• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Bulaga won't be a top ten pick

I just don't see this, personally. I think if he's there, the Bills will take him.

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post is "hearing" that Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga will not be a top-10 pick.

Like Jimmy Clausen's, Bulaga's stock is falling at the absolute wrong time. Another recent report claimed some NFL evaluators consider him the most overrated prospect in this year's draft class. Lombardi does hear that Bulaga is "loved" by the Niners, and that Green Bay might trade up to select him.
    EDIT: I should clarify that the blurb below is NOT from Michael Lombardi. This report was actually from Don Banks six days ago.

Some NFL personnel evaluators reportedly believe that Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga is the most overrated prospect in this year's draft.

"It'll shock you when I say this, but I know some people have him graded out as a third-round pick," said one personnel man. "A lot of pass rushers beat him badly last year. And if you watch that film, and add in that his arms are shorter than you'd like a tackle to have, how high can you take him? I know he's well-coached...(but) he's falling a bit in some people's eyes."
    Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
    Last edited by psubills62; 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bulaga won't be a top ten pick

Hard to say, but I have a feeling the Bills are not that interested in Bulaga at #9 and would be just as happy with the next batch of OT that can be had in the late 1st early 2nd round.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I like Lombardi I really do, but his site is trying really hard to be the first on everything this past week, which likely means they are biting on everything they hear smoke screen or not.

He is playing a very dangerous game with these absolute claims he's making.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

I have him at #13 in my mock. I like some of his qualities and I could live with him at 9 but I think he is a top 15 pick not top 10.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

WHY is he falling? His film has been available last 6 months.

Comment

• ct bills fan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
            Hard to say, but I have a feeling the Bills are not that interested in Bulaga at #9 and would be just as happy with the next batch of OT that can be had in the late 1st early 2nd round.
            Agreed - there's too much risk taking Bulaga - he may only end up being a RT. Davis would be the better risk - he's only 20 and could end up being the best tackle in the draft. He could also be a bust, but, at least he definitely projects at LT

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
              WHY is he falling? His film has been available last 6 months.
              Nothing has been officially reported so to me its one of the following two things;

1. His thyroid condition is not curable so if a team doctor found something wrong with him then that's going to drop him.

2. This is a smokescreen.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• ct bills fan
                • Jul 2002

Draftboy - you definitely think he's a LT? I know he played great in his JR season (the injury in his Senior season slowed him up a lot). If nixx sees him as a LT, then I'm all for the pick. I don't know.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Nothing has been officially reported so to me its one of the following two things;

1. His thyroid condition is not curable so if a team doctor found something wrong with him then that's going to drop him.

2. This is a smokescreen.
                  The timing and method of it suggests smokescreen to me.

Also, I edited the original post. I realized that the way I said things made it sound like both blurbs were from Lombardi, whereas the first is from Lombardi, the second is from Don Banks. I still smell smoke, even so.
                  Last edited by psubills62; 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                    Draftboy - you definitely think he's a LT? I know he played great in his JR season (the injury in his Senior season slowed him up a lot). If nixx sees him as a LT, then I'm all for the pick. I don't know.
                    Without a doubt or even a hesistation, I think he's a franchise LT.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

I think he can be a very good LT in this league... but my gut keeps telling me he's the best RT in this draft.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

The more I think about it the more I'm intrigued by the possibility of Berry slipping to 9 and Philly sending us 24, 37 and maybe a 5th next year for #9. I could easily see Dan Williams or Jerry Hughes available at 24 and then 37 and 41 could be Colt McCoy (right in front of Cleveland) and LT Vladamir Ducasse of UMass. Ducasse is raw but he has big upside.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

I'm still hearing the Bills really like him.

I have changed my mind.. I dont want a LT at 9 if its not Trent Williams or Okung.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                          X