PDA

View Full Version : Poor Jimmy Pickles

The King
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
The worst QB free fall in recent history. I think the combination of Big Ben's playboy incident, Brady Quinn sucking ass and his attitude really made teams scared crap of him. I think he will still be there at 41... the Browns can not afford take another Notre Dame QB, this would be a royal FU to the fans. The Browns are looking for McCoy only way we get him is to leap frog them.

I'd love to hear the Claussen fans opinions now, clearly they know more than the 32 GM's in this league.

Buffalogic
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM
I been saying he's not worth the 9 pick for months. He's not even worth the 32 pick as seen on Thursday.

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2010, 07:18 AM
That and the fact hes not really that good. Theres been many people saying that QB class is weak, and its starting to show in the draft. Not that hes terrible, just not worth going where a lot of people had him going

Historian
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Personally, I think Clausen is a project.

I love him in the third round.

I like him as a mid second rounder.

He's an insult in the first.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 07:23 AM
those tiny hands had something to do with it...

OpIv37
04-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Glad we didn't get him at 9. I think he's worth the risk in the early 2nd round, but the Bills need to be thinking NT and LT first.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 07:26 AM
I might barely be able to tolerate it if we took him at 41. I'd much rather take a OLman and trade for Jason Campbell.

baalworship
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Please see Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, and Joe Montana. These were also qb's that didn 't get drafted in the first round and got passed on by 32 NFL gm's, many of them multiple times.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2010, 07:37 AM
I think a contributing factor on the Claussen fall is the fact that folks think he thinks he such a big shot and has an attitude that he can do what ever he wants cause hes a hotshot QB and has been king of his world for sooo long....

and with the issues that Big Ben R has had over the last month, GMs may want to stay away from that personality type.

ie: Big Ben story right now hurt Cllaussen ?

Anyone else think this is a contributor?

OpIv37
04-23-2010, 07:43 AM
I might barely be able to tolerate it if we took him at 41. I'd much rather take a OLman and trade for Jason Campbell.

I agree on the OL but Campbell? Get ****ing real.

Trust me- being in the DC area, I've seen FAR too much of this guy, and he sucks. He simply doesn't get it.

And before you make the argument about all the different OC's and the terrible receivers, think about this: if he comes to Buffalo, he'll have to learn another new offensive system and he'll still have terrible WR's. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

We're better off sticking with what we have this year and finding a QB next year than wasting resources on Jason ****ing Campbell.

The King
04-23-2010, 07:44 AM
I just posted this not too long ago.

THRILLHO
04-23-2010, 07:44 AM
If we do draft him, will we put out a Jersey that says PICKLES on it?

Iehoshua
04-23-2010, 07:45 AM

Trust me- being in the DC area, I've seen FAR too much of this guy, and he sucks. He simply doesn't get it.

And before you make the argument about all the different OC's and the terrible receivers, think about this: if he comes to Buffalo, he'll have to learn another new offensive system and he'll still have terrible WR's. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

We're better off sticking with what we have this year and finding a QB next year than wasting resources on Jason ****ing Campbell.
QFT

The King
04-23-2010, 07:48 AM
If we do draft him, will we put out a Jersey that says PICKLES on it?I think an illustration of a pickle might be more effective.

Night Train
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
That may be part of it but people vastly overrated his actual skill sets.

I said all along he had very predictable tendencies and can't keep throwing pop fly sideline patterns to WR's. Yet many just wanted to see what they wanted to see. Fanboy blinders.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
I just posted this not too long ago.
sorry... did not see it.... great minds think alike :)

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
That certainly could be a possibility.

justasportsfan
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
small hands and wears a speedo

madness
04-23-2010, 08:02 AM
I thought he was always an end of 1st round talent and I stand by that.

Historian
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
All kidding aside...this new draft format has to be agony for a guy like Clausen, who now falls to the second round, and has to wait another day to find out who he plays for.

RockStar36
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Now that the first round is over, I'm ok with drafting Clausen in the 2nd round or later (I doubt it goes that far).

I won't celebrate the pick, but I can live with that. What I wouldn't have able to live with would be them taking him at 9.

RockStar36
04-23-2010, 08:05 AM
All kidding aside...this new draft format has to be agony for a guy like Clausen, who now falls to the second round, and has to wait another day to find out who he plays for.

I think it's great for the fans and teams.

Now all the teams have almost a full 24 hours to re-work their boards, discuss trades, and formulate a plan of attack.

Plus it breaks it up for the fans so we're not just zoning out in front of the tv for 14 straight hours.

tomz
04-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I think Minnesota traded to their present position specifically to draft Clausen. He will not have to wait long. I also have the impression that when Nix says they can live with the status quo (quarterbacks, left tackle), he means that they feel no pressure to reach at that position based on their analysis.

tat2dmike77
04-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I have been saying no QB outside of Bradford is worth a #1 pick and even that is a stretch.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM

LOL hit a sore spot didn't I?

SABURZFAN
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
those tiny hands had something to do with it...

:nod:

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I'd love to hear the Claussen fans opinions now, clearly they know more than the 32 GM's in this league.
This second part of this post is just plain ******ed.

I would LOVE for him to be there at 41 and the Bills take him. Who claims to know more than GM's? I never do. I just say which guy I wanted the Bills to take. I am happy with the way our GM went though.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
He's an insult in the first.
What does this even mean? You would be personally insulted if a team took him in the first round?? You sure take this draft stuff very seriously....

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Personally I want nothing to do with clausen.... or any QB int this draft.

We made our bed for 2011 when we didn't trade back from #9

The only QB the Bills should draft will be one from next years class

The King
04-23-2010, 08:45 AM
This second part of this post is just plain ******ed.

