PDA

View Full Version : Mort on Lynch trade (not good)

Raptor
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Marshawn Lynch has to be a goner w/ Bills. That's obvious. Couldn't give him away is what I've been told. Not confirmed by Bills.

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Mort is a fraud.

Raptor
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Well honestly he may have a point

Lets keep in mind the Bills are dealing from a position of strength with Lynch

-He is not at OTA's
-We just spent a top 10 pick on a RB
-Teams know we want to move him
-He is one strike away from a pretty big suspension

That doesnt do his trade value any good

Tatonka
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
i dont care if he doesnt show up for workouts.. bottom line is this.. he is on our roster and can play.. if he wants to play in the NFL, he will show up.. otherwise he stands to lose a lot of money.. we mine as well keep the guy.. put him in when we need a 3rd and 1. nothing wrong with having the 3 we got. i wouldn't give him a way.. he still has value, especially if there is an injury. right now.. we have arguably one of teh best 3 headed monsters in the league at rb.. look at new orleans.. bush, thomas and bell all played a huge role.

Akhippo
04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
I would keep him at this point. Might as well. He can def. spell the two other good backs.

If we can use him to move up from the third or second and not have to give a pick I would do it. Otherwise let him be pissy on the bench or lose money.

Oaf
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Apparently we can't give him away but if we can use him as ammo, trade from the 3rd, and find a starting OLB AND LT out of round 2, I'd of almost died and gone to Heaven.

Lexwhat
04-23-2010, 12:56 AM
i dont care if he doesnt show up for workouts.. bottom line is this.. he is on our roster and can play.. if he wants to play in the NFL, he will show up.. otherwise he stands to lose a lot of money.. we mine as well keep the guy.. put him in when we need a 3rd and 1. nothing wrong with having the 3 we got. i wouldn't give him a way.. he still has value, especially if there is an injury. right now.. we have arguably one of teh best 3 headed monsters in the league at rb.. look at new orleans.. bush, thomas and bell all played a huge role.

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

Commissioner
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Our team is better with him on the roster.... as long as he shows up to play and acts like a man. Have 3 good backs is better than 2... especially since 1 of them is bound to get dinged up. If Marshawn Lynch wants out of Buffalo... he should try and show other teams some value.

Romes
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Morts post makes no sense. At first he is speculating that he has to be gone (which is not necessarily true he can still have a roll on this team) and then in the second part he says he heard from an unnamed unconfirmed source that the only reason he wasn't traded is because we couldn't find a partner.

Mort has had a vendetta against Buffalo ever since we let go of Donahoe. I wouldn't trust anything he says.

jamze132
04-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Well I could have told anyone that if we selected Spiller before trading Lynch, it would be hard to find a trade partner that would give us anything worth getting.

billz83
04-23-2010, 03:26 AM
If we cant get sumthing of DECENT value for him i wouldnt trade him at ALL..this is the buffalo bills and we DID have like 20 people on IR! Id keep him as a just in case..i dont think is THAT bad hes DEFINITELY not what we thought he was going to be but id keep all 3 and have a 3 headed attack..unless obviously we can get sumthing that will give us value and i dont consider a 5th rounder a value..

HiHat31
04-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Lynch is a goner. And should be. Get what ya can for him. The Bills do not want this guy, and he does not want to be here. That's a bad recipe. Move on.

It's Spiller Time.

EricStratton
04-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Since it's an uncapped year it doesn't hurt Buffalo to keep him, they may as well see if they can work some value back into him.

Historian
04-23-2010, 05:22 AM
At this point, we would be lucky to get a bag of pucks for him.

Some day, a few years from now, the 6:00 news is going to do a story about a former Bills rb that was either imprisoned or dead.

You watch.

You can almost see his life turning in that direction.

Good riddance.

shelby
04-23-2010, 05:25 AM
"With the draft of running back C.J. Spiller, Lynch just became a hood ornament." ~Clark Judge, CBS Sports

cordog
04-23-2010, 05:46 AM
We don't have to trade him. If we don't find decent value we hold on to him. Someone will get desperate as the season draws closer or during the season due to injury and we ship him off for picks next year. This guy isnt gonna sit out and face fines when it becomes mandatory to be at mini camp or training camp. I do think he will be traded during this draft but if not oh well, hes under contract so hes screwed

YardRat
04-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Well honestly he may have a point

Lets keep in mind the Bills are dealing from a position of strength with Lynch

-He is not at OTA's
-We just spent a top 10 pick on a RB
-Teams know we want to move him
-He is one strike away from a pretty big suspension

That doesnt do his trade value any good

That indicates a position of weakness to me.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Mort has been completely irrelevant since Schefter went to ESPN. Who the hell in the league is even still talking to him?

historypete
04-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Of course no one will give up anything of value for Lynch. The Bills have no leverage first of all. Second, Lynch is one incident away from at the very least an 8 game suspension. If the Steelers can only get a 5th for Santonio Holmes, how can we expect more for Lynch? I know people will say different position, but in fact a proven WR should fetch you more than a RB, since RB's seem a dime a dozen now a days.

If we can get a 5th for Lynch at this point it we would be lucky. I wouldn't be surprised that if anything the Bills outright cut him before training camp.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 06:47 AM
maybe they can get something if they package Lynch with Billy Buffalo. the Bills need to get rid of the schleprock too.

Historian
04-23-2010, 06:50 AM
Perhaps you make Lynch your H-Back ala Keith Byers.

Of course, he would have to learn how to catch first....

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 06:54 AM

tape a $20 bill on the football and i bet he learns quick.

Bruce is Loose
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Some day, a few years from now, the 6:00 news is going to do a story about a former Bills rb that was either imprisoned or dead.

They might have a few to choose from...

Raptor
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM

+1 for the Byers reference

I think its been nearly 10 years since i've heard that name in any convo

Historian
04-23-2010, 07:54 AM
They might have a few to choose from...

Sad, but true.

OpIv37
04-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Marshawn Lynch has to be a goner w/ Bills. That's obvious. Couldn't give him away is what I've been told. Not confirmed by Bills.

I said this yesterday: if we draft Spiller before trading Lynch, Lynch's trade value becomes next to nothing. First round draft pick from 3 years ago- now worthless. Way to go, Bills!

tomz
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM

I absolutely agree with this analysis. Think of it this way: we have a speed back, a finesse back and a power back. Spiller will get touches as a returner and receiver as well. I think that Nix et al. were well aware that it would be difficult to move him. Also, Jackson is 30, albeit with light tread wear. Get Lynch's head on straight and we have a good set up for years to come.

Jeff1220
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
It's not like they can't afford to keep him (and there's no cap). Three good backs can only help. The Giants won the SB the year they had Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward (and a sick pass rush). NO won this year w/3 backs.
Maybe having three RBs is part of the plan.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
They can't afford to keep him because he will be a distraction and a headache. Get whatever you can for him now and if no one wants him then cut him.

madness
04-23-2010, 08:32 AM
I said this yesterday: if we draft Spiller before trading Lynch, Lynch's trade value becomes next to nothing. First round draft pick from 3 years ago- now worthless. Way to go, Bills!

Good call on nailing that Lynch's trade value remained exactly the same.