Peckerwood's Final Mock (Two Rounds-Trades included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Peckerwood's Final Mock (Two Rounds-Trades included)

Round 1

1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    4. Washington - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
    5. Kansas City - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    6. Seattle - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
    7. Cleveland - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee (Cleveland needs a playmaker on both sides of the ball, with Eric Berry being available at #7, the choice has become easier for Holmgren.)
    8. Oakland - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame (JaMarcuss Russell showed up at 290lbs, cut him now in the uncapped year, Clausen is a franchise caliber QB.)
    9. Buffalo - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers (The most underrated tackle prospect in this year's class and if it weren't for some maturity issues, he could have easily gone before Trent Williams & Bryan Bulaga.)
    10. Jacksonville - Joe Haden, CB, Florida (Jacksonville needs help all over, especially at WR and in their secondary. By taking Joe Haden, the Jaguars land the top CB prospect in this year's class which is outstanding value at an incredibly important position in the pass happy NFL.)
    11. Denver - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama (This was easily the hardest pick to mock because I have no idea what McDaniel's is thinking, he is seriously like the new Al Davis except crazier.)
    12. Miami - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, USF (It's obvious that they need a pass rusher, but I really wanted to give them Dez Bryant in my heart, but my brains won out here and JPP is now off the board.)
    13. San Francisco - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson (Frank Gore is a great RB, but he has an extensive list of injuries, help take some pressure off of Gore by plugging in Spiller for the occasional breather.)
    14. Seattle - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech (Patrick Kerney just retired, Morgan is probably the best DE available on the board.)
    15. New York Giants - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (I wanted to give them Terrence Cody here, but I knew that neither Cody nor Dan Williams will go to the Giants because they don't fit the scheme that Perry Fewell runs.)
    16. Tennessee - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee (Fisher is absolutely astonished that the Giants did not taking Williams before their pick, however, neither Dan Williams no Terrence Cody fit Perry Fewell's scheme. Good luck Giant fans, now you can endure what us Bills fans have had to for the last 3 years.)
    17. San Francisco - Earl Thomas, S, Texas (If USC is the linebacker University then Texas has to be the DB University.)
    18. Pittsburgh - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma (He has some character concerns, but I think that it was immaturity more than anything else, the Rooney's take a gamble on a talented WR to replace Santonio Holmes.)
    19. Atlanta - Maurkice Pouncey, OC, Florida (The best center prospect to come out since perhaps Nick Mangold.)
    20. Buffalo - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida (Houston trades the 20th overall pick to Buffalo and receives the 41st overall pick along with safety George Wilson and the 72nd overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.)
    21. Cincinnati - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (While the Bengals already have a pair of talented tackles, Bruce Campbell can provide depth and freakish ability inside the interior line or play RT immediately opposite to Andre Smith.)
    22. New England - Jared Odrick, DE, PSU (This is who I think that New England may be targeting and it wouldn't be a surprise if they did.)
    23. Green Bay - Charles Brown, OT, USC (GET AARON RODGERS SOME FREAKING HELP!!!!!! He is a great QB, but your line SUCKS.)
    24. Philadelphia - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise (The Eagles fill one of their few holes.)
    25. Baltimore - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech (Ozzie's lost his mind, taking receivers with each pick.)
    26. Arizona - Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana (Arizona snatches up one of the few solid tackles left on the board.)
    27. Dallas - Taylor Mays, S, USC (I'm Jerry Jones, I'm so gawd dong drunk right now! I'm going to draft Taylor Mays to sell me some here tickets.)
    28. San Diego - Sean Weatherspoon, ILB, Missouri (The Chargers draft Weatherspoon with the sole intention of plugging him inside.)
    29. New York Jets - Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan (Just seems like a Rex Ryan kind of guy, fantastic football player too, could be the Jets version of Terrell Suggs.)
    30. Minnesota - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers (Minnesota could use a bit of help in their secondary, maybe a guy like Terrence Cody could be an option here to replace the aging Pat Williams.)
    31. Indianapolis - Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama (I understand that he doesn't fit the gay scheme that Indy likes to run, but if I know Polian right, he will draft the best talent available. The Colts had one of the worst rush defenses in the league, Cody can come in and fix that immediately.)
    32. New Orleans - Everson Griffen, DE, USC (An absolute beast of a man that should have went higher but did not because this draft is loaded with DEs.)

