PDA

View Full Version : Bulaga and Colt Mccoy

BuffaloBlitz83
04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Could you support those 2 picks in round 1 and 2 respectively? Mccoy has been growing on me.

Prov401
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't mind at all.

I love Colt's attitude the best out of all QB's. He seems focused, and teachable. I wish he was a bit bigger, but If Gailey's system is what I think it's going to be, which is running the ball 60%+ of the time...then I don't think we would need to rely on a big arm as much. He's accurate, athletic, and a winner.

jpdex12
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Sure! Solid couple of guys unless my poor comprehension skills are interfering with a different opinion I should have.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't mind at all.

I love Colt's attitude the best out of all QB's. He seems focused, and teachable. I wish he was a bit bigger, but If Gailey's system is what I think it's going to be, which is running the ball 60%+ of the time...then I don't think we would need to rely on a big arm as much. He's accurate, athletic, and a winner.

He impressed the heck out of me on that espn show with Grudan. I thought he has the best attitude of the 4. Jimmy came off as a doosh. Acting like he can't take criticism.

The King
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I would cream my jeans for those two.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Is Mccoy more like Brees or Garcia in style. Grudan kept using Brees, saying don't make me lopok bad in a few years. I see Brees in you, make me look smart.

BillsWin
04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I could live with that. I would much rather take McCoy in the second than trade up for Tebow.

Plus, Bulaga is one of my favorite players in the draft.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
If u land Balaga at 9. Would you consider moving up to get Mccoy?

Luisito23
04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't want to waste the 9th. pick on Bulaga, and I'm good with McCoy in the 3rd. but not before then.

Nighthawk
04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
That is the best case scenario if you're a Bills fan. I'd love it.

DraftBoy
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Id be ok with it, far from ideal with McCoy in Round 2 but its better than many alternatives.

we are
04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Is Mccoy more like Brees or Garcia in style. Grudan kept using Brees, saying don't make me lopok bad in a few years. I see Brees in you, make me look smart.

try a poor mans Kyle Orton.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
try a poor mans Kyle Orton.

McCoy is a completely different qb than Orton. Orton is a pocket passer, Colt is a scrambler like Flutie.

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2010, 12:03 AM
i trust buddy to make the right choice but i wouldn't commit suicide if that is how the first two rounds played out.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Could you support those 2 picks in round 1 and 2 respectively? Mccoy has been growing on me.
How about...

1st...Bryant WR
2nd...Rodger Saffold OT
3rd...Cam Thomas DT
4th... John Skelton QB
5th..Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois

Ingtar33
04-20-2010, 12:27 AM
He impressed the heck out of me on that espn show with Grudan. I thought he has the best attitude of the 4. Jimmy came off as a doosh. Acting like he can't take criticism.

I saw that. Had one of my players done that during film study i would have sent him home. He wasn't listening to a word Gruden had to say, and everything bad that Gruden was talking about was ALWAYS someone else's fault.

As someone who's interviewed countless players his would have stood out for no other reason then as someone i wouldn't want in my locker room.

patmoran2006
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
I guess we'll find out in a few years, but I dont EVER see McCoy being a good NFL QB.

Basically that means this thread will be dug up in a few years and I'll be an ass.

But that's how I feel about him. I wouldnt take him the seventh round.

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
I guess we'll find out in a few years, but I dont EVER see McCoy being a good NFL QB.

Basically that means this thread will be dug up in a few years and I'll be an ass.

come on now pat. you have to believe he would be worth a chance in the seventh round.

jamze132
04-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Just say :no: to Clausen.

Baluga and Tebow!

SaviorEdwards
04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Absolutely, the only player getting more overlooked this draft cycle in Javid Best.

TMu11
04-20-2010, 05:22 AM
I've always liked McCoy, and I would be thrilled if we ended up with him.
I have the utmost confidence in Gailey's QB development, and since he will be here for at least a few years I have no problem at ALL with this strategy.

Night Train
04-20-2010, 05:39 AM
This thread title worried me.

It suggests they were seen in a dance club wearing chaps and getting down.

tampabay25690
04-20-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't want to waste the 9th. pick on Bulaga, and I'm good with McCoy in the 3rd. but not before then.

OMG...WHY?
Bulaga will be a solid LT in this league and at #9 I will be surprised if he is even there to be honest....

NorthCarBills
04-20-2010, 06:20 AM
I wouldn't mind at all.

This writeup sums up what I was going to say. Nicely written.

tampabay25690
04-20-2010, 06:24 AM
How about...

1st...Bryant WR
2nd...Rodger Saffold OT
3rd...Cam Thomas DT
4th... John Skelton QB

I actually like that draft.
Im a big fan of John Skelton.
Bryant is by far the best WR in this class and Saffold might be the most underrated OT in the draft.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Or you could dig it up in a few years and say "I told you so".

I plan on doing that with Maybin once everyone comes to the same conclusion.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 08:07 AM
I actually like that draft.
Im a big fan of John Skelton.
Bryant is by far the best WR in this class and Saffold might be the most underrated OT in the draft.

