PDA

View Full Version : On NFL network....

buffalobillsfan95
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
they were talking with tim tebow and rich eisien was trying to trick him into telling him what team wanted him most. then he said " Tim Tebow future QB of the Buffalo....." and they both started laughing

Jeff1220
04-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I saw that too. First, he said Jacksonville, then Buffalo. He was trying to see if Tebow's reaction would tell us anything, but he wasn't giving any info up.
I liked the interview a lot. I haven't really heard much directly from Tebow, only what other report, so it was interesting to hear what he had to say. Like his reputation, he seems like a top notch kid, with a good head on his shoulders and a lot of motivation. I don't know how I feel about Buffalo picking him, but I think in the right situation, where he has time to develop, he'll turn out to be a good one.

psubills62
04-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Man, what a polarizing prospect. EVERYONE has an opinion on Tebow.

It seems like Tebow is nearly at Brett Favre's status already - you either love or hate him. But most people dislike him simply because of how much media coverage he gets.

Buffalogic
04-21-2010, 01:07 AM
The bills have turned into perennial losers with a defeatist mentality. A guy with the attitude and determination of Tebow, along with his will to win, could go a long way to changing the culture of losing in Buffalo.

That's the main reason I want the bills to find a way to draft this guy. Just not with the 9th pick.

Oaf
04-21-2010, 01:12 AM
The bills have turned into perennial losers with a defeatist mentality. A guy with the attitude and determination of Tebow, along with his will to win, could go a long way to changing the culture of losing in Buffalo.

That's the main reason I want the bills to find a way to draft this guy. Just not with the 9th pick.

Well said. I would add that a 2nd + our 3rd would also be very tough to swing as well. I'd almost rather give up one pick, even if it is the 9 (esp if the T's we want are gone) than both of the next two picks, call me crazy if you want.

jamze132
04-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Here's hoping that by the time we pick in RD 2 Clausen and McCoy were drafted by other teams. I would love Tebow is RD2.

JCBills
04-21-2010, 05:52 AM
We're simply not in the position to develop Tebow, would be a wasted pick IMO.

YardRat
04-21-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't know how in the hell anybody can advocate going BPA in this draft but also support taking Tebow with a 2nd round pick or higher.

Luisito23
04-21-2010, 06:06 AM
We're simply not in the position to develop Tebow, would be a wasted pick IMO.

Yeah, because this team has all the pieces to make a SB right now :rolleyes:....If anyone has the time to develop Tebow it's Buffalo.

clumping platelets
04-21-2010, 06:28 AM
We do not have time to wait for Teblow to develop. He'll will take years

TacklingDummy
04-21-2010, 06:35 AM
The Bills need high quality starters and immediate help. 1 draft is not going to fix anything. 3 outstanding drafts should do the trick, hopefully 2.

TMu11
04-21-2010, 06:48 AM
I hear a lot about his intangibles such as leadership etc.
What I don't hear about is how smart Tebow actually is. I heard he scored an 890 on his SATs. Can anyone confirm/Deny?

TacklingDummy
04-21-2010, 06:50 AM
What I don't hear about is how smart Tebow actually is. I heard he scored an 890 on his SATs. Can anyone confirm/Deny?

And being smart has what to do with playing professional sports?

Mahdi
04-21-2010, 07:40 AM
We do not have time to wait for Teblow to develop. He'll will take years
True. We gotta get Keith Ellison a SB ring right now before it's too late.

jpdex12
04-21-2010, 07:46 AM
I hear a lot about his intangibles such as leadership etc.

Well, we have a QB that graduated from friggin Harvard and he sucks! Let's find another reason why NOT to draft one of the most successful damn collegiate football players to ever play. I am sick of players on this team with absolutely no heart. Any one can say, "well, what do you know about which players have heart and which ones dont?" Just look at their demeanor on the sidelines. Fast Freddy is the only player that I have seen truly show heart and wear it on his sleeve. Not many leading by example either!

don137
04-21-2010, 07:52 AM
The Bills are a team with many holes that have gone on record as a team that will build through the draft.
I just do not see the Bills in position to waste a pick at #9 on a player that that needs to be developed and cannot contribute right away nor do I see them in position trading up in round one and lose future picks for the same reasons. If Buffalo wants to rebuild to contend they need a instant starter and #9.
Let the QB they want fall to them but do not trade up and lose picks. The Bills are realistically going to get a top 10 pick next year. If they do not get the QB they want falling to them they can wait until next year when the QB class is better to draft a QB. While QB is a need I do not want to see them reach to address a need.

