PDA

View Full Version : After looking at the schedule...

northernbillfan
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
...I see six wins at best.

It will probably be more like four, but with some luck the Bills could squeak out six victories.

:cheers: to another long season.

BlackMetalNinja
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
My optimistic side says 4-12... And I don't even need to know who they draft to re-evaluate, nobody they get is going to change the makeup of the team enough.

Don't Panic
04-21-2010, 03:02 PM
My optimistic side says 4-12... And I don't even need to know who they draft to re-evaluate, nobody they get is going to change the makeup of the team enough.

Not in one year... the best we can hope for is that the compete week in, week out.

ddaryl
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I saw that before the schedule was ever released

Iehoshua
04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
What a tweest!

trapezeus
04-21-2010, 03:07 PM
this year, now that jauron is gone, i can happily live with a crappy year. i just want to see a coach that is making the right calls even if he has bad talent.

The bills dug themselves a really ugly hole. To think Chan Gailey can come in here and fix it in a year is absurd. They gave the inmates the keys to the asylum for 4 solid years, and the 6 before that wasn't really run by the best of breed to begin with.

It's going to be hard to be disappointed in this team next year. i just want to see:
1. a mildly entertaining game.
2. a team that is slowly getting it
3. rookies from 2009 showing that they're getting better and dependable
4. rookies from 2010 showing that they were the right decision.

if we get 4 wins or less, i'll be happier, because it means the team gets a crack at a top 5 pick for a change, and if there is a lockout, they'll get the top 5 pick again in the following draft. Not bad.

northernbillfan
04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
It's going to be hard to be disappointed in this teamWell said.

TonyIncredible
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm still sticking to my guns 9-7

VS. MIAMI – W
VS. NEW YORK JETS –L<sup></sup>
VS. JACKSONVILLE – W
VS. CHICAGO – W
VS. DETROIT –W
VS. PITTSBURGH – L
VS. CLEVELAND – W
VS. NEW ENGLAND - W
AT GREEN BAY – L
AT NEW ENGLAND - L
AT BALTIMORE – L
AT KANSAS CITY – W

AT CINCINNATI – W

AT MINNESOTA – L
AT NEW YORK JETS - W
AT MIAMI – L

Nighthawk
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM

It will probably be more like four, but with some luck the Bills could squeak out six victories.

:cheers: to another long season.

I see exactly ZERO...because that's how many games they've played. Way too early to be saying how they'll do.

Historian
04-21-2010, 10:30 PM
3-13

TacklingDummy
04-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Take off your homer glasses.

justasportsfan
04-21-2010, 10:33 PM

i agree. We will sweep the AFCE :up:

psubills62
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
this year, now that jauron is gone, i can happily live with a crappy year. i just want to see a coach that is making the right calls even if he has bad talent.

The bills dug themselves a really ugly hole. To think Chan Gailey can come in here and fix it in a year is absurd. They gave the inmates the keys to the asylum for 4 solid years, and the 6 before that wasn't really run by the best of breed to begin with.

It's going to be hard to be disappointed in this team next year. i just want to see:
1. a mildly entertaining game.
2. a team that is slowly getting it
3. rookies from 2009 showing that they're getting better and dependable
4. rookies from 2010 showing that they were the right decision.

if we get 4 wins or less, i'll be happier, because it means the team gets a crack at a top 5 pick for a change, and if there is a lockout, they'll get the top 5 pick again in the following draft. Not bad.

That bolded part is exactly how I feel. Just having Jauron gone makes it feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.

I'd MUCH, much rather watch an untalented team stumble through a 16 game season as long as I felt the team was progressing year to year. Every year it was the same thing, just randomly different players under Jauron. 20+ players on IR, beats bad teams and loses to good teams, etc. I would personally also like to see:
1) talent - guys like Byrd who just make this team immensely better in at least one aspect of the game (like if we drafted an OLB that got 10-12 sacks this season)
2) an offensive identity
3) an aggressive defense

I agree with your whole post. Well said.

jamze132
04-22-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm with Trapezeus. I'm shooting for a top 5 pick and a lockout!

But, seriously, I expect 2-4 wins this year. My expectations are at an all-time low but my moral is getting higher knowing that Dick is gone.

northernbillfan
04-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Take off your homer glasses.I said realistically I see four and they may be able to squeak out another couple with luck.

jamze132
04-22-2010, 07:50 AM
NBF, you do know that if by the miracle of Disney this team has a playoff shot, we are going to look like serious *******s. :rofl:

TMu11
04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Not in one year... the best we can hope for is that the compete week in, week out.
So you're hoping they compete week in and out, yet you Fearlessly predict in your signature that they will make the playoffs?

northernbillfan
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
NBF, you do know that if by the miracle of Disney this team has a playoff shot, we are going to look like serious *******s. :rofl:Serious *******s yes, but if that miracle does happen, we can feel better about it than those who are anticipating a post season appearance. Those people will feel sadder with a 4-12 season than we will.

jamze132
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Serious *******s yes, but if that miracle does happen, we can feel better about it than those who are anticipating a post season appearance. Those people will feel sadder with a 4-12 season than we will.
:hi5:

Don't Panic
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM
So you're hoping they compete week in and out, yet you Fearlessly predict in your signature that they will make the playoffs?

Yeah... you see, rather than be realistic sometimes and a suicidal depressant at others, I choose to be realistic sometimes and endlessly hopeful at others. Call me crazy, but it just seems like a better way to look at the world.

The playoff thing was a bit tongue in cheek... I felt obligated to at least predict it.

TacklingDummy
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I said realistically I see four and they may be able to squeak out another couple with luck.
Still wearing homer glasses.

northernbillfan
04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah... you see, rather than be realistic sometimes and a suicidal depressant at others, I choose to be realistic sometimes and endlessly hopeful at others. Call me crazy, but it just seems like a better way to look at the world.

The playoff thing was a bit tongue in cheek... I felt obligated to at least predict it.You don't have to be suicidal if you set realistic expectations to the season. Thinking they aren't going to make the playoffs and hoping for some improvements in all aspects of the product we have witnessed over the past several years will lessen your suicidal tendancies.

The last buffalo fan
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Bienvenidos a Mexico ........... Bills de Buffalo?