PDA

View Full Version : Were going to need to move up

Sportsuser101
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
If we want Clausen or McCoy. Me personally I want Clausen. I wanted Clausen at #9 and that hasn't changed. I would trade with the Rams to get that 1st pick and grab Clausen. Still cant believe hes on the board. Clausen and Spiller would be a great "1st day".

zone
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
If we want Clausen or McCoy. Me personally I want Clausen. I wanted Clausen at #9 and that hasn't changed. I would trade with the Rams to get that 1st pick and grab Clausen. Still cant believe hes on the board. Clausen and Spiller would be a great "1st day".
He is on the board for a reason.

The Spaz
I dunno if we go QB now. I think OL and DL may have higher priorities.

FlyingDutchman
I really have a feeling we're not going QB til maybe late

BuffaloBlakely14
04-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Watch out for John Skelton

The Spaz
04-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Watch out for John Skelton

Or Crompton.

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Armanti Edwards from App state. Bank it

cocamide
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
I dunno if we go QB now. I think OL and DL may have higher priorities.

I agree. Besides the whole 'grass is always greener' mentality towards QBs, what makes people think that Clausen would be better than Edwards or Brohm now that we actually have an offensive minded head coach? I think I'm alone and will probably get blasted, but I still believe Edwards can play in this league.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
He is on the board for a reason.
So was Aaron Rodgers. Just because he was bypassed in round 1 doesn't mean he isn't a franchise QB.

Clausen is great value in round 2. I say we hang on to our picks and wait to see which QB lands to us. I doubt McCoy and Clausen go before we pick in round 2.

Chewytie
04-23-2010, 08:26 AM
If Clausen or McCoy are out by nine in the second round. Watch for Skelton. I think if we weren't going to trade up last night, we won't do it today either.

ptd86
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
This draft is too deep to trade up, we are building this team from the ground up essentially. Take the best player available, can always get a QB next year or later in the draft etc. It is not like we are a playoff team this year. I am glad we are finally building this team the right way (hopefully it continues throughout this draft).

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
If Clausen or McCoy are out by nine in the second round. Watch for Skelton. I think if we weren't going to trade up last night, we won't do it today either.
I think our QB by the end of today could be Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I would actually just let the draft play out and take one of your guys in the 2nd round. This team doesn't need to give up any picks, they need them. If Claussen is taken so be it and take a big body.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Or Crompton.
Don't want either of these bums.

Go OL and DL now.

Night Train
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Or Crompton.

They QB I've mentioned many times. Thank You. :up:

Although now with the Spiller pick, a QB like Brohm may be good enough. I'll leave that up to Nix.

The Spaz
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Don't want either of these bums.

Go OL and DL now.

4th or 5th round, maybe later. I agree now get some bigs.

Chewytie
04-23-2010, 08:37 AM
I think our QB by the end of today could be Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead.

I LOVE Jevan. He is smart and very quick on his feet from as much as I have seen. Also he's a character guy. Not unlike Peyton Manning (in character not necessarily in skill.) I wouldn't be upset at all If we picked up Snead.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
hope that clausen or mccoy slips, if they dont last take the best big man... cody or saffold or brown....

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
I LOVE Jevan. He is smart and very quick on his feet from as much as I have seen. Also he's a character guy. Not unlike Peyton Manning (in character not necessarily in skill.) I wouldn't be upset at all If we picked up Snead.

This is the same kid that was told he would grade out as a top pick and make millions, so he left college early.

Chewytie
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM
This is the same kid that was told he would grade out as a top pick and make millions, so he left college early.

Football smarts.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
He left college early because he had nothing to gain by staying. There is little talent around him so he only risks falling further down if he plays another year.

Snead looked shaky this year but his skills are undeniable. He has a very strong arm, great downfield thrower but his decision making skills are not there. Throws too many INTs. Probably has too much confidence in his arm. I think it's something he can be coached out of. He can be a very good play-action QB.