PDA

View Full Version : I Still See 2 LT's, A Bunch Of NT's,Pass Rushers Etc.

Night Train
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
#9 Pick Friday in Round 2. Two LT's who can start in Saffold & Brown. A whole bunch of NT's. Some QB's... if they actually have an interest in this lot. Plenty of talent everywhere that many thought would be gone in Round 1.

You mean the Draft didn't end after the Spiller selection ? Who knew ?

Can you imagine the phone calls, prior to the 6pm start of Round 2 tomorrow ? This is actually a very exciting draft and I see tons more trades going down.

Can't wait. :up:

Michael82
04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't forget about the solid LBs that are sitting there too! :up:

TacklingDummy
04-22-2010, 11:02 PM

Good tackles are only found in round 1.

Somebody should tell the Saints to give back their Championship. They have only one 2nd rounder and everyone else after the 4th round on their roster who plays on the line.

Philagape
04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Nope, if they didn't draft the position I wanted in round 1 it's all over!!!!! :baby:

Oaf
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Problem is, we only got a legit shot at ONE of those positions (in terms of immediate starters)- we need LT and an OLB in a hurting way! And who knows, CHIX may go with a DB known also for his gunner/PR abilities anyways.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
They have only one 2nd rounder and everyone else after the 4th round on their roster who plays on the line. Which is all fine and good until the tackles demand a raise. Remember Jason Peters?

Johnny Bugmenot
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
As for the other two on the board right now, they're both weaklings-- as of now they can't handle pass-rushing DEs.

billz83
04-23-2010, 03:29 AM
i think if the bills play their cards right they can get the QB to shut sum people up and we need a QB anyway..we would also be able to get a OT and a DT probably Cody in the 3rd rounder..i wouldnt mind him!

Night Train
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Problem is, we only got a legit shot at ONE of those positions (in terms of immediate starters)- we need LT and an OLB in a hurting way! And who knows, CHIX may go with a DB known also for his gunner/PR abilities anyways.
I can see Charles Brown and Saffold starting right away at LT. They need another 10 lbs. to become more effective run blockers but already are good pass blockers.

Heck, I could see Meredith being more than enough now at LT, with Spiller being our selection. I see lots of quick passes being primary, setting up the run and occasional deep strikes to Evans.

If not LT, then NT looks obvious with Cody, Joseph, Troup & Thomas all sitting there.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
#9 Pick Friday in Round 2. Two LT's who can start in Saffold & Brown. A whole bunch of NT's. Some QB's... if they actually have an interest in this lot. Plenty of talent everywhere that many thought would be gone in Round 1.

Can you imagine the phone calls, prior to the 6pm start of Round 2 tomorrow ? This is actually a very exciting draft and I see tons more trades going down.

Can't wait. :up:
So you mean we didn't have to draft Dan Williams or Bulaga @ 9 ?

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Heck, I could see Meredith being more than enough now at LT, with Spiller being our selection. I see lots of quick passes being primary, setting up the run and occasional deep strikes to Evans.

I witnessed last years OL... I can not agree or accept this scenario. Meredith is a RT and/or good depth. Bell is just depth.

Still some players on the board, but at this point they could easily end up being developemental depth players.

ct bills fan
04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Don't forget about Bruce Campbell - i think he's got big upside