PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix on WEDG FM

T-Long
04-21-2010, 04:21 PM
* Discussing everything even at this minute

* Interested in 3 or 4 positions that they would take any one player in those positions

* No idea about Big Ben until just minutes before this interview. Flat out rumor

* One board they go off of (cross board) positions ranked in order, then across in the rounds they think they will go in

* Guy good enough to be a #9 pick and a position of need, then they go after him. If there is not one at a need position with a 9 value, then go with the best player no matter where he plays

* Draft board is locked into room and there is only 3 keys

* Gotta keep other GM's guessing on what they wanna do

* Didn't care that Eli said he didn't want to go to SD, and drafted him anyway.

* Can't be knee-jerked trying to impress people with moves

* Looking for 9 great football players with their 9 picks

* On trading down: Very interested in trading down. Will only do it if they feel like they can land a guy they want at whatever pick was offered

* There will be a guy in the draft room who in running mock drafts

* Buddy is the one who pulls the trigger, but doesn't take the phone call

* Respects Mel Kiper, but Mel "don't draft for the Bills." He does watch ESPN between picks for entertainment, but doesn't care about Kiper's opinion.

* Guarantees the Bills will be a better team come Saturday night at midnight.

patmoran2006
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
"I been in a meeting and trying to take care of our business. Nobody talked to me and I’d assured you that nobody has talked to anyone in this building. You can put an end to that rumor."- Buddy Nix comment moments ago regarding Big Ben.

Yasgur's Farm
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Guarantees the Bills will be a better team come Saturday night at midnight. :posrep: 1st time in years that I feel the Bills are in capable hands... Time to shake the joke image!

patmoran2006
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM
The only thing he said that any relevence whatsoever is that he denied not having any interest in Big Ben, as has been reported--- and he also denied even talking to Pittsburgh at all for that matter, or anyone else in the building.

Personally, I think he's full of ****.

SquishDaFish
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I agree this is the 1st time Ive felt good about our GM. :clap:

T-Long
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
The only thing he said that any relevence whatsoever is that he denied not having any interest in Big Ben, as has been reported--- and he also denied even talking to Pittsburgh at all for that matter, or anyone else in the building.

Personally, I think he's full of ****.
What's funny is that after he said that, he was asked if he is careful about everything him and his staff say at this point and said "You better believe it."

Haha I wished they would have then said, well then what you just said about Ben was complete B.S. then right??

Scumbag College
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
:posrep: 1st time in years that I feel the Bills are in capable hands... Time to shake the joke image!

I agree. Landing D. Edwards was a big shot of confidence for me in the Bills new front office. I really am excited about tomorrow and Friday and think we'll finally see some real "rebuilding" and hopefully within 2-3 years we'll have a winning team on the field.

DraftBoy
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Doubtful Nix took the call, so I doubt he's lying.

Pitts GM probably called Whaley since he is a former Steeler himself. That would be the guy to go to for Pitt not Nix.

alohabillsfan
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM

* Interested in 3 or 4 positions that they would take any one player in those positions

* No idea about Big Ben until just minutes before this interview. Flat out rumor

* One board they go off of (cross board) positions ranked in order, then across in the rounds they think they will go in

* Guy good enough to be a #9 pick and a position of need, then they go after him. If there is not one at a need position with a 9 value, then go with the best player no matter where he plays

* On trading down: Very interested in trading down. Will only do it if they feel like they can land a guy they want at whatever pick was offered

* Respects Mel Kiper, but Mel "don't draft for the Bills." He does watch ESPN between picks for entertainment, but doesn't care about Kiper's opinion.

Lets see (1) QB, LT, NT, OLB
(2) LOVE that comment!
(3) Would like to see them move down and get some more picks!

DraftBoy
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Lets see (1) QB, LT, NT, OLB
(2) LOVE that comment!
(3) Would like to see them move down and get some more picks!

Complete agreement on all three points! :up:

patmoran2006
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Doubtful Nix took the call, so I doubt he's lying.

Pitts GM probably called Whaley since he is a former Steeler himself. That would be the guy to go to for Pitt not Nix.

