PDA

View Full Version : Bills told Charles Brown

Wittman21
04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
What did the Bills tell you?

Brown: "They said they needed a left tackle to come in who can start."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/USC-offensive-tackle-Charles-Brown-QA.html

so much for Nix thinking D. Bell can handle it...

sorry if already posted

ddaryl
04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
you learn to not read into anything a GM says leading up to the draft.

We all know this team cannot afford to go into training camp with the same T's as last year

trapezeus
04-20-2010, 03:18 PM
maybe he believes bell can start, but he's coming off injury and a bad season. you can't roll the dice on that. let bell get healed up on the sidelines and be the depth this team desperately needs. we need some studs on the line and the scrubs backing them up.

how the 2009 bills decided to flip that convention on its face, i'm not sure, but i relaly dont think the 2010 bills will make the same mistake.

Ginger Vitis
It'sa good thing Buddy Nix lied in this case...

The Spaz
What you mean we don't need one to ride the pine?

Bill Cody
04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I guess if someone is going to draft Charlie Brown it should be Buffalo.

Michael82
04-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Good grief!

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
:rofl:

OpIv37
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
maybe he believes bell can start, but he's coming off injury and a bad season. you can't roll the dice on that. let bell get healed up on the sidelines and be the depth this team desperately needs. we need some studs on the line and the scrubs backing them up.

how the 2009 bills decided to flip that convention on its face, i'm not sure, but i relaly dont think the 2010 bills will make the same mistake.

Anyone who thinks Bell can start shouldn't have a job in the NFL.

kingJofNYC
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM

Nailed it.

Ed
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, what's he supposed to say? "We need a LT that can come in and be a solid back-up and we'll pay you millions. Do you think you could handle that?"

DraftBoy
04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
As much as you dont believe what a GM says, you also dont believe the prospects or agents either.

trapezeus
04-20-2010, 03:57 PM

He was thrown into the fire with a ******ed coaching staff. given time and proper guidance, i'm sure he'll be servicable on the OL in a backup position.

We literally threw him out there hoping Dick Jauron was going to make him a starter.

Just so it's not lost on your or anyone else how stupid that is, let me repeat it. We literally threw him out there hoping Dick Jauron was going to make him a starter.

The Spaz
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
As much as you dont believe what a GM says, you also dont believe the prospects or agents either.

Exactly. I watching a show today on NFLN and they were talking to Bryant McFadden and during the draft he didn't have an agent yet. The Steelers called and asked him if he has been in touch with other teams and even though he hadn't he said "yeah I just got off the phone with the Eagles". Then the Steelers drafted him...lol

Lexwhat
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Anyone with an ounce of NFL knowledge (and not wearing blinders) knows that we need to pick up 2 starting-caliber Tackles by the time pre-season starts.

D.Bell may one day become serviceable, but let's face it, he SUCKS right now.

It really all depends on who falls to us at the #9 pick. If the top 3 OTs are all taken, a Tackle at the #9 position may not be a good option. It might make more sense to wait until the 2nd Round to get similar value.

With all the holes we have, we really need to hit a home run with that pick.

Personally, I like Dan Williams, DT, at the #9 pick.

justasportsfan
04-20-2010, 08:03 PM
so much for Nix thinking D. Bell can handle it...

he didn't say this year did he?

Jeff1220
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM

He's a hard worker, but I'd rather not see him as a Bill, especially as a kicker:
http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/catImages/peanutsnever-1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/silverbeam/CSM%20Blog/LucyFootball.jpg

Oaf
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Disagree, but also know that "come in and start" doesn't necessarily make "in" mean "into the organization". So I'm saying that it doesn't necessarily mean "come in from outside". It probably wasn't Nix who said it as well.
That said, what else would you expect Nix to say about Bell besides stating that he can start?

psubills62
04-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Now don't get me wrong, because I think the D. Bell is at the very most a swing tackle right now. He needs to be upgraded, period.

But if anyone remembers correctly, our team was playing pretty well last year up until the injuries started. Remember all the people bemoaning our horrible OL, and then all of a sudden the offense actually showed up against New England? They were out there converting 3rd and 15's, which we NEVER do.

Like I said, this team needs an influx of talent, and it needs playmakers on both sides of the ball. However, I have to wonder how the team would have done each of the past 3 years if not for injuries. I mean, they actually looked good for the first 2.75 games in 2009. But each year, it seems that they couldn't quite overcome key injuries. Seriously, how many different starting OL combinations were there?

I don't think the situation is as hopeless as some people seem to believe.

BertSquirtgum
04-21-2010, 01:07 AM
my old boss also told me he needed me to run the business before he had me fired. i wouldn't look too much into what anyone is saying right now. it's all mumbo jumbo bull****.

Buffalogic
04-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Is this news? Pretty obvious we want a tackle to come in here to start for us no matter what round we pick him in.