PDA

View Full Version : There's more than one round in the draft.

Philagape
04-22-2010, 08:25 AM
This will need to be said tonight for those who will be upset that they didn't draft the POSITION they wanted.
That's the main drawback to limiting the first night to one round. The whiners will be out tonight. Nothing against whining per se, but drafting for position is one of the weakest reasons to whine. And such an immature approach to the draft is often accompanied by the silly notion that if they didn't get their position in the first round, all is lost.

DRAFT

THE

BEST

PLAYER

realdealryan
04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Interesting dynamic with teams possibly getting an itchy trigger finger, what with the 32-pick night. For the groaner picks - and whoever is picked will cause groans somewhere - there isn't any relief until the next day at the earliest.

Spiller or whine. I hope Buddy knows what he's doing.

Nighthawk
I'm excited to see who we get...

OpIv37
The only good thing is that we have so many positions of need that they almost can't screw it up: QB, LT, NT, LB, you could make a strong case for WR or 3-4 DE...

The only positions we really don't need are defensive backs and RB's, and with the Lynch situation, an RB might not be a bad pick either.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 08:33 AM
with the amount of holes and needs on this team trading back makes the most sesne if a coveted player doesn't drop to us at #9

Philagape
04-22-2010, 08:35 AM
The only good thing is that we have so many positions of need that they almost can't screw it up: QB, LT, NT, LB, you could make a strong case for WR or 3-4 DE...

The only positions we really don't need are defensive backs and RB's, and with the Lynch situation, an RB might not be a bad pick either.

That's what makes the whole BPA vs. need debate rather moot. Because there are so many holes, the Bills can draft BPA and still meet a need.

madness
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
No matter how it plays out there will still be unhappy campers out there. Especially since Nix has already gone on record that he plans on drafting correctly.

1. BPA at a position of need and if that's not an option and there's no opportunity to trade down... BPA.

The QB crowd should probably just start whining now. We might see a team jump in front of us to grab Clausen but I have a feeling Nix doesn't have him at the top of the draft board @ 9 anyway. The only way the Bills have a legitimate shot at Tebow is to jump back in the end of the 1st like reported. Although I think it's down right stupid to take him before the third, many teams will most likely jump the gun to grab him in the 2nd.

Through all this, NE has the potential to be the QB killer. They could easily move up to grab Clausen or they can just grab Tebow with one of their many 2nd's.

Philagape
04-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I knew it, people are already *****ing about the lines.

Soooooooooo ........

THERE'S MORE THAN ONE ROUND IN THE DRAFT

:party:

TacklingDummy
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
41st pick Rodger Saffold