PDA

View Full Version : If we had beat out Denver for Tebow...

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 06:11 AM
We would've been the laughing stock of the world. It would've been deemed the biggest reach of the draft and Ralph is senile for trading away the farm for a guy who's the least refined QB out of the top 4.

I think we dodged a bullet to be honest. Thank you Denver!

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2010, 06:12 AM
I laughed when Denver took him. Then, when I heard Shefter say that Buffalo was trying to trade back into the round to get him, my laughter went away. :ill:

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 06:57 AM
i would be raging pissed if the Bills did get Tebow in the 1st round.

Historian
04-23-2010, 07:08 AM
I would have liked him in the early second round.

He's an insult at #9.

Coach Sal
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
We would've been the laughing stock of the world. It would've been deemed the biggest reach of the draft and Ralph is senile for trading away the farm for a guy who's the least refined QB out of the top 4.

I agree.

Denver trades for him and a lot of people talk about how Josh McDaniels is so creative and will find a way to use him. Some said it was a big reach.

If the Bills would have done the same thing, far more people would have been on the "what a reach" bandwagon.

Tebow in the 2nd wouldn't have been a bad choice, but we are in a much better position now with the picks we still have and the players available than if we would have moved up to grab him.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-23-2010, 07:31 AM
im not going to lie , i wanted tebow. i think we really need to make sure we can still get clausen or mccoy...

tampabay25690
04-23-2010, 07:32 AM
I dont think the Bills will get McCoy or Clausen..........

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 07:33 AM
im not going to lie , i wanted tebow.

THERE'S A NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doomsdayvirus
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
i don't think tebow is a 1st round reach at all.

the kid is dedicated to the game and is gonna succeed no matter who takes him or what position he ends up playing. failure is not an option for him...

although it seems to be a way of life for us.

acehole
04-23-2010, 09:28 AM

I think we dodged a bullet to be honest. Thank you Denver!

I would have been 2 for 2 in my mock.

Poor Brady quinn...what must the guy be thinking...

acehole
04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
I dont think the Bills will get McCoy or Clausen..........

McCoy for me....clausen is another leaf.

THRILLHO
04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
See signature.

I also thanked Denver on my facebook status too.

justasportsfan
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree.

Denver trades for him and a lot of people talk about how Josh McDaniels is so creative and will find a way to use him. Some said it was a big reach.

If the Bills would have done the same thing, far more people would have been on the "what a reach" bandwagon.

Tebow in the 2nd wouldn't have been a bad choice, but we are in a much better position now with the picks we still have and the players available than if we would have moved up to grab him.

McDaniels knows how to groom qb's.

Night Train
04-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Reports suggest Tebows agent was planting rumors all yesterday and only Josh McDaniel was silly enough to give up 3 picks and bite on it. Schefter also bit and help spread the news.

He was never coming here.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
McDaniels knows how to groom qb's.
How so?

Tom Brady was Tom Brady when McDaniel got there.

Kyle Orton was OK but didn't light the world on fire.

trapezeus
04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
the bills may have asked about trading back up, but wasn't even close if 2,3 and 4 were offered from the broncos.

I like that the bills know who they want and go out to get them,but are smart enough to say, "there are limits as to how far we will go"

justasportsfan
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
How so?

Tom Brady was Tom Brady when McDaniel got there.

Kyle Orton was OK but didn't light the world on fire.

McDaniels was with the New England Patriots for all three of their Super Bowl championships, Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005.[2][4] After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

In the 2007 season, with McDaniels at the helm of the offense, the Patriots set NFL records, scoring 75 touchdowns (67 on offense, 50 passing and 17 rushing) and 589 points, leading to rumors that McDaniels might leave the Patriots for a head coaching job.[5] McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration, however, during the Patriots' January 2008 playoff run. Shortly after the Patriots' loss in Super Bowl XLII, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick gave McDaniels a five-page typed report on what it takes to be an effective head coach and run a winning organization, which McDaniels termed "his bible." Throughout the 2008 season, the two would meet to discuss the report and allow McDaniels to ask non-coaching questions that he brought to later head coaching interviews.[6]

In the 2008 season, McDaniels successfully led the offense with quarterback Matt Cassel, after starter Tom Brady suffered a season-ending injury in Week 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDaniels

Yes, Kyle Orton is not all that but McDaniels made it work in his first year working with Orton. Orton played his best football all in his first year under McDaniels and with a new team. Is it a coincidence that Cassel struggled without McDaniels?

msfdurango
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Reports suggest Tebows agent was planting rumors all yesterday and only Josh McDaniel was silly enough to give up 3 picks and bite on it. Schefter also bit and help spread the news.

He was never coming here.Jeremy White on Wgr basically said the same thing. His sources told him that when Buffalo picked at #9 they were done for the day. Why does anybody pay attn. to Adam Shefter.

Ed
04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
I live in Denver and I can tell you that Bronco land is extremely unhappy today. I'm glad we didn't move up for Tebow, but I'm also concerned by the reports that we wanted to.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I don;t think the Bills were ever intersted in Tebow.

I don't think they have any interest in Clausen, and might just pass on all QB's in this draft

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
McDaniels was with the New England Patriots for all three of their Super Bowl championships, Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005.[2][4] After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

In the 2007 season, with McDaniels at the helm of the offense, the Patriots set NFL records, scoring 75 touchdowns (67 on offense, 50 passing and 17 rushing) and 589 points, leading to rumors that McDaniels might leave the Patriots for a head coaching job.[5] McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration, however, during the Patriots' January 2008 playoff run. Shortly after the Patriots' loss in Super Bowl XLII, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick gave McDaniels a five-page typed report on what it takes to be an effective head coach and run a winning organization, which McDaniels termed "his bible." Throughout the 2008 season, the two would meet to discuss the report and allow McDaniels to ask non-coaching questions that he brought to later head coaching interviews.[6]

In the 2008 season, McDaniels successfully led the offense with quarterback Matt Cassel, after starter Tom Brady suffered a season-ending injury in Week 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDaniels

Yes, Kyle Orton is not all that but McDaniels made it work in his first year working with Orton. Orton played his best football all in his first year under McDaniels and with a new team. Is it a coincidence that Cassel struggled without McDaniels?
None of this means McDaniels knows how to groom QBs. He may have been successful calling offensive plays, under Bellichick mind you, but it doesn't say anything about him being a great QB groomer.