OBD just got blasted on the morning drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

OBD just got blasted on the morning drive.

Bob Papa and Ross Tucker basically said the Bills making the comments that they had "no internal discussions On Big Ben" and "nobody from Pittsburgh contacted them" was ridiculous.

They were laughing that the Bills were waiting for a call. That's pretty proactive.

I'm trying to muster some interest to watch the draft but stuff like this really takes the fun out of it.
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: OBD just got blasted on the morning drive.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Bob Papa and Ross Tucker basically said the Bills making the comments that they had "no internal discussions On Big Ben" and "nobody from Pittsburgh contacted them" was ridiculous.

They were laughing that the Bills were waiting for a call. That's pretty proactive.

I'm trying to muster some interest to watch the draft but stuff like this really takes the fun out of it.
    how do they know what went down

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Who cares.
      I know I didnt want BEN in Buffalo anyway...
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
        Who cares.
        I know I didnt want BEN in Buffalo anyway...
        Not the point. Any good businnesman looks at all of the options. I have said no on a first reaction only to reconsider and have it work out better than I even thought.

Not even exploring the idea is stupid.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Not the point. Any good businnesman looks at all of the options. I have said no on a first reaction only to reconsider and have it work out better than I even thought.

Just because they did not call Pittsburgh does not mean they did not explore the idea.

Remember, Whaley just left the Steelers. So he might know a bit about Big Ben.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

a good business man often doesn't have to consider adding a serial rapist to his payroll. and often times a good business man avoids getting people you can't really count on.

I'm all for ragging on the bills, but this front office actually has some history running teams and running a draft. i'm more apt to trust them. Also nix said that pretty much everything out of his mouth the last 2-4 weeks has been some kind of misinformation and that they have their plan.

If the steelers are really sick of ben, and even the raideres aren't interested, his price just dropped dramatically. maybe at a lower price the bills are interested, which would be good for us. why trade a 9 for a guy who misses 6 games when he could be had for significantly cheaper.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I wouldn't even read into any comments made by Nix before the draft.

or those made by radio commentators trying to fill up a time slot.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Maybe they didn't want him. Who cares what those two fatsos said on a radio mic?

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

I think BR has a ton of upside.

Not only do the Bills get a QB with SB experience, but Reuben Brown gets another motorcyclist for his charity ride.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Big Ben is a thug. No thanks.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      I wouldn't even read into any comments made by Nix before the draft.

or those made by radio commentators trying to fill up a time slot.
                      Exactly. Anyone who listens to a word that Buddy Nix says right now is insane. And anyone thinks that OBD didn't have SOME sort of conversation about whether it'd be worth trading for a 28 year old, Super Bowl winning QB that just appeared on the market is also insane. It may have been a short conversation, but don't kid yourself: they talked about it.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                        • Sep 2009

....and you know this because you have talked to Buddy or Chan yourself?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                          • Jan 2010

The reason the bills said no to big ben is because we are going to draft tebow at 9 or trade up to get him...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Ross Tucker... so easy a caveman could do it.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

Thats not like you HH to start up a thread that is somehow pissing about the front office

Comment

Working...
                              X