PDA

View Full Version : Feelings on the Draft

historypete
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
As far as I'm concerened this team has way too many needs for us to pick at #9. With all the possible trade scenario's out there, if I'm Nix, I'm looking to trade down as many times as possible.

This is supposed to be a deep draft so we need to stockpile picks, nine picks are not enough. I'd be happy if Nix could find a way to even trade out of the first round and acquire 4-6 total picks over the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

We need to do something bold, and by bold I don't mean moving up from 41 into the late 1st to pick Tebow. That is suicide and something we've done too much in the past and it has burned us. Try something different, spin what we have into more picks. I trust Nix as a talent evaluator, and think if he were to back out of the 1st for multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders he could do wonders.

I'd even consider dropping back a few times, of course assuming there are trading partners out there, and picking McCoy in the late 1st. I don't want Tebow, he will require too much time to groom. I think McCoy is a clone of Drew Brees: smaller, coming from a spread offense in college, decent but not exceptional arm strength, good mobility and smarts.

Regardless, I hope we don't draft at #9. Use the deepness of this draft to try and fill as many needs as possible and acquire more picks.

buffalobillsfan95
04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
i would trade down to the high 20's but not out of the first round.

but other then that right on