell wouldn't we have tried to get in on this? I'd give up my 5th rounder in a heartbeat for Sims and would have loved Scheffler!

Buddo
04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
I've said it before, with all the RFA's about, because of the CBA cancellation, there are likely to be more trades, including 3 way trades, than we would normally see.
TBH, I'd like to hear that the Bills are trying to be creative themselves in that fashion.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Just last week someone was making fun of me for proposing a 3 team trade, saying "this ain't the NBA."

I said 3 team trades happen and Denver is always involved one way or another.

Told ya. :moon:

Forward_Lateral
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Stupid trade by the Lions. WTF did they draft Pettigrew for? Sims has been their best linebacker, by far the past few seasons.

Dumb, dumb trade for Detroit, great trade for Philly. Stupid move by Denver, too, if the pick is lower than a 3rd.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2010, 11:57 AM

So the Broncos lose a promising receiving TE, the Lions lose a top notch playmaking OLB and the Eagles lose a measly 5th rounder. Lions got Scheffler for Scheffler and a 7th - meh

Broncos got a 5th for Scheffler - :meh:

Eagles got Sims for a 5th?? :eek:

kingJofNYC
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Sims stinks, Schwartz watched him play for a year and couldn't stand the sight of him. Lions are really thin at LB, they wouldn't trade Sims if he was actually useful. Dude is awful.

psubills62
04-19-2010, 12:16 PM

So the Broncos lose a promising receiving TE, the Lions lose a top notch playmaking OLB and the Eagles lose a measly 5th rounder.

Playmaking OLB? So he has 2.5 sacks, 5 passes defensed, 1 INT, and 4 forced fumbles all in FOUR years (that's 56 starts), and he's a playmaker?

I still think the Lions won out. They've got two starting quality TE's now for Stafford.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Sims is serviceable for Philly's defense. wasn't Scheffler in the doghouse in Denver?

madness
04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
If the Bills made any of these moves, I'd question if we still are under the old regime.

Two players that fell out of favor due to huge discipline(on the field) and character issues.

THRILLHO
04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
and we weren't interested in ernie sims or tony scheffler because.......?

Yep, I saw that trade on ESPN and said "We could of used both those players!" :op:

psubills62
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
If the Bills made any of these moves, I'd question if we still are under the old regime.

Two players that fell out of favor due to huge discipline(on the field) and character issues.

I don't see Scheffler as having any character or major discipline issues. He was upset because McDaniels pretty much only uses blocking TE's. Scheffler was a horrible fit for McDaniels' offense and everyone knew it. He's a very good receiving TE though, if used properly. I think he's a very good addition for Detroit.

madness
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't see Scheffler as having any character or major discipline issues. He was upset because McDaniels pretty much only uses blocking TE's. Scheffler was a horrible fit for McDaniels' offense and everyone knew it. He's a very good receiving TE though, if used properly. I think he's a very good addition for Detroit.
McDaniels suspended him because he was mouthing off in the locker room, had a piss poor attitude about his limited role, and the Broncos trading his BFF(Cutler), called an injured Marshall soft and has been known to half-ass it on the field when not included in the game plan. He won't be an issue in Detroit if they use him primarily as a receiving TE and as long as Pettigrew doesn't start biting into his playing time next year.

billz83
04-19-2010, 04:11 PM
The bills are extremely poorly managed..it starts at the top with wilson who is literally doing everything in his power to make sure the bills SUCK for as long as he is around! There were SOOOOO MANY players the bills COULD have picked up..but the truth of the matter is NOBODY wants to play for WILSON..they all know he is the CHEAPEST owner in the NFL and the most senile..overpaying for garbage players and tryin to lowball players that can make an immediate impact..wilson needs to just sell this team!

Oaf
04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
The bills are extremely poorly managed..it starts at the top with wilson who is literally doing everything in his power to make sure the bills SUCK for as long as he is around! There were SOOOOO MANY players the bills COULD have picked up..but the truth of the matter is NOBODY wants to play for WILSON..they all know he is the CHEAPEST owner in the NFL and the most senile..overpaying for garbage players and tryin to lowball players that can make an immediate impact..wilson needs to just sell this team!
Did paladin learn English?

JCBills
04-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Stupid trade by the Lions. WTF did they draft Pettigrew for? Sims has been their best linebacker, by far the past few seasons.

Dumb, dumb trade for Detroit, great trade for Philly. Stupid move by Denver, too, if the pick is lower than a 3rd.

They'll probably put Julian Peterson inside, DeAndre Levy and Follett outside, and now have two dirty TEs.