PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bills will stay at the Bottom of the Barrell

soapman
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/21/bills-say-no-to-roethlisberger-too/

Arguably a top 5 QB, still very young, not even in his prime. In a rebuilding year, why not give up #9 and be able to start next year as a contender with probably a top 10 pick again and a franchise QB. Way to watch everybody else get better around us....

lordofgun
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
agreed.

Novacane
04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
The Steelers are one of the top organizations in the league and they are trying to get rid of him. If they don't want him I don't want him.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
The Steelers are one of the top organizations in the league and they are trying to get rid of him. If they don't want him I don't want him.

That is an excellent point.

lordofgun
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
They weren't one of the top organizatins until they drafted Ben. Then they won two SBs.

BidsJr
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
They weren't one of the top organizatins until they drafted Ben. Then they won two SBs.

lol

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

Night Train
04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
His work ethic aside from the off-season stuff has reportedly went downhill since the last SB win. That's been reported several times by the Pittsburgh press in the last year.

Seems the only real drive he has is sexual.

I'm sure the Bills talked it over with Nix's new asst. GM Wailey, who knew Ben Rapist well.

Sorry but I agree with the Bills taking a pass on this mess.

lordofgun
04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, I'm aware of what they did in the 70's. :rolleyes:

billz83
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
The bills pass on everyone because they are just too ****** cheap! this is all due to wilson the cheapest owner in the NFL..ya lets be 40 million under the ****** cap for last year..and this year there is NO CAP and yet he STILL WONT SPEND to make this team better..worst owner in history!

ddaryl
04-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Lets just stick with the plan. Rebuild thorugh the draft and do it right.

Name the last QB the Bills traded for that led us anywhere ???

BidsJr
04-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, I'm aware of what they did in the 70's. :rolleyes:

10 years before Ben they went 115-76 .602 win%

With Ben, 65-31 .677%

They didn't exactly suck, but thanks for playing.

lordofgun
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Where did I say they sucked? How many super bowls did they win in those 10 years, genius?

BidsJr
04-21-2010, 03:15 PM

Yes they were dufus.

HAMMER
04-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Cat Fight!

lordofgun
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
If not winning a SB makes them a top organization, then you're right. But you're not.

BidsJr
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Cat Fight!

I mean seriously, how someone can say with a straight face that the Steelers haven't been a "top organization" for 20+ years is beyond me.

Oh and those 115 wins the ten years before Big Rape were coming from the likes of Tommy Maddux, Kordell Stewart and Bubby Brister lol.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Yes they were dufus.
NO THEY WEREN'T DING DONG!!!!!

Buffalogic
04-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I been saying it all along. Trade for Ben.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I mean seriously, how someone can say with a straight face that the Steelers haven't been a "top organization" for 20+ years is beyond me.

Oh and those 115 wins the ten years before Big Rape were coming from the likes of Tommy Maddux, Kordell Stewart and Bubby Brister lol.
THEY SUCKED ASS.

BidsJr
04-21-2010, 03:24 PM
NO THEY WEREN'T DING DONG!!!!!

Mr Clean, stay on the sidelines.

BidsJr
04-21-2010, 03:26 PM
THEY SUCKED ASS.

Caps lock broken? Here ya go.... http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-PS2-felixable-foldable-washable-keyboard-laptop-pc-/120559812640?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1c11ecc020#ht_4474wt_1181

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Caps lock broken? Here ya go.... http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-PS2-felixable-foldable-washable-keyboard-laptop-pc-/120559812640?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1c11ecc020#ht_4474wt_1181
thanks! :hi5:

DrGraves
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
booo hooo i don't want an all pro qb..... i want rob johnson, kelly holcomb, jp losman, fitz, brohm, todd collins, alex van pelt, bledsoe, trent!!!!!!

give me a break. hes a top 5 qb in the league.... qb is our biggest problem... take him, have your first good qb since jim kelly, and get ready to be awesome in 2011

Typ0
04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Ben is going to be sitting on the bench for almost 40% of next season. He's one event (or other person stepping up) for getting an entire season suspension. Who would want to build a team around the guy? You could ignore that he's a scum bag but you could never ignore the risk involved being so much greater than just having an injury.

ddaryl
04-21-2010, 03:44 PM
booo hooo i don't want an all pro qb..... i want rob johnson, kelly holcomb, jp losman, fitz, brohm, todd collins, alex van pelt, bledsoe, trent!!!!!!

give me a break. hes a top 5 qb in the league.... qb is our biggest problem... take him, have your first good qb since jim kelly, and get ready to be awesome in 2011

again... what happens when he is suspended or has another altercation... Then who will be boo ****ing hoo-ing

what happens when we trade for him, then in a year or 2 he holds out and demands a trade because he doesn't want to play for Buffalo....

why doesn't Whaley want to bring in Big Ben. He was part of Pittsburgh's FO. Does this not make you wonder some ?

When was the last time we brought in a high profile player via FA or draft that actually had the impact we hoped for ?

How about we just stick with a real plan this time !

