• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Vinny Cerrato on Aaron Maybin

When discussing the importance of character, Cerrato related this story from last year's process.

"Last year we brought in 30 guys, and we brought in a bunch of defensive linemen, and we had four guys at dinner," he began. "And at dinner is the head coach, the coordinators, and the owner happened to be there because Brian Orakpo happened to be there, some of the guys that we were very much interested in. And we're at dinner, and one of the kids who ended up being drafted higher than we picked was so obnoxious in the dinner, just yelling across the room, and yelling certain things. A talented guy.

"And then afterwards, when the players left, we all got together and says that guy will not fit. Our players would not want him in the locker room. He would not be a quality kid, he'd be a pain in the neck in the locker room. So we didn't have him on the board. And when he went ahead of us, you're ecstatic. And he had a terrible year this year, so it proved the point."

In other news, Aaron Maybin Aaron Maybin Aaron Maybin. But I appreciate Cerrato's discretion.
    Breaking news, live coverage, investigations, analysis, video, photos and opinions from The Washington Post. Subscribe for the latest on U.S. and international news, politics, business, technology, climate change, health and wellness, sports, science, weather, lifestyle and more.

Has anyone heard anything about Maybin being immature or being a problem in the locker room? Did Vinny make too much out of one night of less-than-ideal behavior, or were his concerns legit?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Vinny Cerrato on Aaron Maybin

He has immaturity concerns coming out, but nothing that has really surfaced as a big issue as of yet.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i can't imagine that maybin had time to be more annoying or a distraction than having a coach who can't coach, qb's who can't qb, a rb who can't run, an DL that can't pressure, a LB corp that can't back up its DL.

somehow an underacheiving rookie doesn't seem to crack the top list of issues on the team.

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

Maybin did that same thing during the season too...

Except it wasn't at dinner. It was everytime he made a Tackle.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I have never heard a single negative thing about him in the locker room or with his work ethic-- at all.

his teammates love him

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Social media also offers a different insight to “character” for Schefter. He follows CNN, Armen Keteyian of CBS, “I have a great deal of respect for him”, and various journalists across the spectrum. However, with Twitter the “personality of a player shines through." Players are notoriously inaccurate for information pertaining to football business, but Schefter can see what kind of person they are in short bursts. Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, and bombastic Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco are among his favorites. Both have shown a splendor and enthusiasm that is infectious. On the down side, “I would never have drafted Aaron Maybin,” Schefter said of the self-absorbed Buffalo defensive end (who had an ugly rookie contract dispute). “I’ve un-followed him," an act on Twitter that is the kiss of death.

The Austin Chronicle is an independent, locally owned and operated alternative newsweekly that reflects the heart and soul of Austin, Texas.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
              • Jul 2002

That story is likely about Maybin, but it could also be Tyson Jackson or B.J. Raji.

God give me style and give me grace
              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Gotta say, I never heard of him having any character concerns. His success at such a young age was consistently attributed to a persistent work ethic. That sounds very unlike Maybin.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Schefter un-followed Aaron Maybin?!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Well if I was a coach at a dinner and was looking for character insight and all this went down I would have taken notice...

but then again I wanted Orakpo pver Maybin from the beginning.

Still can't beleived we reached for him..... but here's hoping he can see the field at OLB

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I think it's because when Maybin grabbed the bread rolls , he started celebrating like he does when he makes a tackle.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        I think it's because when Maybin grabbed the bread rolls , he started celebrating like he does when he makes a tackle.

premature celebration is one of the quickest ways to win disapproval from a winning franchises coach.

That can't be said here

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Yet Schefter follows Ocho. How ironic.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                            • Nov 2005

While this story may be true, Vinnie Cerrato is a compulsive liar and an epic ******. Does he still have a job?

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              Yet Schefter follows Ocho. How ironic.
                              Well obviously there's a huge difference between a narcissist and an entertaining narcissist. It's always the boring ones that are going to fail
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X