Historian
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
True. We gotta get Keith Ellison a SB ring right now before it's too late.

:roflmao:

alohabillsfan
04-21-2010, 09:50 AM
But hey, he has the biggest hands....

TMu11
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM

Is that a serious question?

Mahdi
04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Is that a serious question?
He means "book smart." And it really doesn't have anything to do with playing pro sports.

I believe Marino had a horrible IQ test.

HAMMER
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
He means "book smart." And it really doesn't have anything to do with playing pro sports.

I believe Marino had a horrible IQ test.

You believe? All you have to do is listen to Marino speak for ten minutes and you know he is as sharp as a bowling ball.

HAMMER
04-21-2010, 11:54 AM
I think too much is being made of Tebow's mechanics and not enough talk of the bottom line which is wins. That being said no QB will succeed if the O-Line is not addressed.

Throne Logic
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
J

SAT scores correlate to how much you learned in high school classes. Doesn't necessarily correlate to intelligence. It certainly cannot be used to determine "football smarts".

mightysimi
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
You believe? All you have to do is listen to Marino speak for ten minutes and you know he is as sharp as a bowling ball.

13 on the wonderlic. Maybe that's why he picked the number.

trapezeus
04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Tebow's issues aren't with being smart or not. it's whether his success is going to translate to the NFL.

I hated JP as much as anyone at the end of his stay here, but the guy wanted to win. he just couldn't do it. but he had the arm.

Tebow, if his mechanics are an issue and if the system he played in was too simplified, may come into buffalo with the same gusto as JP and leave as the same tattered ruins.

The key for buffalo is to get a line where even a trent edwards or other middling QB can at least drive the field a little. Then you find your stud QB through a trade or the draft.

Tebow, if he needs a lot of time, isn't going to be getting much help out the gate with a line that still hasn't gelled.

LT - No one yet picked. Bell as back up. = not very good pre-draft
LG - Wood, who had a devastating injury. he may be gun shy when he returns = passable LG
C - Hangartner = servicable
RG - Levitre, played well all over the line last year = good
RT- butler retired, we have no ol depth and some Oakland reject = not very good pre draft.

What QB survives behind that? Let alone a rookie? Drafting a QB isn't going to do us much good. But if the brain trust sees tebow as the answer, i'll get behind it.

JCBills
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, because this team has all the pieces to make a SB right now :rolleyes:....If anyone has the time to develop Tebow it's Buffalo.

Not sure where you got that, but alright. Basic comprehension skills paired with an understanding of the franchise's condition makes it clear to most, but I'll break it down I guess.

It's hard to develop a QB without anyone for him to sit behind, soak up valuable knowledge, and spend a few years on those shaky mechanics. We need to hit on our first 2-3 picks in a big way (starters), so again with that glaring need, we're not in the position to draft Tebow.

I have no idea how a team having all the pieces would be in a bad position to draft Tebow, because that's basically what you said. A team like Minnesota or New England IS in the position to draft him because they DO have a lot of the pieces, and can afford to have an early pick ride the pine for an extended period of time.

JCBills
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Tebow's issues aren't with being smart or not. it's whether his success is going to translate to the NFL.

I hated JP as much as anyone at the end of his stay here, but the guy wanted to win. he just couldn't do it. but he had the arm.

Tebow, if his mechanics are an issue and if the system he played in was too simplified, may come into buffalo with the same gusto as JP and leave as the same tattered ruins.

The key for buffalo is to get a line where even a trent edwards or other middling QB can at least drive the field a little. Then you find your stud QB through a trade or the draft.

Tebow, if he needs a lot of time, isn't going to be getting much help out the gate with a line that still hasn't gelled.

LT - No one yet picked. Bell as back up. = not very good pre-draft
LG - Wood, who had a devastating injury. he may be gun shy when he returns = passable LG
C - Hangartner = servicable
RG - Levitre, played well all over the line last year = good
RT- butler retired, we have no ol depth and some Oakland reject = not very good pre draft.

What QB survives behind that? Let alone a rookie? Drafting a QB isn't going to do us much good. But if the brain trust sees tebow as the answer, i'll get behind it.

You have Wood/Levitre flipped :P

tatersalad
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
I think too much is being made of Tebow's mechanics and not enough talk of the bottom line which is wins. That being said no QB will succeed if the O-Line is not addressed.

if the bottom line is wins colt mccoy the winningest qb in ncaa history is #1 overall, Tebow is straight garbage pass