Round 2

33. St. Louis - Sergio Kindle, DE, Texas (Every year there is at least one guy who drops further than he should, this year that guy happens to be Sergio Kindle.)
    34. Detroit - Jahvid Best, RB, Cal (I really wanted to give the Lions some secondary help because Lord knows that they need it, but at this point, Jahvid Best is way too good to pass up.)
    35. Tampa Bay - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU (Bucs score one of the better RDEs in the draft.)
    36. Kansas City - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame (The best WR in the draft, IMO, goes off of the board.)
    37. Philadelphia - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
    38. Cleveland - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
    39. Oakland - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
    40. San Diego - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno
    41. Houston - Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
    42. Tampa Bay - Branden LaFell, WR, LSU
    43. Denver - Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
    44. New England - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
    45. Denver - Tyson Alualu, DE, Cal
    46. New York Giants - Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
    47. New England - Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
    48. Carolina - Damian Williams, WR, USC
    49. San Francisco - Vladmir Duccasse, OL, UMass
    50. Kansas City - Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
    51. Houston - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
    52. Pittsburgh - Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
    53. New England - Patrick Robinson, CB, FSU
    54. Cincinnati - Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    55. Philadelphia - Nate Allen, S, USF
    56. Green Bay - Chris Cook, CB/FS, Virginia
    57. Arizona - Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
    58. Arizona - Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    59. Dallas - J.D. Walton, OL, Baylor
    60. Buffalo - Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina (The Seattle Seahawks trade the 60th overall pick to the Buffalo Bills for Pro Bowl RB Marshawn Lynch.)
    61. New York Jets - Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern
    62. Minnesota - Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
    63. Indianapolis - Daryl Washington, OLB, TCU
    64. New Orleans - Navarro Bowman, OLB, PSU
    Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 04-22-2010, 03:39 PM.
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

Re: Peckerwood's Final Mock (Two Rounds-Trades included)

Anthony Davis would piss me off... the rest of the draft is pretty decent
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Detroit will take an OT.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

**** Anthony Davis!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

If the draft happens like this, I'll drive to your house and kick you in the nuts, Peckerwood.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Keep this in mind too, if Eric Berry falls down to #9, Buffalo will have a whole plethora of options to trade down with. There are two teams who I think are likely players looking to trade up, one of those teams is New England and the other team is Philadelphia. Keep this in mind, the Eagles would have to give up their 24th pick, their 37th pick and the 105th overall pick according to the trade value chart. Philly doesn't have many holes, even after this trade they would still have a 2nd round pick along with 2 3rd round picks and a 4th round pick, trading up for a player like Eric Berry makes an enormous amount of sense for a team like Philly, they have the ammunition to trade up comfortably, shoot they have the ammo to trade up twice into the high end of the first round.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              Detroit will take an OT.
              Why pass on the most dominant player in the entire draft? They do have Jeff Backus as their starter too, he played well last year and Schwartz likes him.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Btw, this mock was done over a week ago, I had to update the Boldin to Baltimore trade.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Anthony Davis = Mike Williams II

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                    Why pass on the most dominant player in the entire draft? They do have Jeff Backus as their starter too, he played well last year and Schwartz likes him.
                    Backus sucks. Schwartz would gladly take Okung over Backus.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

I'd be super pissed, motivation issues at #9, then give up WAY TOO MUCH for a 2-3 year project?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        Backus sucks. Schwartz would gladly take Okung over Backus.
                        Would he take Okung over Suh? That's the question. Backus is a serviceable starter, most Detroit fans will tell you this. I'm not going to say it couldn't happen, but I would be surprised. Okung just doesn't strike me as a Joe Thomas or Jake Long kind of prospect, shoot I'm not even sure if he is the best left tackle in this year's draft.

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

This is not a realistic mock, about what I would expect from the Pecker.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            This is not a realistic mock, about what I would expect from the Pecker.
                            If I get two of the three picks right, you owe me a blow job.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                              If I get two of the three picks right, you owe me a blow job.
                              Check with Dr Lecter, he will help you out.

Comment

Working...
                              X