27. Dallas-WR Demayrius Thomas
28. San Diego-RB Ryan Matthews
29. New York Jets-DT Terrance Cody
30. Minnesota-QB Jimmy Clausen
31. Indianapolis-CB Devin McCourtney
32. New Orleans-LB Daryl Washington

psubills62
04-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I agree - I think the pick will be Bulaga. Pouncey is rising pretty fast, huh?

Come on, you lazy bum - where's the other 6 rounds??? Haha just kidding. Nice job. I'll go ahead and record it and grade you along with the rest of the analysts.

P.S. Maybe someday you'll get his name right - isn't is Devin McCourty?

P.P.S. Your first 13 picks or so are eerily similar to Mel Kiper's (as I have them recorded)

P.P.P.S. It would really, really suck if New England got Jerry Hughes. And I mean really suck.

SABURZFAN
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!

no Mays in the 1st round. :bf1:

DraftBoy
04-21-2010, 11:24 PM

Come on, you lazy bum - where's the other 6 rounds??? Haha just kidding. Nice job. I'll go ahead and record it and grade you along with the rest of the analysts.

Im grading myself as well. How are you scoring it with regards to trades and such?

psubills62
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Im grading myself as well. How are you scoring it with regards to trades and such?

I haven't gotten a system down completely yet. Right now I'm still right where I was a year ago - tabulating points based on where a player went vs. where you had them going. For example, you have Clausen going at #30. If he actually is picked at #8 by the Raiders, you'd get 22 points because you were 22 spots off. The lower the score the better.

I'm going trying to factor in if someone gets the position correct, but the player wrong. Right now I'm just recording the mock drafts and I'll work on my grading system after the semester is over (my last two classes EVER are killing me right now).

As far as trades go...that's another thing I'll have to factor in. There's a lot of things I want to include, but I'm embarrassingly still at the base stages of what I hope will become a consistent and strong grading scale.

patmoran2006
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
The fun part is we'll know late tomorrow night how ya did.

To say "good job" or "terrible job" is ridiculous becuase its ******ed to conclude something that hasn't happened yet.

The only thing I think you're way off is Bryant going to Cleveland at 7.. I dont think that's even in the ballpark.

Nice effort my friend.. Thanks for bringing so much draft stuff here over the past several months.

YardRat
04-22-2010, 05:51 AM
I know there have been some transactions that will affect the choices, but I'm sticking with my DraftNasty list because I don't have time to properly tweak it...

1 St. Louis Rams -- Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma
2 Detroit Lions --Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
4 Washington Redskins -- Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State
5 Kansas City Chiefs -- Eric Berry S Tennessee
6 Seattle Seahawks -- Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
7 Cleveland Browns -- Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
8 Oakland Raiders -- Joe Haden CB Florida
9 Buffalo Bills -- Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
10 Jacksonville Jaguars -- Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
11 Denver Broncos(from Chicago) -- Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
12 Miami Dolphins -- Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
13 San Francisco 49ers -- Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
14 Seattle Seahawks(from Denver) -- C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
15 New York Giants -- Rolando McClain LB Alabama
16 Tennessee Titans -- Jason Pierre Paul DE South Florida
17 San Francisco 49ers(from Carolina) -- - Earl Thomas S Texas
18 Pittsburgh Steelers -- Mike Iupati, OG Idaho
19 Atlanta Falcons -- Sergio Kindle OLB/DE Texas
20 Houston Texans -- Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
21 Cincinnati Bengals -- Brian Price, DT, UCLA
22 New England Patriots -- Sean Witherspoon, LB,
23 Green Bay Packers -- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
24 Philadelphia Eagles -- Taylor Mays S USC
25 Baltimore Ravens -- Devin McCourty, CB Rutgers
26 Arizona Cardinals -- Daryl Washington OLB TCU
27 Dallas Cowboys -- Charles Brown OL USC
28 San Diego Chargers -- Dan Williams DT Tennessee
29 New York Jets -- Everson Griffen DE USC
30 Minnesota Vikings --Maurkice Pouncey, Florida, C/G
31 Indianapolis Colts -- Terrence Cody DT Alabama
32 New Orleans Saints -- Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

tampabay25690
04-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Nice job DB

I will be honest I was going to do a mock as well.

But I have no CLUE what is going to happen at all in the 1st round...
This will be the most interesting 1st round in Years. I see a lot of trades and i think 4 QB'S will be gone tonite. Where they are going I don't have a clue either....
It will be fun my friend

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 07:34 AM
The fun part is we'll know late tomorrow night how ya did.

To say "good job" or "terrible job" is ridiculous becuase its ******ed to conclude something that hasn't happened yet.

The only thing I think you're way off is Bryant going to Cleveland at 7.. I dont think that's even in the ballpark.

Nice effort my friend.. Thanks for bringing so much draft stuff here over the past several months.

I know you're not a fan of Bryant and I know what guys like Daniel Jeremiah are saying, but he's the hardest pick to mock and Cleveland is the hardest team because they could go in literally any direction.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I haven't gotten a system down completely yet. Right now I'm still right where I was a year ago - tabulating points based on where a player went vs. where you had them going. For example, you have Clausen going at #30. If he actually is picked at #8 by the Raiders, you'd get 22 points because you were 22 spots off. The lower the score the better.

I'm going trying to factor in if someone gets the position correct, but the player wrong. Right now I'm just recording the mock drafts and I'll work on my grading system after the semester is over (my last two classes EVER are killing me right now).

As far as trades go...that's another thing I'll have to factor in. There's a lot of things I want to include, but I'm embarrassingly still at the base stages of what I hope will become a consistent and strong grading scale.

Im using a 2 point system for each pick.

Basically for me it breaks down like this;
.5 point for getting the team right
.5 point for getting the position right
1 point for getting the player right

So for instance in my mock if the Bills were to trade down and a team like San Francisco took OT Bryan Bulaga at 9, Id get 1.5 points for that pick.

So yes trades do hurt you to some degree, but you can still get points off of perdicting guys to fall and such.

My system isn't perfect (or close to it) but its the best I could think of.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 07:38 AM

P.S. Maybe someday you'll get his name right - isn't is Devin McCourty?

P.P.S. Your first 13 picks or so are eerily similar to Mel Kiper's (as I have them recorded)

P.P.P.S. It would really, really suck if New England got Jerry Hughes. And I mean really suck

-I prefer my spelling

-He copied me

-I agree.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Great job Draftboy, going to be interesting to see where your guys go.

Novacane
04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
I hope you are right about #9.

THRILLHO
04-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Clausen falling to the bottom like that? That seems far!

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Clausen falling to the bottom like that? That seems far!

It is but if he gets past Buffalo at 9, the only team in the middle who could take him would be San Fran.

psubills62
04-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Im using a 2 point system for each pick.

Basically for me it breaks down like this;
.5 point for getting the team right
.5 point for getting the position right
1 point for getting the player right

So for instance in my mock if the Bills were to trade down and a team like San Francisco took OT Bryan Bulaga at 9, Id get 1.5 points for that pick.

So yes trades do hurt you to some degree, but you can still get points off of perdicting guys to fall and such.

My system isn't perfect (or close to it) but its the best I could think of.

That's a good system, as it's simple but gets the job done and can account for various things, such as trades.

THRILLHO
04-22-2010, 08:49 AM
It is but if he gets past Buffalo at 9, the only team in the middle who could take him would be San Fran.
Seattle is a candidate. Steelers are a very, very outside chance. But I see what you are saying.

Maybe Buffalo trades back into the first round for him? Just a thought....

madness
04-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Clausen falling to the bottom like he should be projected? That seems fair!

Fixed. :D

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Seattle is a candidate. Steelers are a very, very outside chance. But I see what you are saying.

Maybe Buffalo trades back into the first round for him? Just a thought....

Carroll did not go after Clausen hard out of HS, I dont know what he would of seen in Clausen (since USC destroyed him every year) to make him think now that he would be a good selection.

Forward_Lateral
04-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Claussen won't make it past 13.

Mahdi
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
The only thing making me NOT hate the Bulaga pick is that he is like a bull dog in the run game, once he locks on he never lets go. We need that. If he was only a good technician though I would not like it.

Forward_Lateral
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Bulaga is supposed to be a better pass blocker than he is run blocker.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 10:50 AM
The only thing making me NOT hate the Bulaga pick is that he is like a bull dog in the run game, once he locks on he never lets go. We need that. If he was only a good technician though I would not like it.

Are you saying Bulaga is not technically sound?

Mahdi
04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes. That is true. He is not overly powerful in the run game but he is impressive once he locks on to a defender in run blocking. He stays with his block and prevents the defender from recovering. He has the attitude of a good run blocker.

DraftBoy

He's very good at both in all honesty.

Forward_Lateral
I agree, but to give the allusion that he's not a good pass blocker is incorrect.

Mahdi
Are you saying Bulaga is not technically sound?
I said if he was ONLY a good technician, I wouldn't like the pick. However he has the added bonus of locking on to his blocks and staying with them throughout the play. Even some of the best OL don't do that.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I said if he was ONLY a good technician, I wouldn't like the pick. However he has the added bonus of locking on to his blocks. Even some of the best OL don't do that.

Gotcha, the wording confused me above.

Ive been saying it for weeks now, but he is a cornerstone style LT. He's not the flashiest or most athletic guy. But he has the ability to be a lock down franchise LT for the next decade.