PDA

View Full Version : The word in Pittsburgh

ghz in pittsburgh
04-22-2010, 07:06 AM
is that the talk with the Raiders were dead late last night.

I'm still in the camp that the Steelers don't really want to trade Ben, though I'm surprised that the Steeler nation here, on various polls showed an overwhelming majority not objecting to the idea of trading him away, NOW.

The gauge of insterest and price for Ben is set by the Raiders - top player in your team plus a top ten pick. In Raiders' case, it's their CB whose name I can't pronounce nor spell + their 8th overall pick.

If you project that trade option to the Bills, I see our 9th overall pick + Baird + another pick or an established CB.

don137
04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
I know Big Ben has won the super bowl but due to his character issues I agree with Oakland and would not give up the best cover corner in the game and a top 10 pick. The guy is pond scum.

HHURRICANE
04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Our best player is probably not good enough for a trade. Who would that be? Evans?

casdhf
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Moorman

HHURRICANE
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Moorman

Funny but true!!

Historian
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd give them Fitzpatrick, Lynch, Hardy, our 6th this year, and Nix's Granddaughter for BR.

Sort of a "spring cleaning" type trade.

:snicker:

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Ben and the Raiders = a perfect match

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Pittsburgh doesn't really want to trade Big Ben, but they have to make a show out of it because they traded away Santonio Holmes for his incidents and they can't show preferential treatment to the white quarterback.

If they "shop him around" and "found no takers" they're off the hook.

billz83
04-22-2010, 12:30 PM
id give the steelers all 3 of our Qbz and our #9 pick for Roethlisberger..im just bein real..the bills need to start thinking FOOTBALL and forget about all that he said she said BS! People mad cuz Roethlisberger banged sum hoe in the bathroom hahahaha yall are crazy! and i definitely used the right TERM a straight up HOE!

Aero II
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM
And that makes what he did all right?

Don't Panic
04-22-2010, 01:35 PM
If that's what they're honestly looking for (top 10 plus best player), then they have no interest at all in moving him. Just an interest in saying, "we tried to move him. No takers..." which I totally get.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 01:39 PM
id give the steelers all 3 of our Qbz and our #9 pick for Roethlisberger..im just bein real..the bills need to start thinking FOOTBALL and forget about all that he said she said BS! People mad cuz Roethlisberger banged sum hoe in the bathroom hahahaha yall are crazy! and i definitely used the right TERM a straight up HOE!

I see you have some women issues

not mad because he banged some hoe. Don't want him because he has had multiple occurences of this type of behavior and the writing on the wall says where there is smoke there is fire.

not worth the risk.

Lets just build this team properly through the draft. :maggie:

Prov401
04-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I'd give up our first in a heartbeat for Ben.

I'm willing to bet right now he ends up playing for the Arizona Cardinals for his ex OC Ken Whisenhunt.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Update!!! the local TV station cited some beachsports report that Roethlisberger could be traded to Oakland pending leaguer approval. And I did see the word COULD.

Michael82
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Update!!! the local TV station cited some beachsports report that Roethlisberger could be traded to Oakland pending leaguer approval. And I did see the word COULD.
:shocked: