X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Mort on Lynch trade (not good)

Marshawn Lynch has to be a goner w/ Bills. That's obvious. Couldn't give him away is what I've been told. Not confirmed by Bills.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Mort on Lynch trade (not good)

Mort is a fraud.

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2009

Well honestly he may have a point

Lets keep in mind the Bills are dealing from a position of strength with Lynch

-He is not at OTA's
      -We just spent a top 10 pick on a RB
      -Teams know we want to move him
      -He is one strike away from a pretty big suspension

That doesnt do his trade value any good

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i dont care if he doesnt show up for workouts.. bottom line is this.. he is on our roster and can play.. if he wants to play in the NFL, he will show up.. otherwise he stands to lose a lot of money.. we mine as well keep the guy.. put him in when we need a 3rd and 1. nothing wrong with having the 3 we got. i wouldn't give him a way.. he still has value, especially if there is an injury. right now.. we have arguably one of teh best 3 headed monsters in the league at rb.. look at new orleans.. bush, thomas and bell all played a huge role.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Akhippo
          • Nov 2002

I would keep him at this point. Might as well. He can def. spell the two other good backs.

If we can use him to move up from the third or second and not have to give a pick I would do it. Otherwise let him be pissy on the bench or lose money.
          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Apparently we can't give him away but if we can use him as ammo, trade from the 3rd, and find a starting OLB AND LT out of round 2, I'd of almost died and gone to Heaven.

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
              i dont care if he doesnt show up for workouts.. bottom line is this.. he is on our roster and can play.. if he wants to play in the NFL, he will show up.. otherwise he stands to lose a lot of money.. we mine as well keep the guy.. put him in when we need a 3rd and 1. nothing wrong with having the 3 we got. i wouldn't give him a way.. he still has value, especially if there is an injury. right now.. we have arguably one of teh best 3 headed monsters in the league at rb.. look at new orleans.. bush, thomas and bell all played a huge role.
              Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Commissioner
                • Dec 2004

Our team is better with him on the roster.... as long as he shows up to play and acts like a man. Have 3 good backs is better than 2... especially since 1 of them is bound to get dinged up. If Marshawn Lynch wants out of Buffalo... he should try and show other teams some value.
                Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

Morts post makes no sense. At first he is speculating that he has to be gone (which is not necessarily true he can still have a roll on this team) and then in the second part he says he heard from an unnamed unconfirmed source that the only reason he wasn't traded is because we couldn't find a partner.

Mort has had a vendetta against Buffalo ever since we let go of Donahoe. I wouldn't trust anything he says.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Well I could have told anyone that if we selected Spiller before trading Lynch, it would be hard to find a trade partner that would give us anything worth getting.

Comment

• billz83
                      • Mar 2010

If we cant get sumthing of DECENT value for him i wouldnt trade him at ALL..this is the buffalo bills and we DID have like 20 people on IR! Id keep him as a just in case..i dont think is THAT bad hes DEFINITELY not what we thought he was going to be but id keep all 3 and have a 3 headed attack..unless obviously we can get sumthing that will give us value and i dont consider a 5th rounder a value..

Comment

• HiHat31
                        • Sep 2003

Lynch is a goner. And should be. Get what ya can for him. The Bills do not want this guy, and he does not want to be here. That's a bad recipe. Move on.

It's Spiller Time.

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

Since it's an uncapped year it doesn't hurt Buffalo to keep him, they may as well see if they can work some value back into him.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

At this point, we would be lucky to get a bag of pucks for him.

Some day, a few years from now, the 6:00 news is going to do a story about a former Bills rb that was either imprisoned or dead.

You watch.

You can almost see his life turning in that direction.

Good riddance.

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

"With the draft of running back C.J. Spiller, Lynch just became a hood ornament." ~Clark Judge, CBS Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X