PDA

View Full Version : Are we this bad?.......Comic relief!

Novacane
06-09-2003, 05:22 PM
I know it is only nature to look at your team through rose colored glasses(Wys Excluded:D ) but are we as bad as the phins fans?

Take a look at a couple of the current threads over at phinhell

This team has NO holes!!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18011

Our defense can't be any closer to perfect...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18032

I believe in being optimistic but geez........................these guys take the cake!

baalworship
06-09-2003, 06:07 PM
LOL. I was at Finheaven and noticed that they are getting loopier every day. There are a couple people on there that are reasonable but the majority blame Ray Lucas even when he wasn't playing! Their defense is very good on paper but the biggest misconception they have is their offense.

I told them this is what will happen to them when we play them.

We will focus on stopping Ricky and make Fiedler beat us. Winfield and Clements will lock down their top 2. They will need their 3rd or 4th receiver, or McMichael to make plays and move the ball.

They need an upgrade at QB/ #1 WR/ Left Tackle

If they had upgraded these starting positions I would be more worried about them.

Typ0
06-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Too bad their QB (Dumbo) and coach suck.

BillsOwnAll
06-09-2003, 07:27 PM
:lol: phin fans lol. they say to us oh it was the backup QB. i say "thats why we play the game" injuries suck" or "its sad how RJ is better than your backup"

Ð
06-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

This team has NO holes!!

Stand back...they're all gonna blow!!!!!!!

The_Philster
06-09-2003, 08:44 PM
:lol:

hey
06-09-2003, 10:20 PM
like bills fan are any better.some of you predict your defense to be great just because of sam adams,jeff posey,and takeo spikes.takeo is the only real good player you got and even he didnt have any eye popping stats in cincy.I dont think any fan of any team is ever really unbiased.

mackey789
06-09-2003, 10:31 PM
we beat miami twice last year and we improved more than they did this year.........you draw the rest of the conclusions geek

ryguy8161
06-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by hey
like bills fan are any better.some of you predict your defense to be great just because of sam adams,jeff posey,and takeo spikes.takeo is the only real good player you got and even he didnt have any eye popping stats in cincy.I dont think any fan of any team is ever really unbiased.

Ummm.... Any human being who grew up in a town with a football team is naturally biased. Even you.

BADTHINGSMAN
06-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Every fan is optimistic there team will win. Even the Bengal fans are sayin one of these centuries we can have a winning streak...

baalworship
06-10-2003, 05:44 AM
The point of this thread wasn't optimism. This IS the time of the year to be optimistic. But thread titles like

WE HAVE NO HOLES

CAN'T BE ANY CLOSER TO PERFECT

WHO WE PLAYING IN THE SB??????!

As for the Bills we have added

Sam Adams: If you don't understand how how he helps stopping the run LOOK UP HIS STATS.

Takeo Spikes: Yeah

Jeff Posey: Very similar stats to Colvin but he came dirt cheap.

Bunch of others for depth, some might start.

Dick Lebeau & Pat Ruel as coaches

2001 & 2002 TD drafts are 1 year older

2003 TD draft

We could be way giddier than we are on this board. Instead, we spend half our threads defending why Drew Bledsoe is a decent QB after he shatters most of Kelly's records, improves the team by 5 GAMES, and makes the Pro-Bowl playing behind a line that had 4 out of 5 players playing their respective positions for the first time. We don't pretend things are great at a position when they are not. LDE is up in the air. We need better work from our safety positions. Head coaching is an issue. OC is an issue. DC is an issue. Etc.

Bufftp
06-10-2003, 06:56 AM
we are more balanced in opining about our beloved Bills her. We have a seceret weapon in keeping us down to earth.

Wys! :D

Ð
06-10-2003, 07:45 AM
Hey, lay off Wys.

Quoting Mark Twain;

"Never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel" :D

cordog
06-10-2003, 09:32 AM
WOW, phin fans are crazy. I couldnt imagine getting that excited for a team that falls on thier faces every December.

R. Rich
06-10-2003, 09:48 AM
It makes you wonder if those post are representative of the overall view Miami fans have of their team or not. It could be a few posts from some hardcore 'homer' fans. If that's the case, EVERY team has those type of fans! Now, if you scan the site and the majority of posts sound like those, that's different.

Captain gameboy
06-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by baalworship
The point of this thread wasn't optimism. This IS the time of the year to be optimistic. But thread titles like

WE HAVE NO HOLES

CAN'T BE ANY CLOSER TO PERFECT

WHO WE PLAYING IN THE SB??????!

