• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

IMO: Eagles the most likely trade down scenario

I don't see a trade up happening. It just doesn't seem to vibe with what we've heard from Nix and Co. A trade down does though, especially if their man isn't there. If Berry slips to #9, I could see the Eagles drooling to get up. Here's some ammo for that:

I'll say first that if he doesn't, it increases the chances of one of the top 3 OTs sliding to us, which would be fine with me. But if he does, they could look to package #24 and #37 and maybe a 6th to move up to #9 and get him. We would then have three guys between #24 and #41, which is a healthy bunch in this draft. I'll let you ponder the possibilities, but I could see LT, DT and OLB getting knocked off the need list pretty quickly if that were the case. Given the choice between this direction and the one Pat mentioned in another thread (Spiller/Tebow), I'd take this one.
    Last edited by Don't Panic; 04-22-2010, 07:03 AM.
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: IMO: Eagles the most likely trade down scenario

Originally posted by Don't Panic
    I don't see a trade up happening. It just doesn't seem to vibe with what we've heard from Nix and Co. A trade down does though, especially if their man isn't there. If Berry slips to #9, I could see the Eagles drooling to get up. Here's some ammo for that:

I'll say first that if he doesn't, it increases the chances of one of the top 3 OTs sliding to us, which would be fine with me. But if he does, they could look to package #24 and #37 and maybe a 6th to move up to #9 and get him. We would then have three guys between #24 and #41, which is a healthy bunch in this draft. I'll let you ponder the possibilities, but I could see LT, DT and OLB getting knocked off the need list pretty quickly if that were the case. Given the choice between this direction and the one Pat mentioned in another thread (Spiller/Tebow), I'd take this one.
    Berry will not be around at #10.
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i wouldn't mind trading with the Eagles. the Bills can use all the draft picks they can get.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
        Berry will not be around at #10.
        He doesn't have to be around at #10, but I get the point. KC and Cleveland are the likely destinations. If KC goes Bulaga (or swings a deal with SF) and Cleveland decides against him (or convinces Pit to part with Big Ben), then I think he's definitely there at #9.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I think there will be a 3 -4 trade down opportunities, and it will be a matter of which one makes the most sense

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

He doesn't have to be around at #10, but I get the point. KC and Cleveland are the likely destinations. If KC goes Bulaga (or swings a deal with SF) and Cleveland decides against him (or convinces Pit to part with Big Ben), then I think he's definitely there at #9.
            possibly I think KC takes BERRY they need secondary help bad.
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690
              possibly I think KC takes BERRY they need secondary help bad.

that may be so but if they get their LT at #5, they start him, move Albert to LG, and the guy playing LG (forgot his name) moves to C. they can look at Nate Allen in the 2nd Round for S help.
              Last edited by SABURZFAN; 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                that may be so but if they get their LT at #5, they start him, move Albert to LG, and the guy playing LG (forgot his name) moves to C. they can look at Nate Allen in the 2nd Round for S help.
                "So you're telling me there's a chance..."

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

I was just watching sportscenter and they were talking about how Andy Reid has a history of getting his eye on someone, getting antsy, and moving up to get that player. They did this with Jerome McDougle a while back, and did it with Shawn Andrews.

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

I think Bills package Lynch to San Diego to get #28 and select Tebow there.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I think the Giants at 15 is the best trade down scenario possibility.

And if the Bills want Tebow in late first, I think they have to get ahead of Minny at 30.. So SD at 28 makes sense.

Maybe Give them Lynch and swap 28 for 41 ( I want Lynch gone THAT bad).. maybe make SD throw in the ever popular 5th rounder)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        I think the Giants at 15 is the best trade down scenario possibility.

And if the Bills want Tebow in late first, I think they have to get ahead of Minny at 30.. So SD at 28 makes sense.

Maybe Give them Lynch and swap 28 for 41 ( I want Lynch gone THAT bad).. maybe make SD throw in the ever popular 5th rounder)

I could even see a double trade back. Once to the Ginats and one more time from there...

but that's hard to predict... I just wouldn't be surprised if we did do this. Once we determine the a top 5 player doesn't fall to us I think those players at the same postions we are targetting are pretty equally rated and can be had in the late 1st early 2nd rd

Comment

Working...
                        X