X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Vacation Scenario

So when I was on that work trip last week. I made it a priority to watch both Sabres games. The Thursday game wasn't a big deal because nothing was going on that night but the saturday everyone was giving me crap because there all these different excersions to different beaches etc and I wouldn't go because I would have missed watching the game. People were astounded saying things like "We are on vacation" or "you wont get to do this all the time". I had already been to Trunk bay and Megan's bay the previous 2 days. Sports is my most favorite pastime, either playing or watching. It is what is fun for me to do.

Would you have gone on the beach hopping trip or watched the game?(keep in mind I was able to watch at a kickass beach bar where drinks were free)
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Vacation Scenario

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
    So when I was on that work trip last week. I made it a priority to watch both Sabres games. The Thursday game wasn't a big deal because nothing was going on that night but the saturday everyone was giving me crap because there all these different excersions to different beaches etc and I wouldn't go because I would have missed watching the game. People were astounded saying things like "We are on vacation" or "you wont get to do this all the time". I had already been to Trunk bay and Megan's bay the previous 2 days. Sports is my most favorite pastime, either playing or watching. It is what is fun for me to do.

Would you have gone on the beach hopping trip or watched the game?(keep in mind I was able to watch at a kickass beach bar where drinks were free)
    Beforehand, I'd have said watch the game... in hindsight, you did yourself a disservice.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

You absolutely did the right thing! Don't second-guess yourself!!! Its the first sign of becoming a loser.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I wasn't second guessing myself for even a millisecond. I wanted to see what others would have done so I could have judged them.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I watched a Pittsburgh Steelers/ Buffalo Bills preseason game from my ocean front room in Antigua. It was the first game in Toronto.

We planned the entire honeymoon around that game

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

How was Antigua by the way. That is where we are looking.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Watch the game.

Some people just don't understand what being a fan is about.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                Watch the game.

Some people just don't understand what being a fan is about.
                That is what I said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Regular season hockey game? Beach. There are 81 more.

Any football game or playoff hockey? Game. The beach ain't going anywhere.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Regular season hockey game? Beach. There are 81 more.

Any football game or playoff hockey? Game. The beach ain't going anywhere.
                    Yeah I am with you. Regular season I woudln't have had to see it.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

How was Antigua by the way. That is where we are looking.
                      Awesome. We did the all-inclusive Sandals with a butler. His name was Wendell

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

I watched the Bills vs the Pats on Monday Night, in Australia. I think the game was on at 9AM in the morning on Tuesday, I drank coffee and watched football.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          Awesome. We did the all-inclusive Sandals with a butler. His name was Wendell
                          That is what we are going to do but I don't think I want a butler. That is creepy.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

If someone getting you drinks, a sandwich, and setting up your spot at the crowded pool/beach with a fully stocked cooler is creepy- then call me "Phil"

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              If someone getting you drinks, a sandwich, and setting up your spot at the crowded pool/beach with a fully stocked cooler is creepy- then call me "Phil"
                              LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X