PDA

View Full Version : Why not trade first round picks with the Ravens

jpdex12
04-20-2010, 03:12 PM
to acquire Gaither? I can't think of any bad reasons NOT to jump all over this if Baltimore would go for it.
This gives us our starting LT, the chance to draft Tebow if that's what the intentions are late in the first and then we grab our NT with the second round pick.

OK, I'll give up on the Tebow idea for a minute...think about this...

Trade picks with Ravens in the first round for Gaither and draft Demaryius Thomas with the 25th pick, then draft Cody or Cam Thomas at #41 and trade a 5th-6th rounder to Redskins for Campbell. I'd use our 3rd on Jason Worilds or Jefferson from Florida to fill the OLB position and draft Starks in the fourth.

ddaryl
04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I've soured on Gaither do to the rumors he is a "peters" when it comes to effort and dedication.

But a swap of 1sts wouldn't be too bad of deal

THRILLHO
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I've soured on Gaither do to the rumors he is a "peters" when it comes to effort and dedication.

But a swap of 1sts wouldn't be too bad of deal

Even a crappy "peters" would of been better than what he had last year.....

ddaryl
04-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Even a crappy "peters" would of been better than what he had last year.....

yes but I want to build a team that WILL WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP, not build a team that will suck less then the years before

DraftBoy
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Ravens want a outright for Gaither, not sure if they'd even do it.

JCBills
04-20-2010, 04:33 PM
to acquire Gaither? I can't think of any bad reasons NOT to jump all over this if Baltimore would go for it.
This gives us our starting LT, the chance to draft Tebow if that's what the intentions are late in the first and then we grab our NT with the second round pick.

OK, I'll give up on the Tebow idea for a minute...think about this...

Trade picks with Ravens in the first round for Gaither and draft Demaryius Thomas with the 25th pick, then draft Cody or Cam Thomas at #41 and trade a 5th-6th rounder to Redskins for Campbell. I'd use our 3rd on Jason Worilds or Jefferson from Florida to fill the OLB position and draft Starks in the fourth.

Because it takes two to tango, an none of us have any idea what either party's intentions are.

THRILLHO
04-20-2010, 04:59 PM
yes but I want to build a team that WILL WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP, not build a team that will suck less then the years before
Has being a Bills fan really jaded me to the point that I just hope we suck less than the year before!?!?????

Jeff1220
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I think the idea of trading picks for Gaither is a really good one. The things is, I doubt the Ravens would do it. They've put together a really good team through the draft, and most of those picks have been in the mid to late 20s. They've done well in the draft in that range of slots and I don't see why they'd want to move up that far to pay a guy more. The only way I could see them bite on that is if they really covet one of the top DBs like Berry or Haden.

Night Train
04-20-2010, 06:55 PM
No more diva's like Peters, who think they don't have to work for their $$.

jpdex12
04-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Jesus, if you guys were in charge of running a team it doesn't sound like anyone would be good enough for you and you are basing your assumptions off of rumors on the internet.

Are you all single too because you can't find the right female?

SABURZFAN
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
has there been any news about the Bills inquiring about Gaithers? why does this thread exist?

bilzfancy
04-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Gaither can't be traded till he signs his tender and hasn't done so yet.

Dicknoze69
04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
The Gaither trade chatter was likely a ploy to get him to show up to OTA's. I think it's unlikely he gets dealt unless someone overpays.

clumping platelets
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Too much.....I'd swap 1st rd picks with the Chargers for McNeil but not this deal with the Ravens

mightysimi
04-20-2010, 11:02 PM

AMEN!!!!

Oaf
04-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Why the hell would the Ravens want to do this again?

jamze132
04-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Well ****, why don't we jus trade Whitner and Lynch to Hell for Hitler, straight up. No souls.