PDA

View Full Version : Well there goes the Marshawn trade to SD

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
WTF are we going to do with Marshawn now? :mad:

madness
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I think Seattle was a bigger possibility anyway.

Novacane
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM
We'll be lucky to get a 4th for him now.

Pinkerton Security
04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
I think SD was a bigger possibility anyway.

huh?

psubills62
04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
What about Houston or Seattle? I assume those two teams are still in play.

Heck, if we can get a 3rd rounder, I'd be happy. Even a 4th rounder would help us be able to trade up into the 2nd or 3rd round if need be to get some talent.

Lexwhat
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
If I were the Bills, I would not settle for anything less than a 4th Rounder. If we can't get anything better, we are better off just keeping him.

It's stupid to just give away a player of that caliber.

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM
http://www.newmoa.org/prevention/mercury/projects/legacy/img/sneakers.jpg
+
http://hiphopdentistry.com/images/gold-diamonds-smiles.jpg
+
http://bajan.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/dread-locks.jpg
=
http://www.occarpentry.ie/images/Door.jpg

madness
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
huh?

Sorry, meant Seattle. That's what happens when you're posting on your cell phone while watching the draft and the Bulls game on split screen. :D

Coach Sal
04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
I think Seattle is still a real possibility.

They don't pick til late in round two and haven't grabbed a RB yet. So, if they want one, they may have to move up anyway. Could be a better play for them to just try to land Lynch.

Plus, Carroll is a PAC 10 guy and saw Marshawn up close and personal, and they have Lynch's good friend and former teammate Justin Forsett there, who may be seen as a guy who can keep Lynch in check.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:13 AM
WTF are we going to do with Marshawn now? :mad:
If Houston doesn't get a RB he can be shipped there. They missed out on Mathews and they don't have much faith in the RBs they have right now as workhorse backs. Slaton had serious fumbling issues last year. They will probably target Dwyer in round 2 but if they don't get him Lynch can be an option.

Green Bay, Oakland, Tennessee, Indi, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Philly, Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, and St. Louis all have big needs at RB. All are short handed at the position and have little depth.

Once Dwyer, Blount, Gerhart and McKnight go Lynch can come into play.

EDS
04-23-2010, 08:13 AM
I think Seattle is still a real possibility.

They don't pick til late in round two and haven't grabbed a RB yet. So, if they want one, they may have to move up anyway. Could be a better play for them to just try to land Lynch.

Plus, Carroll is a PAC 10 guy and saw Marshawn up close and personal, and they have Lynch's good friend and former teammate Justin Forsett there, who may be seen as a guy who can keep Lynch in check.

Forsett had a better year than Lynch last year.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Green Bay, Oakland, Tennessee, Indi, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Philly, Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, and St. Louis all have big needs at RB. All are short handed at the position and have little depth.
What?

Green Bay - They like Grant
Oakland - McFadden and Michael Bush
Tennessee - Chris Johnson and White
Indy - Addai and Brown
Philly - McCoy
Jacksonville - Jones-Drew
Minnesota - Peterson
Chicago - Forte
St. Louis - Jackson

None of these teams would need Marshawn because he's being traded as a starter. Only Seattle and KC would be real possibilities, and Houston.

Coach Sal
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Forsett had a better year than Lynch last year.

That's not saying much. Lynch wasn't very good year, and he was suspended.

Forsett still only ran for 600+ yards. He didn't even start most games, Julius Jones (also 600+ yards) did.

But between the two of them, I don't think they are comfortable with their RB situation.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
What?

Green Bay - They like Grant
Oakland - McFadden and Michael Bush
Tennessee - Chris Johnson and White
Indy - Addai and Brown
Philly - McCoy
Jacksonville - Jones-Drew
Minnesota - Peterson
Chicago - Forte
St. Louis - Jackson

None of these teams would need Marshawn because he's being traded as a starter. Only Seattle and KC would be real possibilities, and Houston.

Green Bay -- They like Grant but he is a very upright runner and is not good at short yardage and redzone. They have no one behind him worth anything.

Oakland -- is having issues with McFadden. Fumbling, not hitting holes etc. Bush is solid but they cut Fargas. I think Al would be interested in adding Lynch.

Indi -- yeah they have Addai and Brown, this is the long-shot of all the scenarios but I still think Indi wants more physicality on their offense. Lynch gives that to them.

Jacksonville - They have little depth behind MJD -- It's not enough to have just 1 productive RB in the NFL

Minnesota -- Chicago -- St. Louis -- See Jacksonville.

To add: Chicago struggled to run the ball last year. They lacked a physical run game like they had with Benson.

St. Louis rode Jackson into the ground last year. He needs someone to share some of the load. Their OL is geared to run the ball often.

Minnesota needs someone behind AP. He gets nicked up and he has fumbling issues at critical times in games. Lynch can be a closer for them. They also lost Chester Taylor.

TonyIncredible
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
the vikings with AP and ML that would be kinda scary lol. The media would eat that up all day long.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
the vikings with AP and ML that would be kinda scary lol. The media would eat that up all day long.
They would've had the best 2 RBs from the same class.

Michael82
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Don't count out Tampa Bay. They might be interested in bringing in Lynch.