As for the Bills we have added

Sam Adams: If you don't understand how how he helps stopping the run LOOK UP HIS STATS.

Takeo Spikes: Yeah

Jeff Posey: Very similar stats to Colvin but he came dirt cheap.

Bunch of others for depth, some might start.

Dick Lebeau & Pat Ruel as coaches

2001 & 2002 TD drafts are 1 year older

2003 TD draft

We could be way giddier than we are on this board. Instead, we spend half our threads defending why Drew Bledsoe is a decent QB after he shatters most of Kelly's records, improves the team by 5 GAMES, and makes the Pro-Bowl playing behind a line that had 4 out of 5 players playing their respective positions for the first time. We don't pretend things are great at a position when they are not. LDE is up in the air. We need better work from our safety positions. Head coaching is an issue. OC is an issue. DC is an issue. Etc.

WAY too much accuracy in this post.

Tatonka
06-10-2003, 12:58 PM
this is a PM i got from andrew tatum, who is the main man over at Finheaven.. *note.. i think andrew is a heck of a guy, and i like him a lot. he has been very nice to me regardless of complaints from his members about my comments.

i have been over there "killing them with kindness" for a couple days.. i will post one of my favorite satiracal posts after andrews PM.

"Sarcasm
Hey man,

A lot of people are telling me that they are getting a little tired of all the sarcasm lately, because everyone knows you're a Bills fan, and you're obviously being pro-Dolphins the entire way though. So, if you could cool that down a bit, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks man,
Andrew"

lol.. people are actually complaining about me saying the fins are going 16-0, because i am a bills fan and i am not supposed to say things like that :D

here is my favorite post i had the other day.. it was in response to someone saying the bills wrs are not as good as the miami wrs.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
1. Thompson is not a unknown, he's very much a known...he led the skins last year,,this guy is good..

2. we know Chambers and

3. we know McKnight,

4. we're not sure about Toliver at the NFL level..

5. and Baker I have a pretty good Idea can play at this level...

my response..

Originally posted by Tatonka

yeah.. i dont see why anyone would have questions about these guys.. i mean.. hell.. lets look deeper here.

1. lets disregard the fact that thompson wasnt the starter for a full year.. cuz that doesnt help our point.. lets look at the numbers.. he had 773 yards and 4 tds.. by todays standards.. that is GREAT!.. he is a true player.

2. we do know that chambers looked great his rookie year when he was playing in the slot against the nickle back and gained 883 yards, which is his career best. since last years performance doesnt really help our point either considering he regressed and caught MORE passed for LESS yards and only 3 tds, lets just blame it on ray lucas and a concussion.. that works every time!

3. we know that even though mcknight gets no respect, and that his best season was 926 yards, and that was 3 years ago, and that he has gotten less yards every season since.. we know he did break 500 yards last season.. and was a starter most of it. we know he can blow up at any time.. and now is as good a time as ever..considering he has 10 years of experience now.

4. i am sure toliver will be huge, but only the dolphins caught on.. as is typical from most rookie wrs.. i am sure he will be clutch in his rookie year and counted on heavily by the time the fins reach the superbowl.

5. i have a pretty good idea that baker can play in this league too. while only having one catch for 17 yards last year.. it was definately a defining catch.. giving me a glimpse into the future.. i see pro bowls ahead! plus he is doing good in the nfl europe.. and that ALWAYS translates to good play in the nfl!

good points.. your wrs are set..

cordog
06-10-2003, 01:46 PM
That is freakin hilarious Tat

Phins054
06-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Feel like I just moved into a neighborhood full of glass houses just past the rock quarry...:rolleyes:

The_Philster
06-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
Feel like I just moved into a neighborhood full of glass houses just past the rock quarry...:rolleyes:

Like Bufftp said, we have Wys to balance things out. ;)

ublinkwescore
06-10-2003, 05:29 PM
I tried reading that whole thread - but it started making my head hurt.

Man Dolphins fans are stupid.

We should do the world a favor, and start putting birth control into their water.

don137
06-10-2003, 06:11 PM
It's one thing to be optimistic but it is another thing going overboard. Any fan that thinks their team does not have a weakness is setting themselves up for a big failure. I think most fans are a little bias when rating their team. I think some Bills fans go overboard too but it does seem like Fin fans go way overboard at times. To blame last season on Lucas entierly is ludicrous. Fielder was the starting and losing quarterback the last two games of the seaon, when it was crunch time, against Minnesota and NE respectively. Lucas had nothing to do with those loses.

Tatonka
06-10-2003, 06:31 PM
they will say he was still hurt..