• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

End of the first round

I thought that the picks made at the end of the first went as well for us as could be expected.

There was that murderer's row of AFC East teams (NE, then Miami, then NYJ), where I fully expected OLB's and NT's to go quickly. But two of the three took DB's, and another took a DE.

Since we're already pretty well set at DB, the more CB's and S's that go off the board quickly, the more players at positions of need will fall to us. I think only 4 OT's went in the 1st round, when 6-7 were originally anticipated.

I'll be very interested to see what happens with the 2nd round pick. I think we're very well set up to either get an OT, OLB, or NT. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Lefevour if he's still on the board. I hope they go with OT (still 4 possibilities left), but I'm not really expecting them to.

It seems that with Nix's history as a drafter, he goes for OL in the later rounds. That is not a bad strategy if they develop into starters. Since this is a draft that's deep with OT's, I'm not panicking yet, even though I REALLY wanted an OT in the first. I think this is set up well for us so far.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: End of the first round

why is everyone so high on lefevour with clausen and mccoy still available? I honestly dont know much about him, but has there been speculation outside of BZ that he is favored by Nix and Co.?

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      why is everyone so high on lefevour with clausen and mccoy still available? I honestly dont know much about him, but has there been speculation outside of BZ that he is favored by Nix and Co.?
      I'm not necessarily high on him, I'm just saying he could be the pick. It's possible that Buffalo might try to move up in the second round, but if they don't, I doubt McCoy or Clausen falls to them.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
        Closet Bills Fan
        • Nov 2004

lefevour i think will do better than clausen (who is horribly overrated IMO) and with mccoy, i dunno, something must have teams spooked on him

j-e-t-s
        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
        X