PDA

View Full Version : Come On Bills - OL & D Front 7

Night Train
04-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Let most of the picks be there. Let's copy winning organizations.

In Nix I trust.

jamze132
04-22-2010, 05:13 AM
As long as we get Spiller and Tebow!

YardRat
04-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Draft big early...

JCBills
04-22-2010, 05:50 AM

...that really wouldn't make us much better, two luxury picks for us IMO.

Night Train
04-22-2010, 05:56 AM

They have antibiotics for those ills.

BillsMan80
04-22-2010, 06:03 AM

Whether it's a luxury pick or not, Spiller at 9 is a better value than a Bulaga or Dan Williams at 9. For christ sakes, it's what has gotten this team in trouble for the last 10 years, reaching to fill a need and taking a player who can't live up to his draft status, than taking the guy who is worth the 9 spot.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Whether it's a luxury pick or not, Spiller at 9 is a better value than a Bulaga or Dan Williams at 9. For christ sakes, it's what has gotten this team in trouble for the last 10 years, reaching to fill a need and taking a player who can't live up to his draft status, than taking the guy who is worth the 9 spot.

What got this team in trouble is the ignoring of the OL and D front 7 and trying to get cute with picks like Mcgahee and Whitner

and then when we did draft OL or DL we would end up making the wrong move in Flowers McCargo and Williams

Spiler makes wonderful trade bait though, and I wold love to move down in this draft if a coveted player does not slip to #9

Night Train
04-22-2010, 06:10 AM
The Bills need another off-season to fill all the needs.

Pointing out what we failed to address this weekend WILL be easy. It doesn't mean that Nix & Co. didn't do their best.

That's a result of not having 15 picks and basically screwing up the previous drafts from 2000-2008.

I'm rooting for OL/DL Front 7 because thats where this draft seems to have quality depth.

In short, I just hope any player selected tonight or Friday can help us right away.

BillsMan80
04-22-2010, 06:19 AM
What got this team in trouble is the ignoring of the OL and D front 7 and trying to get cute with picks like Mcgahee and Whitner

and then when we did draft OL or DL we would end up making the wrong move in Flowers McCargo and Williams

Spiler makes wonderful trade bait though, and I wold love to move down in this draft if a coveted player does not slip to #9

If they are the right guy in those positions sure like Okung, Williams, Suh, McCoy, but that won't be the case, and then it makes sense to grab your best player available, and come back in later rounds with the linemen when the value and depth is really there.

tampabay25690
04-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Sure they would.... They put points on the board and you need to score to win...

Jan Reimers
04-22-2010, 06:55 AM
We need to stop drafting like Donahoe, taking every bright and shiny object, and get back to basics. We need big linemen, or all the glamor guys will do us no good at all.

tampabay25690
04-22-2010, 07:00 AM
We need to stop drafting like Donahoe, taking every bright and shiny object, and get back to basics. We need big linemen, or all the glamor guys will do us no good at all.

I agree this team needs alot.
Big men and guys that know how to get in the endzone...
Lets see who is there at #9 then we go from there

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 07:25 AM
If they are the right guy in those positions sure like Okung, Williams, Suh, McCoy, but that won't be the case, and then it makes sense to grab your best player available, and come back in later rounds with the linemen when the value and depth is really there.

still don't see it happening. We'll trade back before we take Spiller

jamze132
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Well ****, we aren't sniffing the playoffs this season anyway so what's the problem?

Philagape
04-22-2010, 08:00 AM
The problem with Donahoe was NOT that he drafted the wrong positions, it's that he drafted the wrong players. That's the problem with any failing team.
If a player is so dependent on teammates to do well, then the problem is the player. A great player -- at ANY position -- makes his teammates look better.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2010, 08:04 AM

the bills have drafted for oline and dline, the problem is they havent taken the best player available... they took mike williams instead of bryant mckinnie. they took mccargo instead of nick mangold... taking maybin which im still holding out on, instead of orakpo... the problem is they havent taken the bpa, instead they have gone against the norm and sometimes drafted just for need....

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
if spiller and tebow are at the top of their board , they need to take them, not settle for anthony davis and then draft someone like lefevour... take the best player!

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Well ****, we aren't sniffing the playoffs this season anyway so what's the problem?

we should build the OL and D front 7 then we can start adding skill positions and sigining top FA's. Once you get the core on the trenches and LB's set you then have to maintain them at a high level

because we have failed ot do this with any consistency for OVER a decade is the main reason why we're starring at 11 years without a playpoff appearance.

tampabay25690
04-22-2010, 08:08 AM
DL and OL are the deepest in this class why take the 4th best OT and #9?
When you can have the 4th best player in the draft and the #1 RB in the draft like SPILLER?

I understand the thinking of everyone, and to be honest I have no clue what the hell the Bills will do. I think they will surprise the hell out of all of us and do something we don't expect. Maybe Baluga is there at #9 then Im happy with that....

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 08:18 AM
DL and OL are the deepest in this class why take the 4th best OT and #9?
When you can have the 4th best player in the draft and the #1 RB in the draft like SPILLER?

I understand the thinking of everyone, and to be honest I have no clue what the hell the Bills will do. I think they will surprise the hell out of all of us and do something we don't expect. Maybe Baluga is there at #9 then Im happy with that....

Then we trade back for more picks and have some extra ammunition to take a chance on a guy like Tebow maybe ??? and still have the ammunition to fill the need positions

psubills62
04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I think Spiller is a pick that Nix and co. can afford to make in this draft, but not Tebow. This draft is deep with OLB's and OT's, and there are NT's that we could find in rounds 2-4.

Historian
04-22-2010, 09:15 AM
They have antibiotics for those Bills.

fixed.

Historian
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
The problem with Donahoe was NOT that he drafted the wrong positions, it's that he drafted the wrong players.

Not to mention his idea of "best player on the board" was a guy wh's knee was bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction....

billz83
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM

Exactly y do the bills reach dramatically in the draft??!? Picking draft busts and players that need time to develop with a top 15 round 1 pick?! Hopefully Nix puts an end to all that nonsense! we NEED to fix this OLINE and stop ignoring it like we have for the past decade! The Dline as well! It all starts with the LINES..winning organizations realize this!

alohabillsfan
04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I am a huge fan of shoring up the lines. With that said I dont believe we have the QB of the future on this team. QB is the most important position on the freaking team. Yes, the QB we pick may not play this year, but if we dont pick a QB this year we wll draft one next year that may or may not be ready to play. Not sure which one we take but we will have one very soon.