I would LOVE for him to be there at 41 and the Bills take him. Who claims to know more than GM's? I never do. I just say which guy I wanted the Bills to take. I am happy with the way our GM went though.You dont think taking him at 9 would've been ******ed?

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
You dont think taking him at 9 would've been ******ed?
In hind sight I suppose but how am I do know the GM's thoughts and feelings on the guy? I just go off what I personally saw along with the Draft hype..

Night Train
04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
All those Clausen & Tebow fanboy threads were a joke.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 09:52 AM
All those Clausen & Tebow fanboy threads were a joke.
LOL :drool2: :drool2:

The King
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
In hind sight I suppose but how am I do know the GM's thoughts and feelings on the guy? I just go off what I personally saw along with the Draft hype..Well, I guess falling for the hype is one thing, but many here saw, what the GM's saw. So I guess its just a matter of perspective.

You were asking for proof, the proof is in the pudding.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, I guess falling for the hype is one thing, but many here saw, what the GM's saw. So I guess its just a matter of perspective.

You were asking for proof, the proof is in the pudding.
I just want to know what it was that scared everyone away.

The King
04-23-2010, 10:30 AM
I just want to know what it was that scared everyone away.Its got to be the same thing has caused Quinn and Leinhart to suck. These guys are just too distracted by things outside of the game of football.

That being said I think what happened yesterday may be the wake up call Jimmy needed and he may turn out to be the better of the three.

I remember something from back in the day. When the Patriots drafted Bledsoe, Parcells offered to buy Drew a house if he married his long time girlfriend. A brilliant move, Bledsoe got married and pretty much stayed out of trouble. When you throw a ton of money at these young guys they're on top of the world an there isn't a whole lot to keep them grounded. It takes incredible character. This is why Tebow went in the first and Claussen did not.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Its got to be the same thing has caused Quinn and Leinhart to suck. These guys are just too distracted by things outside of the game of football.

That being said I think what happened yesterday may be the wake up call Jimmy needed and he may turn out to be the better of the three.

I remember something from back in the day. When the Patriots drafted Bledsoe, Parcells offered to buy Drew a house if he married his long time girlfriend. A brilliant move, Bledsoe got married and pretty much stayed out of trouble. When you throw a ton of money at these young guys they're on top of the world an there isn't a whole lot to keep them grounded. It takes incredible character. This is why Tebow went in the first and Claussen did not.
You could be right.

RockStar36
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Its got to be the same thing has caused Quinn and Leinhart to suck. These guys are just too distracted by things outside of the game of football.

Which is why I'm ok with them taking Clausen in the 2nd round, but was 100% against in the first.

The King
04-23-2010, 10:40 AM
You could be right.This is the first time I really broke it down like this but it makes perfect sense.

Let's face it guys like Chad Pennington dont have the tools of a Jemarcus Russell, but because Chad is a religious guy a high character guy, he stays focused on football and with less talent he managed to become a productive starting QB in this league.

All these guys have talent, its just how they apply themselves that makes the difference.

Bill Cody
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
It wouldn't cost us much to jump two spots to get ahead of Cleveland and draft McCoy. Just say no to Pickles!

The King
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
It wouldn't cost us much to jump two spots to get ahead of Cleveland and draft McCoy. Just say no to Pickles!About a 4th... but this is where having all day to get offers could hurt... we might have to over pay.

HAMMER
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Some of you may be very disappointed very soon, Bills and Browns looking to move into St. Louis' 33 pick, for Jimmy Pickles or Colt McCoy?

The King
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Got to be for McCoy we know the Browns dont want Pickles

Ron Burgundy
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Please see Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Tom Brady, and Joe Montana. These were also qb's that didn 't get drafted in the first round and got passed on by 32 NFL gm's, many of them multiple times.

Please also see Josh Heupel, Kliff Kingsbury, Colt Brennan, Brian Brohm, Drew Tate, Christian Olsen, Will Proctor, Justin Zwick, T.C. Ostrander, Blake Mitchell, Xavier Lee, Trent Edwards, Bobby Hoying, AJ Feely, Troy Smith, Andrew Walter, Jason White, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chris Rix, Stefan Lafors, David Greene, Adrian McPherson, Brody Croyle, Kellen Clemens, Omar Jacobs, Justin Rascati (Go Dukes!), John Stocco, Drew Olson, DJ Shockley, Eric Meyer, Drew Stanton, John Beck, Jared Zabranski, Tyler Palko, Chris Leak, Isaiah Stanback, Zac Taylor, Jordan Palmer, Matt Moore, Erik Ainge, Andrew Woodson, John David Booty, Kevin O'Connell, Dennis Dixon, Matt Flynn, Sam Keller, Anthony Morelli, Bernard Morris, Rhett Bomar, John Parker Wilson, Stephen McGee, Nate Davis, Mike Reilly, Timmy Chang, Brock Berlin, Reggie McNeal, Paul Pinegar, Brett Basanez, Marcus Vick, Brian Hoyer, Curtis Painter, Mike Teel, Rudy Carpenter, Chase Daniel, Chase Patton, Todd Boeckman, Cullen Harper, and Graham Harrell for slightly better examples of Clausen's career arc.

These are all quarterbacks who didn't get drafted in the first round, and got passed on by 32 NFL GMs, many of them multiple times.

My apologies if you haven't tracked their NFL careers, but I'm willing to bet that at least two-thirds of them are Super Bowl champions at this point.

HAMMER
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Got to be for McCoy we know the Browns dont want Pickles

DO WE?