My Take on the Bills Possibilities in the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

My Take on the Bills Possibilities in the Draft

Hey guys...

I've been relatively quiet as to my opinions on the draft, but I decided to write an article today discussing some of the various options the Bills might be looking at. It's pretty much focused on just our first two picks, but check it out if you feel so inclined and let me know what you think!

Jimmy Clausen seems to be a bit of a polarizing figure to most, though that's often the case with any quarterback come draft time. Fans either think he could be the next savior or just another in a long series of busts. Clausen magnifies this idea a bit in part because he went to Notre Dame, which is a love 'em or hate 'em school for most folks. Additionally, he has a bit of a pretty boy image and displays a certain ****iness about himself. There seems to be a large contingency of people that believe this will be Buffalo's pick should he still be on the board when the Bills hit the clock with the 9th pick.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: My Take on the Bills Possibilities in the Draft

God I hope we dont pick Pickles
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      • May 2005

Originally posted by King Bedard
      God I hope we dont pick Pickles
      Yeah, I can't see anyway that ends well honestly... No matter how much Thurm loves him.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Yeah I'm not a fan of Small Hands Clausen in a Bills uniform....

the article was long, but was a good read... Sums up the thoughts shared by most IMO

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Fine then not him get Tebow.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Im more on board with McCoy but I would take Tebow over Pickles happily.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              • May 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
              Yeah I'm not a fan of Small Hands Clausen in a Bills uniform....

the article was long, but was a good read... Sums up the thoughts shared by most IMO
              Ha, that's what happens when I haven't written an article in months! Sorry, wanted to cover the bases of what I've heard discussed most frequently.

Comment

• ddaryl
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

he has significantly bigger hands :brilliant:

BUT only if we trade back and add picks so it no longer becomes a luxury pick

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  • May 2005

I think that essentially sums up my thoughts. IF we take a QB in the first 2 rounds, I'd prefer it to be McCoy at 41, Tebow at 41, Clausen at 9 in that order...

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    I think that essentially sums up my thoughts. IF we take a QB in the first 2 rounds, I'd prefer it to be McCoy at 41, Tebow at 41, Clausen at 9 in that order...
                    I dont think either QB will be there at 41... we'll need to leap frog Cleveland. Unless they do something before hand.
                    It was all

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      • May 2005

I dont think either QB will be there at 41... we'll need to leap frog Cleveland. Unless they do something before hand.
                      I agree and addressed that... I will not be pleased if they trade up for Tebow at all. I can "tolerate" taking him at 42, but I'm not even really sold on that.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

I agree and addressed that... I will not be pleased if they trade up for Tebow at all. I can "tolerate" taking him at 42, but I'm not even really sold on that.
                        trade back scenario would work for me. There are plenty of excellent picks at positions of need that can be had in the late 1st and throught the 2nd

If we can parlay a trade back into extra picks and have 3 picks in 2 rounds I would be better able to pallette drafting Tebow.

I really think Tebow is Gailey's type of QB, and those hands, they're huge !

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

I guess the next question would be would you be ok if they missed out on the top 4 QB's in the draft?
                          It was all

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I just don't understand how you hate Clausen so much but would want McCoy. He has no arm, slow release, and is tiny.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              • Jan 2005

I guess the next question would be would you be ok if they missed out on the top 4 QB's in the draft?
                              I would be more then OK with that....

Get an experienced Vet stop gap and show Fitz the door.

Put emphasis on the OL and D front 7

then in 2011 make the big move for a franchise arm.

There is a good possibility we will be drafting top 10 in 2011, so there is a solid chance we could get or move up to get a franchise arm from a better class of QB's IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X