X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills will waste a pick.

Long time since I posted a thread but with all of the hype regarding Tebow and Spiller I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Even if these skill players are 100% ready for the NFL they will either get hurt or never reach there full potential rotting behind this terrible o-line. Many of you sat here a year ago convincing yourselves the line wasn't as bad as it looked on paper. How did that Bell thing work out. OBD did a nice job of selling you on Bell as the next Peters with a better attidtude.

The bottom line is that the o-line is horrible. It will not be better without adding more talent to it. Period. If the Bills ever want to be competitive than make the sacrifice now, even though not popular, and get this line built properly.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills will waste a pick.

Again, people referencing the ENTIRE OL as terrible when we just drafted and signed 4 new OL last year that have either shown a lot of promise or are already established as solid starters.

We are 1 OL away from having a fairly good OL.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
      Exactly, we are one good offensive line away from having a good offensive line. In reality, we only need 2 tackles, a center, and a guard (unless Wood comes back)...

Now you could move Levitre to T or potentially Wood to center, but you still have 3-4 positions out of 5 that are manned by questionable talent.

PS. No, I did not forget about Cornell Green

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Again, people referencing the ENTIRE OL as terrible when we just drafted and signed 4 new OL last year that have either shown a lot of promise or are already established as solid starters.

This board grossly overrates Wood, Levitre and especially Hangartner. Han simply isn't that good. Wood has question marks due to his injury, and both him and Levitre have a lot to learn. Will they get better? Hopefully, but every year people on this board get all excited about 2nd-year players maturing and every year it fails to materialize.

This OL is at least two starting tackles and one interior player from being NFL caliber, and it needs overall depth.

If you can't see that, you're just fooling yourself.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Just because Trent Edwards is constantly injured does not mean others will get injured by being tackled. Ryan Fitzpatrick & Fred Jackson remained healthy last year behind the same line, & yes the Bills should & most likely will add new talent to the line before the season starts.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I agree that our OL is taking steps to being better, but it still needs major attention.

this game is won and lost in the trenches. Those words do not have any asteriks next to it, runnning and stopping the run leads to better things, something the Bills have failed to do with any real consistency for the last decade.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              This board grossly overrates Wood, Levitre and especially Hangartner. Han simply isn't that good. Wood has question marks due to his injury, and both him and Levitre have a lot to learn. Will they get better? Hopefully, but every year people on this board get all excited about 2nd-year players maturing and every year it fails to materialize.

This OL is at least two starting tackles and one interior player from being NFL caliber, and it needs overall depth.

If you can't see that, you're just fooling yourself.
              Levitre - Hang - Wood were very solid in the middle of the line this year, there is a reason we ran the ball well between the tackles all year long. I believe Fred ran for 4.5 ypc, that doesn't happen unless your interior is playing at a high level.

Hangarter was a scrapper all year for the Bills and managed the big NTs of our division VERY WELL. He also moved very well on screens and tosses. The guy is a solid football player.

As for Cornell Green, the guy is certainly not a flashy signing but he is a mauler. The guy simply overpowers people in the run game. Not a great pass protector but he is adequate, especially for a run first team.

There is a reason the Raiders were one of the best short yardage running teams in the NFL last year. The guy gets good push off the snap.

Sorry but you are way off in your evaluation of our OL.
              Last edited by Mahdi; 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                • Feb 2009

I dont agree with you often but this on I'm totally 100% on board with. O line or D line is the way to go.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Levitre - Hang - Wood were very solid in the middle of the line this year, there is a reason we ran the ball well between the tackles all year long. I believe Fred ran for 4.5 ypc, that doesn't happen unless your interior is playing at a high level.

Hangarter was a scrapper all year for the Bills and managed the big NTs of our division VERY WELL. He also moved very well on screens and tosses. The guy is a solid football player.

As for Cornell Green, the guy is certainly not a flashy signing but he is a mauler. The guy simply overpowers people in the run game. Not a great pass protector but he is adequate, especially for a run first team.

There is a reason the Raiders were one of the best short yardage running teams in the NFL last year. The guy gets good push off the snap.

Sorry but you are way off in your evaluation of our OL.
                  Once again, you are fooling yourself and seeing what you want to see. But I'm not going to convince you otherwise so there is no point in arguing.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Once again, you are fooling yourself and seeing what you want to see. But I'm not going to convince you otherwise so there is no point in arguing.
                    You have nothing to say because you can't argue against production.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

You have nothing to say because you can't argue against production.
                      The Bills' offense had production? No it didn't. You picked a subjective stat, with only one RB, running only in the middle of the field, to prove production. You didn't adjust for the quality of D we were playing against or the situation in the specific game. If you want to take one number in a vacuum and say it proves that Han is a viable starter, go right ahead, but that's not the reality of the situation.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

HHuricane will waste your time with another sobby thread.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Long time since I posted a thread but with all of the hype regarding Tebow and Spiller I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Even if these skill players are 100% ready for the NFL they will either get hurt or never reach there full potential rotting behind this terrible o-line. Many of you sat here a year ago convincing yourselves the line wasn't as bad as it looked on paper. How did that Bell thing work out. OBD did a nice job of selling you on Bell as the next Peters with a better attidtude.

The bottom line is that the o-line is horrible. It will not be better without adding more talent to it. Period. If the Bills ever want to be competitive than make the sacrifice now, even though not popular, and get this line built properly.
                          There are other rounds for quality olineman besides the 1st.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

The Bills' offense had production? No it didn't. You picked a subjective stat, with only one RB, running only in the middle of the field, to prove production. You didn't adjust for the quality of D we were playing against or the situation in the specific game. If you want to take one number in a vacuum and say it proves that Han is a viable starter, go right ahead, but that's not the reality of the situation.
                            Dude op give it a rest, it's not worth fighting over everything. You are kidding yourself if you don't think our young guards will be pillars of a good oline for many years. Just need some tackles.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                              Dude op give it a rest, it's not worth fighting over everything. You are kidding yourself if you don't think our young guards will be pillars of a good oline for many years. Just need some tackles.
                              First, Wood and Levitre played well FOR ROOKIES. That's not the same thing as playing well. We've seen plenty of players look good early, then go into a sophomore slump and never come out. We don't know if these guys will take the next step or not.

Second, Wood is injured, and may not ever fully recover, so that may be something that's beyond his control.

Third, I was talking mainly about Hangartner, and even if both Wood and Levitre pan out, we need an upgrade at C.

And fourth, I agree that we need tackles. Green is at best a short-term solution. There are no other viable options at tackle on the roster.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X