PDA

View Full Version : key positions that need improvement, so who's gona step up ?

THenPitBull
06-09-2003, 04:50 PM
At kick and punt returns ? who's likely to be back there ?

Did we look off Rogers to quickly ? i dont think are blocking was to supurb last year.

BillsFanInMass
06-09-2003, 04:59 PM
lets put moulds on kickoffs again . nah too risky

Jan Reimers
06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Rogers stunk. Shaw and McGee are supposed to be good PRs, but not sure on KRs--Simonton, Driver,?.

The_Philster
06-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Driver was excellent on returns at Notre Dame and looked good doing it for us at times as well.

Voltron
06-09-2003, 05:54 PM
We also have The NFLE Player of the Year Ken Simonton that did punt returns and Kick returns in NFLE.

HenryRules
06-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Getting excited about a guy tearing up NFLE is like getting excited about a KR that dominated DIV 2 in NCAA ... once in a while they may turn out, but don't get your hopes up, Simonton's probably gonna do nothing.

THenPitBull
06-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Div 3 even

Voltron
06-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Wow let's not even give him a chance. :angry: Ya know people like Kurt Warner also played in the NFLE!

TedMock
06-10-2003, 08:39 AM
I think we should've kept Rogers around until we knew for sure that someone else is better. yeah he stunk with us but NOBODY would've done well on that return team. I've said it before that the guy was a good KR before he came to Buffalo. He'll probably be solid wherever he is now. He always made the first guy miss (which is what he's supposed to do) but then he'd get blasted by 2 or 3 guys right away. He never had a prayer.

G. Host
06-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Getting excited about a guy tearing up NFLE is like getting excited about a KR that dominated DIV 2 in NCAA ... once in a while they may turn out, but don't get your hopes up, Simonton's probably gonna do nothing.

Yes - use a DB or Safety or a WR or any player other than a player who might be relief for Mr. "Oh Henry". ;)

Michael82
06-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Wow let's not even give him a chance. :angry: Ya know people like Kurt Warner also played in the NFLE!

So did Brian Moorman and he's kicking ass in the NFL. :up:

LtBillsFan66
06-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Didn't we have a RB that tore up the NFLE last year? Alexander? What happened to him? Can Simonton be another flash in the NFLE pan.

Voltron
06-10-2003, 01:33 PM
So with that thinking any one that goes to the NFLE is really never gonna make it and the NFL is just wasting money sending players over there. How can the fact that Alaxander never made the team impact Simonton??? I think we should at least give him a chance before we toss him to the side. He can return punts and Kicks and we need serious help at those spots.

The_Philster
06-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Exactly...for every player that doesn't make an NFL squad coming out of NFL Europe, there's one who makes it.

BillsOwnAll
06-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
Wow let's not even give him a chance. :angry: Ya know people like Kurt Warner also played in the NFLE! volt he did say "they SOMETIMES step up" not always though.

HenryRules
06-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Actually Philster, for every few hundred people from NFLE that don't make it, there is one that does. If we were bringing in a QB/P/K or something like that, I would be more optimistic (IMO, those positions rely more on experience than coaching and can still benefit from NFL coaching the same season they play in NFLE). However, other positions (i.e. OL/DL/LB, and including RB) the difference in coaching between NFLE and NFL is quite extreme (there's better coaching at the top college schools than there is in NFLE) and after a season in NFLE, your body won't be able to benefit from the coaching in the NFL. Basically, any RB that has any promise would not be sent to NFLE. And again, as per the coaching comment, special teams over there are quite poorly coached, so running up big numbers against them is not an indicator of talent.

Yes, I have written off Simonton as not contributing next year ... for the same reason that I'm writing off the guy that won MVP for highschool football in my home town, although in his defence, he put up some sick numbers also.

The_Philster
06-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Yeah...I know it's not a case where it's 50-50 but the point I was making was that people can't judge that a player won't do well in the NFL after playing in NFL Europe just because we had another player flop coming out of there. Every player is unique.

HenryRules
06-10-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm not basing my opinion on Simonton on Alexander, I'm basing it on the fact that he is a running back in NFLE, Alexander is merely another example of a running back from NFLE that flopped in the NFL, not the only example.