He didn't just say he didnt get a call. He also denied that ANYBODY talked to the Steelers.

patmoran2006
04-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Regardless, the Buffalo Bills won't be in on Big Ben.

Let's get back to the draft.

Lexwhat
04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
According to Jason La Canfora:

The Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) also pick in the top 10 and need a quarterback, but they don't appear interested in Roethlisberger at this time. Doug Whaley, a former executive in Pittsburgh, moved to Buffalo this offseason to work with general manager Buddy Nix, but the Steelers don't expect him to recommend Roethlisberger to his new team because he would harbor some of the same reservations that they do.

JJamezz
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
http://rope.wedg-fm.fimc.net/SnRpodcasts/042110hour3-1.mp3

billz83
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
So Nix guarantees the Bills will be a better team come saturday night?! we'll see and what is all this BS talk of being good in 2-3 years?!?! only in buffalo does it take 2-3 years OVER AND OVER AGAIN..every 2-3 years we hear ohh itz gonna take another 2-3 years! INCOMPETENCE at itz FINEST!

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree this is the 1st time Ive felt good about our GM. :clap:
Me too. No wishy-washy answers, no media talk BS. He tells it the way it is and instills a lot of confidence in us.

:up:

ddaryl
04-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Nix talks the talk

starting tomorrow we'll know for sure if he walks the walks

BUT i am happy with this interview, it backs up my mind set on how we should apporach this draft.

Ebenezer
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Personally, I don't think he said a thing and I think most of us could have answered the questions the same way.

JCBills
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Hell yes, been hoping for this. They should be getting calls from several teams in the 15-21 range.

JCBills
04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Nix talks the talk

starting tomorrow we'll know for sure if he walks the walks

BUT i am happy with this interview, it backs up my mind set on how we should apporach this draft.

I think looking at SD's drafting since Nix was on board with them, he walks the walk.

EDS
04-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I think looking at SD's drafting since Nix was on board with them, he walks the walk.

He wasn't calling the shots in SD. Easy to look good when there is a good GM making the final call.

Nighthawk
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
He wasn't calling the shots in SD. Easy to look good when there is a good GM making the final call.

I agree. Before we go anointing him a great GM and this and that...why don't we wait to see what he does in his first draft making the calls?

zone
04-21-2010, 07:20 PM

Looks like he was calling the shots in SD to me.

Lexwhat
04-21-2010, 07:31 PM

I disagree with this post.

The jury is still out on Buddy Nix, and whether he will be a good General Manager. No one knows for sure how much input and power he had in San Diego. However, he has put in a lot of work in this league.

By your logic, how does anyone in this league work themselves to the top? For example, wasn't Sean Payton once just a QBs Coach?

Just because someone is "under" someone else, doesn't mean they don't have the talent and knowledge to succeed in a more expanded role.

Turf
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Half of the people in this thread could have done better than the past front office. I think Buddy has what it takes to build a winner. We shall see.

psubills62
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Honestly, I think our best shot at trading down would be for Eric Berry to drop to #9. Considering Jacksonville could really use him, I could see several teams in the late teens or 20's wanting to grab Berry.

That being said, I don't think Berry will fall to us. If the top 3 OT's are off the board, I really hope we can trade down.

JCBills
04-21-2010, 09:41 PM

It's no coincidence that when Nix joined the Chargers their drafting turned right around. The Chargers were a joke, now they're steady contenders because they were built through the draft. It's also no coincidence that in Nix's first year with us we had our best draft in a long time.

The Spaz
04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I think we are fixin' to get a good player...lol

jamze132
04-22-2010, 02:49 AM
Of course we will be a better team come Saturday night. Even if we traded 8 picks for a box of donuts and drafted a LT in RD7, he would be an improvement over D. Bell.

Mercy
04-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Half of the people in this thread could have done better than the past front office. I think Buddy has what it takes to build a winner. We shall see.I think we can do better than the current one.

Oaf
04-24-2010, 01:17 AM
I think we can do better than the current one.
I respectfully disagree.