PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lombardi: Bills will have a QB before the end of round 1

Ickybaluky
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Somewhat cryptic, but I'll pass it along (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-The-party-starts-at-No-4.html):

Someone high ranking in the NFL told me Buffalo will have a quarterback before the first round is over tomorrow. Not sure who it will be but, the Bills will have one.

Could be a veteran (Ben/Campbell) or one of the rookies I suppose. The "before the end of round one" makes it sound like they are trading back in to the end of round 1 to get a QB, after using #9 on someone else.

Philagape
04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I won't believe it until Joe Logan says it.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
This is the same guy who picked Miami to go to the SuperBowl this year.

Keep that in mind.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I think we're trading back once or twice and setting ourselves up to grab Tebow.

We'll then have the extra picks to fill in the need positions around the Tebow pick...

In this scenario I can live with it. It's a solid move as long as we get some key players for the OL DL and LB's in the 1st 2-3 rounds.

I don't see us trading back up and giving away picks. I beleive Nix want to add picks to make this move.

Lone Stranger
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Philigape, you're on a roll today!!!!!

mikemac2001
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Garcia or campbell my bets

Forward_Lateral
04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm not usually a fan of trading back, but if there's a year to do it, it's this year. The 2nd round has a ton of 1st round talent, and if the Bills can get an extra pick or two by moving back in round 1, I'm all for it.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not usually a fan of trading back, but if there's a year to do it, it's this year. The 2nd round has a ton of 1st round talent, and if the Bills can get an extra pick or two by moving back in round 1, I'm all for it.

Exactly.... It makes a ton of sense this year for the Bills. DL OL and LB have plenty of players ot choose from.

and by trading down we can fill those needs and take a swing at a QB like Tebow and his 10 1/8" hands

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
spiller than tebow!!!!!!

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 10:35 AM
If its anybody its going to be Campbell.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 10:36 AM

why do you think this ???

justasportsfan
04-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Someone high ranking in the NFL told me Buffalo will have a quarterback before the first round is over tomorrow. Not sure who it will be but, the Bills will have one.

we already have 3 . DUH!

psubills62
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM

I sure as heck hope so. He's a better option that anyone else in the first round, especially if we have to trade back into the 1st.

psubills62
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
we already have 3 . DUH!

In other news, gravity still works, light does indeed travel at the speed of light, and women are hard to understand.

Commissioner
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Yeah... i heard Nix say in his press conference that they would like to trade down.

It would probably be smart to stockpile picks for 2nd and 3 rounds since you have a day to prepare now and target guys.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
why do you think this ???

Hunch, I think Buffalo knows we need some stability and you're looking at drafting another rookie lineman, potentially a rookie WR and/or RB. You gotta have some vet presence somewhere.

QB makes sense, Campbell gets a shot this year to prove he's worth it. He falters we pick a QB next year and Campbell is basically done in the NFL as a starter.

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Hunch, I think Buffalo knows we need some stability and you're looking at drafting another rookie lineman, potentially a rookie WR and/or RB. You gotta have some vet presence somewhere.

QB makes sense, Campbell gets a shot this year to prove he's worth it. He falters we pick a QB next year and Campbell is basically done in the NFL as a starter.

Good reasonings :respect:

That suports my plan of making the big move in 2011 for a franchise arm

Commissioner
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Gotta feeling Tebow is a smoke screen and Nix is really targeting Colt McCoy because they talk the same.

ptd86
04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
why would we have jason campbell by the end of the first round? Wouldn't the skins and bills wait until whatever round we are going to trade them to see who is available? Seems like he is implying more they are drafting one in the first round

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
why would we have jason campbell by the end of the first round? Wouldn't the skins and bills wait until whatever round we are going to trade them to see who is available? Seems like he is implying more they are drafting one in the first round

Not necessairly, but traditionally yes.

The trade though could be struck tonight and not be announced till the pick is up. So maybe Mort or Schefter's leaks it but its not confirmed till tomorrow.

Hell I dont know, I just want 7:30 to hurry up and get here!

patmoran2006
04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I just have this really weird feeling that Tebow will be a Bill before tonight is over..

WeAreArthurMoates
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I just have this really weird feeling that Tebow will be a Bill before tonight is over..

I could most def see it.

BertSquirtgum
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
i'm not buying your boston tea party bulls**t

ct bills fan
04-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I doubt Campbell is traded to anybody until at least tomorrow. Teams want to see if they end up drafting a QB in the first few rounds (i.e., Buffalo) before trading a 5th for Campbell. That's the same reason Lynch won't be traded until at least tomorrow, if at all.

RockStar36
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
This is the same guy who picked Miami to go to the SuperBowl this year.

Keep that in mind.

Ok.

So because he has an off the wall prediction, that means he hasn't spoken with someone with some knowledge?

Commissioner
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM

I will by a custom Bills Jersey that says God Bless on the back... and wear a cross to every Bills game.

BillsWin
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Bryan Bulaga and Colt McCoy. I'd be happy.

I'd even be happy with Tebow. In round 2.

billsburgh
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I think we're trading back once or twice and setting ourselves up to grab Tebow.

We'll then have the extra picks to fill in the need positions around the Tebow pick...

In this scenario I can live with it. It's a solid move as long as we get some key players for the OL DL and LB's in the 1st 2-3 rounds.

I don't see us trading back up and giving away picks. I beleive Nix want to add picks to make this move.
I cant remember who it was this morning in ESPNRadio, either Kiper or Schefter, but one of them kept bringing up the possibility of the Bills trading back into the end of the 1st round to grab Tebow. :puke:

ddaryl
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM

I think Tebow is the kind of QB Gailey wants, but if we do this I think trading back for more picks is wiser then trading back up that costs *****s. :chug:

ct bills fan
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I would be thrilled with a LT and Tebow. Gailey could install the spread offense he did for Thigpen and wouldn;t have to worry about Tebow developing into a "standard type" QB. Thigpen looked pretty good in it and I would think Tebow has more talent and a better supporting cast (skill positions anyway)

Historian
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM

I think you're right, but it will be later in the first, with a second pick, ala Kelly and Lossman.

madness
04-22-2010, 01:41 PM
That "weird feeling" you and others are describing is probably Tim Tebow's prostate. Please remove finger.

Edit: After posting it, I admit that picture was overboard.

Demon
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Trading up to grab Jimmy Clausen just makes too much sense. Clausen is dropping like a rock according to all the national football experts. We could grab him between 20-30 i bet.

JCBills
04-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Things will burn.

DraftBoy
04-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Bump

The Spaz
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
They sure tried.

psubills62
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank you Denver for keeping us from getting a DUIT - Drafting Under the Influence of Tebow.