PDA

View Full Version : Not a fan of the draft schedule

The King
04-22-2010, 07:33 AM
I think Separating the first and second round is a big mistake especially for the viewers. Way too many teams shuffle firsts and seconds and to have to wait another day to see how it turns out kind of sucks.

tampabay25690
04-22-2010, 07:34 AM
I think it helps the BILLS have the nite to look at the board and make trades...

Novacane
04-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't like it either.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Who cares about the fans exactly? This is the perfect set up for marketing, ratings, and most importantly for the NFL personell guys.

In the end this will be a far more exciting set up than ever for fans as well. I think you might enjoy it more than you think in the end.

northernbillfan
04-22-2010, 07:46 AM
I think Separating the first and second round is a big mistake especially for the viewers. Way too many teams shuffle firsts and seconds and to have to wait another day to see how it turns out kind of sucks.They are trying to boost ratings for the later rounds as no one seems to stick around to watch them on Tee Vee. 80 and 90 degree weather on a weekend will not keep a lot of people inside watching the fifth, sixth or seventh rounds.

I agree that separating the first two rounds is a mistake. If you think it impacts the teams, how about the guys who are waiting for the second round to get picked because for some reason they were overlooked in the first round. This gives them another night to dwell on why they didn't go.

That said, 10 hours (two rounds if everyone takes max time) is a long time. Perhaps this separation will be better.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Who cares about the fans exactly? This is the perfect set up for marketing, ratings, and most importantly for the NFL personell guys.

In the end this will be a far more exciting set up than ever for fans as well. I think you might enjoy it more than you think in the end.

I agree with this. I also think the new format will give teams more time to make trades.

The King
04-22-2010, 07:58 AM
I agree with this. I also think the new format will give teams more time to make trades.I think there will be less trades because teams will have more time to gameplan based on who's left.