PDA

View Full Version : Comeback?

Buffalogic
04-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Lets win the next 3 games. They can do it if they want too badly enough. I'm not ready for the season to end. :cry:

jamze132
04-22-2010, 05:17 AM
:rofl:

Darcy needs to bring in some enforcers this offseason.

RockStar36
04-22-2010, 06:40 AM
:rofl:

Darcy needs to bring in some enforcers this offseason.

Enforcers aren't the issue.

don137
04-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Vanek needs to come back and play great for this team to succeed. I like the effort they played in game 4 but Pominville and Connolly are truely useless. I know Stafford is useless but he always have been useless.
The refs helped Boston big time with the questionable call against McCormick and a garbage call against Kaleta yet an obvious trip against Ennis they swallow the whistle. Those penalties totally changed the momentum. Yes, Buffalo could of overcome it but that sucks the life out of you when officiating is one sided.
I liked how the Sabres shot the puck on net more. Unfortunately, the puck did not bounce their way. There were fat rebounds all night but they never bounced to a Sabres player, unlike Boston in game two where the puck always bounced to one of their sticks. If they keep that up the bounces will go their way.
I think they can make a comeback if they put the effort they did in game 4 the rest of the way, Vanek comes back and plays like he did before he was Paul Bunyoned and the officials are consistant.

Nighthawk
04-22-2010, 07:31 AM

They need to blow up the core of this team...that is the issue. They need to change the dynamics of this team and get bigger guys who have talent. More character is sorely needed to lead this team...not just from a leadership standpoint, but from a scoring standpoint also. Too many little ladies on this team.

jamze132
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Sure it is! We need some guys that have the balls to protect our little spider monkey's flying allover the ice. Opposing teams aren't afraid to slash or crosscheck our "stars" because we refuse to retaliate on their stars. I bet that **** would stop if we had some balls.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Sabres have never come back from down 3 - 1. Well, we lost two games after not losing all season being up going into the third, maybe we can snap that streak as well.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Sure it is! We need some guys that have the balls to protect our little spider monkey's flying allover the ice. Opposing teams aren't afraid to slash or crosscheck our "stars" because we refuse to retaliate on their stars. I bet that **** would stop if we had some balls.

What we need is for our "stars" to show some balls.

Historian
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
What we need is Boston to come in here and shut us out 10-0 tomorrow.

Maybe then someone in the front office will wake up!

Of course, if a Too Many Men on the Ice penalty in overtime didn't wake them up, my guess is nothing will.

:ill:

trapezeus
04-22-2010, 08:12 AM
the shots on net are fine, but they are from the wing with no one in front. there is nobody to whack in any rebounds.

They don't need enforcers, but they need bigger players who like to dig. we don't need a peters, but we do need a guy who is 62 and 200+ pounds that camps out infront of the net and loves getting slashed and hacked.

This team has the inspiration of a jauron led team. they will be finished by the 2nd period. but since this is buffalo and we can't just be put out of our misery quietly, they'll win friday and lose in boston so we can listen to that suckhole of a city enjoy going to the second round.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
That is exactly what Vanek does. Gaustad can do it too, but he doesn't have a lot of touch around the net.

Nighthawk
04-22-2010, 08:23 AM
That is exactly what Vanek does. Gaustad can do it too, but he doesn't have a lot of touch around the net.

Vanek is not consistent and does not always work hard. I believe if you actually got rid of Roy or Connolly or Pominville and brought in an offensive player with an edge to play with Vanek, then his play would improve. He plays soft too and that is frustrating.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Vanek is not consistent and does not always work hard. I believe if you actually got rid of Roy or Connolly or Pominville and brought in an offensive player with an edge to play with Vanek, then his play would improve. He plays soft too and that is frustrating.

He is always in front of the net getting the crap beat out of him to try and get a goal. That's hard enough for me.

trapezeus
04-22-2010, 08:33 AM
i like roy as a playmaker. he skates for the most part. Pominville can go. connolly can go. his injury is obviously much bigger than we think. he is reaching for every puck, so slow, no hands. i can't think he lost all his skill in a few weeks. But truth is, he's never been made for playoff hockey. he had some moments, but at his age and his injury problems, its never going to get better.

healthy scratch him.

rbochan
04-22-2010, 08:39 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/ginsoak/8ec45900.jpg

G Wolly
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
New coach?

Buffalogic
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Oh ya! 2 more wins! It's gonna happen!