PDA

View Full Version : What if the Bills trade......

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Fred Jackson?

I love him too and he is a great story. But he might have more value right now than Lynch and might get a better return.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 05:52 AM
With Spiller on board we don't need Jackson. We've got a slasher in Spiller and a grader in Lynch. Jackson can go.

YardRat
04-23-2010, 05:52 AM
If you're throwing this season completely out of the window and trying to position yourself for the highest pick possible next season, you might as well.

I'd hate it, though.

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2010, 06:10 AM
No. Get rid of Lynch. Spiller is high character, so is Freddy. You don't need Meshawn around corrupting the youngster. I'd rather have Jackson as a mentor on my team than Lynch.

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2010, 06:20 AM
quick question off the subject, today is round 2 AND 3 correct?

TacklingDummy
04-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Can't trade Lynch, than cut him.

Leave Fred alone. He can do everything.

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Dutchman, yes, round 2 and 3 today.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Fred Jackson?

I love him too and he is a great story. But he might have more value right now than Lynch and might get a better return.

great question.

i think if they trade Jackson, they should consider a bigger back later in this draft to go with Spiller. Lynch only has a year left on his contract, doesn't he? if so, he'll be gone.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-23-2010, 06:44 AM
No way on trading Fred. Trade Lynch, we probably can only get a 6th or 7th for him but I'd take that trade.

Historian
04-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Ken Davis was to Thurman Thomas is what Freddie will be to CJ.

I keep him, and give opposing defenses the 1-2 punch!

tampabay25690
04-23-2010, 06:49 AM
NO
This is the type of OFFENSE that Chan will run 2 guys that are scat type backs why would they want to trade him.

Spiller and Jackson is a scary duo at RB and look what defenses will have to do now if we split Spiller out in the slot....

jamze132
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
We could just get rid of the TE and play all 3 backs at the same time. You could do so many gadget plays, Mularkey would be proud.

"We could do so many more activites!" - Brennan Huff

DraftBoy
04-23-2010, 07:26 AM
The issue here is that Spiller and Jackson have similar style to their play, both are slashers.

Spiller is a more dynamic runner, while Jackson is more patient.

We don't have a pounder though if we lose Lynch.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Got to do something. We have to many holes and now 3 RB's...

I'd be upset if we trade jackson, and we won't get nothing but pitty for Lynch.

BUT we can't afford to not get something for our over stocked backfield, and Jackson appears to be the only one with value who is tradeable at this point

Buffalogic
04-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Do people forget that FJax was better in short yardage situations than Lynch?? Who cares if you wanna call FJax a slasher, he's an all purpose back with good slashing capability. Lynch loves to run straight into the backs of his o-line.

Deciding who you want to keep based on stupid labels is garbage. Production is king and Freddy can do it all without all the :bs: Lynch brings. Trade Marshawn.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 07:33 AM
The issue here is that Spiller and Jackson have similar style to their play, both are slashers.

I don't agree. Spiller and Jackson are absolutely nothing alike.

Spiller is not a slasher. Spiller is a quick juker with insane speed. He makes lightning fast cuts and can stop and re-start on a dime.

Fred Jackson is a slasher that runs with power and finishes runs for positive yardage every time. Jackson also does not have much quickness. His movements are slow but effective because they are well timed.

Completely different running styles and they compliment each other perfectly. I would add a 3rd RB to the mix that specializes in short yardage gains though. Which is what I did with my mock last week.

DraftBoy
04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I don't agree. Spiller and Jackson are absolutely nothing alike.

Spiller is not a slasher. Spiller is a quick juker with insane speed. He makes lightning fast cuts and can stop and re-start on a dime.

Fred Jackson is a slasher that runs with power and finishes runs for positive yardage every time. Jackson also does not have much quickness. His movements are slow but effective because they are well timed.

Completely different running styles and they compliment each other perfectly. I would add a 3rd RB to the mix that specializes in short yardage gains though. Which is what I did with my mock last week.

You just described a fast slasher with Spiller. He sees a hole and he hits it hard and with speed, he has the ability Jackson doesn't to make people miss and hit someholes Jackson can't get to. While Jackson is a more patient runner who waits for blocks and holes to open up.

Neither one though is a power back and I dont think they compliment each other well, but they can work together. Im not opposed to moving Jackson though.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 07:41 AM

not to mention that Jackson is at an age where RBs are considered old too. so getting something for him would be better for the Bills in the long run. i'm also curious about what the Bills would get in return for trading Jackson too. draft pick?? another player?? Lecter doesn't go into detail with that.

madness
04-23-2010, 07:44 AM
I have to go with Nix on this one. We own Lynch, why get rid of him for a low value? Like most teams with power running games, we now have three backs that each bring something different to the table. Lynch has a decision to make... he can either play nice and be a team player or end his career as it stands.

It's time for Beastmode to man up.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
You just described a fast slasher with Spiller. He sees a hole and he hits it hard and with speed, he has the ability Jackson doesn't to make people miss and hit someholes Jackson can't get to. While Jackson is a more patient runner who waits for blocks and holes to open up.

Neither one though is a power back and I dont think they compliment each other well, but they can work together. Im not opposed to moving Jackson though.
There's a difference between a slasher and a juker. LT was a juker, same with Thurm, B. Sanders, and Spiller. They have the ability to create space for themselves with very quick movements.

A slasher does not create space where there is none, they find a gap and they slide into it. They usually set it up with patience and finish it with power. That is Fred Jackson or other examples, Ryan Grant, Chris Brown or Larry Johnson.

Jackson is not a short yardage back but he is a powerful runner. He can wear down defenses with his running style, Spiller can outrun them but we need a guy to get the 3rd and 1s.

casdhf
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
i'm fine keeping all 3.