Bill Cody
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/21/bills-say-no-to-roethlisberger-too/

Arguably a top 5 QB, still very young, not even in his prime. In a rebuilding year, why not give up #9 and be able to start next year as a contender with probably a top 10 pick again and a franchise QB. Way to watch everybody else get better around us....

The Steelers are NOT in the business of randomly cutting their own throats. So the fact that they want this guy gone tells me that they know a lot more about Ben off the field than you/we do and we know he's been publicly linked to four women that he's had sexual consent issues with. So the real number might be 20, ok?

And so let me be clear I do not want this sleeze bag representing my team. Not now. Not ever. And apparently neither do the Steelers.

But someone will take him I am sure. But rest assured with a 6 game suspension pending and some bad PR that comes with him he will be moved for less than you think. No way in hell they get a top ten pick for him now.

Griff
04-21-2010, 06:00 PM
lol

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

he's talking about modern times, they didn't win a super bowl under the chin until they signed Ben.

lordofgun
04-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Griff, it sucks to have to state the obvious.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Doesn't anybody wonder why the Steelers appear to be willing to get rid of him? Are they suddenly stupid?

YardRat
04-21-2010, 09:54 PM
If Ben relocates, the over/under is four months for another accusation to surface.

All that new pussy in a new city will just be too tempting.

TacklingDummy
04-21-2010, 10:29 PM
If not winning a SB makes them a top organization, then you're right. But you're not.
The Bills must have been a top organization during that period too because they didn't win any Super Bowls either.

Mad Max
04-22-2010, 02:57 AM
I wouldn't want him here for many reasons not the least of which are
- he's got two rings. Does he got any mojo left for a third with us?
- we don't exactly have the best luck with QBs not named Kelly that cost us a first round pick
- we're not a QB and just one or two other players away
- I want the ring we win brought to us by a homegrown guy not a merc
- let's give the hillbilly a chance tomake his mark without geriatrics and skeletors hindering him.

justasportsfan
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
It's funny how PItts fans are ready to part with Ben because they're not hungry for SB rings.

In the meantime, desperate fans like bills fans will take Bin Laden if it meant winning a sb.

billz83
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
The bills will stay at the bottom of the barrel as long as people like ralph wilson have a say in ANYTHING to do with football.. For all the haters of Roethlisberger im sure all of u are MODEL citizens to criticize sumone for bangin sum hoez in the bathroom of a bar or club..if Roethlisberger gets another strike and hes on the bills whatz going to happen the bills are going to suck like they have for the past decade?! only good can come with him coming to buffalo..we would finally start WINNING! and for the bin ladin comment do u even KNOW he worked for the CIA and we are the ones that trained him?!

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 12:26 PM
.. For all the haters of Roethlisberger im sure all of u are MODEL citizens to criticize sumone for bangin sum hoez in the bathroom of a bar or club..if Roethlisberger gets another strike and hes on the bills whatz going to happen the bills are going to suck like they have for the past decade?! only good can come with him coming to buffalo..we would finally start WINNING! and for the bin ladin comment do u even KNOW he worked for the CIA and we are the ones that trained him?!

I don't have multiple accusations against me for anything, and I'm not facing a suspension. I am mouch more a model citizen then Ben is.

I don't think Ben would even want to be here, and any trade we made for him would be met with him eventually holding out demanding a trade from Buffalo if he doesn't get arrested 1st.

Is he a solid QB... sure but he is useless if he is suspended or just hates the organization/town it becomes a worthless acqusition

billz83
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't have multiple accusations against me for anything, and I'm not facing a suspension. I am mouch more a model citizen then Ben is.

I don't think Ben would even want to be here, and any trade we made for him would be met with him eventually holding out demanding a trade from Buffalo if he doesn't get arrested 1st.

Is he a solid QB... sure but he is useless if he is suspended or just hates the organization/town it becomes a worthless acqusition

I agree to sum extent..i definitely agree about him probably not wanting to play for the Bills..nobody GOOD wants to play for us and its DEFINITELY not because of the fans! i think old man WILSON and company have sumthing to do with the overall hate for playing here..the way good players are treated here is PATHETIC! And ur right about if he gets suspended again he would be useless but thas y u make the picks conditional..Either way this team is DESPERATE for a GOOD QB..and whats the worst that can happen we have to end up going with captain checkdown..thas this organizations plans anyway.

Griff
04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Ben's a jackass but he's a skilled jackass, I would happily keep Lynch if his skill made up for his jackassery.

msfdurango
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
The Steelers are NOT in the business of randomly cutting their own throats. So the fact that they want this guy gone tells me that they know a lot more about Ben off the field than you/we do and we know he's been publicly linked to four women that he's had sexual consent issues with. So the real number might be 20, ok?

And so let me be clear I do not want this sleeze bag representing my team. Not now. Not ever. And apparently neither do the Steelers.

But someone will take him I am sure. But rest assured with a 6 game suspension pending and some bad PR that comes with him he will be moved for less than you think. No way in hell they get a top ten pick for him now.I agree, we already have one to many thugs on this team.