What are you Tebow haters going to do when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

What are you Tebow haters going to do when...

Tim Tebow wins this franchise their first super bowl?

I am not a Gators fan. I just love college football and root for a variery of teams. I have to admit that I am concerned about the throwing motion but I'd say his intangibles outweigh this and he will be very successful.

I can easily see OBD grabbing Tebow late in the first. Like it or not. His confidence and swagger are something that we haven't seen since Jim Kelly. I can see Tebow throwing a pick and then breaking the guys leg tackling him along the sideline...sounds familiar. He's going to be successful!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: What are you Tebow haters going to do when...

knee slappin comedy.

He has some work in front of him..... He may develope but he could esily be a ho-hum QB in this league

The question is what would you do if the Bills do take him somewhere and he ends up setting the franchise back another 5 years ??

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
      The question is what would you do if the Bills do take him somewhere and he ends up setting the franchise back another 5 years ??
      Then we'd be no worse than where we are now.

I'm pro-Tebow

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

IMO, drafting Tebow is all about high risk, high reward. But in this bet you are betting on arguably the best college football player of all time.

To me, being the team that makes the bet is intriguing and then you avoid being one of the other 31 teams that had a chance to take him and passed while watching him become a superstar.

If he doesn't pan out, no one will ever say that the risk wasn't worth a late first rounder or early second rounder.

Put it this way, if we can trade up for a guy like McCargo or Losman, trading up for Tebow should be a no-brainer, selecting him at your spot at 41 in round 2 would be even better.
        Last edited by Mahdi; 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

What a stupid thread. Do you think people will be pissed if Tebow turns out to be good? No. That doesn't mean that we all have to want Buffalo to draft him. I'll be just as pissed as the next guy if Buffalo takes him at #9, or even later in the first, but if they do, and he ends up being great, I won't be pissed anymore. Jesus. It's common sense.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
            • Dec 2004

I'm not a Tebow hater but I respect the opinions of the draft experts who think he's a longshot to be a star QB in this league - and that's why I don't want Buffalo to draft him any earlier than he should be based on his projected ceiling. I personally think Tebow's got a tall mountain to climb because of his mechanics and lack of experience in a pro-style offense, but we'll see.

If the Bills draft him and he turns out to be a star and leads us to a Super Bowl, I don't think there will be any "haters" - just a big ol' group of "lickers" or "flakes" or "maniacs" or whatever. :)

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I'm pro-Tebow
              Exactly! What the hell do we have to lose? A lot of pesimists already wrote us off with another 5 years of crap because we hired Gailey and Nix. What else do we have to hope for? People are clamoring for Clausen or McCoy or LeFavour...who knows that any of them will be flops? You can't always go by track records but I have to believe that more often than not there's usually more success with a collegiate that carries a proven track record over one that doesn't.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jpdex12
                His confidence and swagger are something that we haven't seen since Jim Kelly. I can see Tebow throwing a pick and then breaking the guys leg tackling him along the sideline...sounds familiar. He's going to be successful!
                Losman had tons of confidence and swagger. Tebow helped motivate his players and he helped the Gators come together as an amazing team; however, this is the NFL and you need more than confidence. When compared to just about every other school, Florida has far superior athletes. It's much easier for him to motivate and lead a team when you're already far better on paper than just about every team you face.

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if we couldn't get Clausen in the first and then got Tebow by trading back in to the second or getting him in the third.
                Last edited by cocamide; 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I'm pro-Tebow
                  Isn't the goal not to be no worse but to get better ASAP ?

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong... Maybe we should continue to reach and take chances, we're bound to hit one out of the park eventually ...

I still think making some moves to put ourselves in a positions to move up for a franchise arm in 2011 is the move we need to make.. Lets get the D front 7 set and the finish up the OL rebuild then we can put a rookie arm behind our rebuilt, gelled and tested OL and he might actually survive.

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    What a stupid thread. Do you think people will be pissed if Tebow turns out to be good? No. That doesn't mean that we all have to want Buffalo to draft him. I'll be just as pissed as the next guy if Buffalo takes him at #9, or even later in the first, but if they do, and he ends up being great, I won't be pissed anymore. Jesus. It's common sense.
                    Honestly, what point are you trying to drive home?

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cocamide

That being said, I wouldn't be upset if we couldn't get Clausen in the first and then got Tebow by trading back in to the second or getting him in the third.

You wouldn't be upset with this ? THAT's INSANE.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Cheer and be elated...

I can give you about a million reasons I don't think it'll happen, and only about 10 of them are related to Tebow alone. Hey, if he turns out to be a great NFL QB, awesome for him and whoever has him on their roster, but I just don't see it happening and would clearly prefer we aren't the guinea pigs for that experiment.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Exactly! What the hell do we have to lose? A lot of pesimists already wrote us off with another 5 years of crap because we hired Gailey and Nix. What else do we have to hope for? People are clamoring for Clausen or McCoy or LeFavour...who knows that any of them will be flops? You can't always go by track records but I have to believe that more often than not there's usually more success with a collegiate that carries a proven track record over one that doesn't.

How about a nice steady rebuild plan that does not use the ******ed decision making of the past regimes

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
                            Losman had tons of confidence and swagger. Tebow helped motivate his players and he helped the Gators come together as an amazing team; however, this is the NFL and you need more than confidence. When compared to just about every other school, Florida has far superior athletes. It's much easier for him to motivate and lead a team when you're already far better on paper than just about every team you face.

Good point! Whi isn't it easier to evaluate a college career and apply it to the pros?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Tim Tebow wins this franchise their first super bowl?

they would sign a petition to move the team to LA?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X