PDA

View Full Version : 2011 will be the year for Bills QB

Bling
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Jake Locker and Christian Ponder. Write it down. Those are future quarterbacks.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Brian Brohm was a hot pick heading into his final year of college, too. Look how that panned out. Oh, wait. Third string on one of the worst QB situations in the league.

wmoz11
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
I love next year's class as of now. I really hope we don't draft a QB in the 2nd, though I guess I could live with Clausen if we didn't move up for him.

Bling
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Brian Brohm was a hot pick heading into his final year of college, too. Look how that panned out. Oh, wait. Third string on one of the worst QB situations in the league.

You do have a point there. Still, that's a small sample size. Obviously I'm kidding, but I could bring up how Bradford's stock remained stagnant. The only franchise QB in this draft was selected first overall. Also, Ponder doesn't have the most hype right now. I know I'm a total homer with this, but I really do believe he's going to be a starting QB in this league.

#1 pick
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Michael Vick.

TacklingDummy
04-23-2010, 02:04 PM
How big are their hands?

RockStar36
04-23-2010, 02:05 PM
You do have a point there. Still, that's a small sample size. Obviously I'm kidding, but I could bring up how Bradford's stock remained stagnant. The only franchise QB in this draft was selected first overall. Also, Ponder doesn't have the most hype right now. I know I'm a total homer with this, but I really do believe he's going to be a starting QB in this league.

Exactly.

I want nothing to do with Ponder.

Bling
04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
How big are their hands?

No idea.

Exactly.

:rofl: I try to be nice and give you guys word on a future stud, but I'm sure you'd rather draft the INT machine from Miami Northwestern.

RockStar36
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
No idea.

:rofl: I try to be nice and give you guys word on a future stud, but I'm sure you'd rather draft the INT machine from Miami Northwestern.

If I were drafting? Absolutely.

But I'm also a huge homer.

Not that I want to get into it, but his thumb injury had a little bit to do with the turnovers late in the season.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Ponder has the tool so succeed at the NFL level and I am not usually a big homer.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM

If ya been following my posts, I've already pencilled 2011 in

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
How big are their hands?

I'll bet the farm they are over the 9.5 inch mark

and they are definitley larger then Pickles :limpclap:

B-DON
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Exactly.

Your a cane fan of course you dont want nothing to do with Ponder. But the fact is Ponder will be a first round pick. im even going to go as far as saying he will be better than locker. write it down.

Nighthawk
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Jevan Snead was thought to be one of the top 3 QBs going into his Jr. year. That didn't go so well either. It's a crapshoot to just assume you will be in position to take a QB next year and the Bills would be foolish to think that way.

B-DON
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Lockers rise reminds me exactly of snead last year.

Bling
04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Jevan Snead was thought to be one of the top 3 QBs going into his Jr. year. That didn't go so well either. It's a crapshoot to just assume you will be in position to take a QB next year and the Bills would be foolish to think that way.

Bradford, Suh, Spiller, Berry were getting hyped going into the season. I get your point, but you're looking at it from one angle. I'm willing to bet money (barring injury) that Ponder will be a first round pick.

Mr. Pink
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Andrew Luck!

Jeff1220
04-23-2010, 03:37 PM
If next year is like every other year, everybody will be saying "This isn't a good year for QBs" or "These guys would be second rounders any other year" or "This is a weak QB class; next year is when the real QBs come out".