Thanks.

That draft would fill many holes and gives us some hope.

Bryant could turn out to be the #1 WR we are looking for and hopefully gives the Bills a playmaker that they so desperately need.

Saffold fills the hole on OT.

Thomas is the big man in the middle. Stroud is getting older and his replacement should be on the horizon.

Skelton: Great arm strength. Is one of the taller QB's in the draft. Pike is taller but weighs 17 lbs less.

Deji Karim, RB: Allows the Bills to unload Lynch. Maybe package Lynch and a 5,6,or 7th rounder for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Deji Karim had a very impressive Pro Day, running a 40 in 4.37 seconds despite weighing in at 210 pounds. He also had a 43-inch vertical. Karim rushed for 1,694 yards and 18 touchdowns on a 7.1 YPC average for Southern Illinois in 2009.

trapezeus
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
mccoy was not a winner. he was beaten by better teams constantly. his size and arm strength might not be an issue for a dome team or a southern team. he'll be ryan fitzpatrick come november here.

he was put in a good system in college and had stars all around him. but he did not beat equally as good teams during his career.

I would be ready to write the bills off for another 3 years if they make him their pick.

ct bills fan
04-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I would be thrilled with either Colt or Tebow with our 2nd pick (whenever that may occur - late 1st rd maybe??) but am not sure about Bulaga. If the Bills are convinced he can be a LT, then fine, but, some say he may only end up being a RT and a RT at #9 isn't worth it - rather takes a chance on Davis at #9 or draft Williams (NT) there.

Bill Cody
04-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I think this is the best possible 1-2 combo we could get. McCoy > Clausen

ct bills fan
04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
This is what Peter King reports about Bulaga:

Bulaga had a sub-par season in 2009, missing three games due to a thyroid condition and not regaining top form until Iowa's bowl game. A couple of scouts told me they're not sure he's even a first-round talent after watching Michigan's Brandon Graham abuse him on tape last fall.

At 6-foot-5, rock-solid and 316 pounds, Bulaga could start his career inside at guard, or at right tackle, then move to the left side when he get more comfortable with the speed of the pro game.

I'm not sure we draft a guy at #9 that probably isn't ready to start at LT from day 1??

TacklingDummy
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM

Bulaga had a sub-par season in 2009, missing three games due to a thyroid condition and not regaining top form until Iowa's bowl game. A couple of scouts told me they're not sure he's even a first-round talent after watching Michigan's Brandon Graham abuse him on tape last fall.

At 6-foot-5, rock-solid and 316 pounds, Bulaga could start his career inside at guard, or at right tackle, then move to the left side when he get more comfortable with the speed of the pro game.

I'm not sure we draft a guy at #9 that probably isn't ready to start at LT from day 1??
Next to drafting Tebow at #9, Bulaga would be the 2nd worst option.

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
i would like the dez bryant pick at 9.

DraftBoy
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM

King is not an NFL Scout nor should he ever be confused for one. Anything he says on any prospect should be taken extremely lightly.

Nighthawk
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM

Yes you would.

Prov401
04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
mccoy was not a winner. he was beaten by better teams constantly. his size and arm strength might not be an issue for a dome team or a southern team. he'll be ryan fitzpatrick come november here.

he was put in a good system in college and had stars all around him. but he did not beat equally as good teams during his career.

I would be ready to write the bills off for another 3 years if they make him their pick.

Wow really? That couldn't be more wrong.

Excluding last years bowl game, where the guy didn't even play 97% of the game...He has 1 loss in the last two years. 1 loss. I'm not sure where you get your information from.

ct bills fan
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
King is not an NFL Scout nor should he ever be confused for one. Anything he says on any prospect should be taken extremely lightly.

Agreed - that's why I pointed out the source

Bill Cody
04-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow really? That couldn't be more wrong.

Excluding last years bowl game, where the guy didn't even play 97% of the game...He has 1 loss in the last two years. 1 loss. I'm not sure where you get your information from.

he won more college games than any QB in the history of div 1 college football.

we are
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
great Mccoy won a lot of games...Texas also has a **** load of talent on offense and defense.

how bout the Big 12 championship game when his D and kicker bailed him out?

Buffalogic
04-22-2010, 03:17 AM
How about...

1st...Bryant WR
2nd...Rodger Saffold OT
3rd...Cam Thomas DT
4th... John Skelton QB
Man I'd love this. Only way it could get better is if we got a LB in the 5th. Skelton man I see in him what Clausen lacks. Just that special something you can't put your finger on. I think he's going to be a big surprise player in the NFL and I want him on this team.

TacklingDummy
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Man I'd love this. Only way it could get better is if we got a LB in the 5th. Skelton man I see in him what Clausen lacks. Just that special something you can't put your finger on. I think he's going to be a big surprise player in the NFL and I want him on this team.
Get a 4th for Whitner or Lynch and use that on LB. :up: