• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I'm disappointed: Sign in if you don't like the pick

I don't like the Spiller pick one bit. The Bills have far more holes to fill than wasting a first round pick on an RB. Especially after they did not trade up to get someone else in the first round.

This is a typical move the Bills made and I for one am disappointed.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm disappointed: Sign in if you don't like the pick

I'm on the fence. So I guess I'm half with you. He's too good to pass up on but there were definitely bigger holes to fill.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

My initial reaction was anger, but now that I see the guy who I wanted is now in the 2nd round, what can I say? I have to reconsider my views.

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

This is the deepest draft in years. People need to seriously stop whining. We get the clear cut, absolute best RB in the draft. Yea sure, we have holes on the lines. However, we have 2 more days of drafting, and a running back to trade. I trust in what Nix is doing.

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

We have plenty of picks left to "fill holes." Filling a hole at that point would have been a reach.

I liked the pick at the time and I like it even more now that I've seen where certain players went.

And if we just got better on offense, doesn't that fill a hole?

I feel dirty saying "fill a hole" so much.
          Last edited by wmoz11; 04-23-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
            This is the deepest draft in years. People need to seriously stop whining. We get the clear cut, absolute best RB in the draft. Yea sure, we have holes on the lines. However, we have 2 more days of drafting, and a running back to trade. I trust in what Nix is doing.
            Is he though? If Best didn't have an extensive injury history, would it still be so lopsided?

Comment

• Prov401
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
              Is he though? If Best didn't have an extensive injury history, would it still be so lopsided?
              Yes he is. And yes it would still be lopsided. Did anybody not watch videos on this kid? Or listen to every and any analyst on ESPN and NFLNET praise this pick?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Yes he is. And yes it would still be lopsided. Did anybody not watch videos on this kid? Or listen to every and any analyst on ESPN and NFLNET praise this pick?
                I've watched Best play more than I've watched Spiller play, that's the truth. I know that Best is a home run threat every time he touches the ball, he is a solid receiver too.

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

My God. You guys can listen to analyst all day. I watched CJ Spiller plenty since he turned down his childhood favorite for Clemson. Guy would absolutely kill my Seminoles. STILL, I will contend that he's a poor man's Reggie Bush. He's not going to carry the Bills offense. I don't know what it is about the Bills, but they make these moronic picks all the time, and you guys always try to justify it. Roscoe Parrish was going to be an amazing deep threat. Yeah ok. One after the other busts for the Bills.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DA-2
                    My God. You guys can listen to analyst all day. I watched CJ Spiller plenty since he turned down his childhood favorite for Clemson. Guy would absolutely kill my Seminoles. STILL, I will contend that he's a poor man's Reggie Bush. He's not going to carry the Bills offense. I don't know what it is about the Bills, but they make these moronic picks all the time, and you guys always try to justify it. Roscoe Parrish was going to be an amazing deep threat. Yeah ok. One after the other busts for the Bills.
                    I actually think Miami would have taken Spiller if he dropped down to you.

Comment

• Prov401
                      • Aug 2008

I've watched Best play more than I've watched Spiller play, that's the truth. I know that Best is a home run threat every time he touches the ball, he is a solid receiver too.
                      Reggie Bush was a home run threat every time he touched the ball in college too. He hasn't exactly lived up to the hype.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Reggie Bush was a home run threat every time he touched the ball in college too. He hasn't exactly lived up to the hype.
                        Yeah, that's absolutely true.

Comment

• DrGraves
                          • Mar 2008

The guys half the people wanted at 9 will be there at 42... life goes on.

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

I actually think Miami would have taken Spiller if he dropped down to you.
                            I would hope not. There's more pressing needs. He'd have been able to replace Ronnie Brown, but I'd much rather wait and draft McCluster in the 3rd. His talent was not top 10 to me, and all this "he's too talented to pass up" is garbage. He should've been drafted 20th to some playoff team that needed a playmaker. Not to rebuild a team.

Comment

• Bling
                              • Jul 2004

That's exactly what scares me if I'm a Bills fan about Spiller. Look at his numbers between the tackles. Not that impressive. Clemson does mighty fine with recruiting, so don't try to attribute that to the OL.

Comment

Working...
                              X