PDA

View Full Version : On to Round 2,..... Your best scenario

Bills Juggernaut
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Let's move on to round 2.

Give me your 2 ideas for how it will go for the Bills.

First, if the Bills stay at pick 41.

Second if they trade up or down, what will we end up with.

Then tell me which option would you like best.......

I'll go first.

1. Pick 41: Terrence Cody- With Jimmy Clausen gone to Cleveland, locks up the second most glaring need for Buffalo. A DT who can stuff the run and free up our LB's. On 3rd downs they bring in Williams or Johnson to get some QB pressure.

2. Trade with Tampa swapping 2nd's and our 4th to grab Jimmy Clausen. We would have a great QB and RB combo for the next 10 years.

I like option #2 better. I would love to land our franchise QB now.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
best scenario is someone gives us a 2nd rd pick for Lynch.

The next best scenario is the Bills don't waster their time drafting any of the QB's today.

3rd best scenario is one of the 2 remaining OT's falls to us in the 2nd, or a NT or a LB

PromoTheRobot
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Trade Lynch. Get an OL and DL in the 2nd. Get a QB like LeFevour in the 3rd or 4th. A wild-card surprise would be a TE like the local kid Gronkowski.

PTR

Jeff1220
04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
I think a 2 for Lynch is pretty unrealistic right now (unless it's Lynch + picks for a 2).

I say stay the course w/BPA. There are two many needs on the Bills to let the BPsA pass them by. Yeah, they'll likely still suck this year, but that's likely anyway. Make a few FA moves in 2011, and draft BPA again in 2011, and I'd expect to see a marked improvement that season, with a relatively young team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I say grab claussen when he falls to an UFA on sunday

Canadian'eh!
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
THere's a reason 30 teams passed on clausen in round 1.

But i get the feeling someone will trade up with the rams or Lions and take him now.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I think a 2 for Lynch is pretty unrealistic right now (unless it's Lynch + picks for a 2).

Unrealistic is an understatement.

I don't think we could land but a 5th or 6th rd pick for him

Gunzlingr
04-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Vikes might take Pickles with the second pick tonite. I say we stay put and take the BPA

mysticsoto
04-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Let's move on to round 2.

Give me your 2 ideas for how it will go for the Bills.

First, if the Bills stay at pick 41.

Second if they trade up or down, what will we end up with.

Then tell me which option would you like best.......

I'll go first.

1. Pick 41: Terrence Cody- With Jimmy Clausen gone to Cleveland, locks up the second most glaring need for Buffalo. A DT who can stuff the run and free up our LB's. On 3rd downs they bring in Williams or Johnson to get some QB pressure.

2. Trade with Tampa swapping 2nd's and our 4th to grab Jimmy Clausen. We would have a great QB and RB combo for the next 10 years.

I like option #2 better. I would love to land our franchise QB now.

If Claussen is there, I guess I grab him, but quite frankly, I envision KC grabbing Claussen and Cleveland taking McCoy. So I would likely advocate going NT or OLB. Cody worries me b'cse though he's very big and has a perfect NT body, I think he will have trouble keeping his weight down. I like Linval Joseph better even though he projects as a 3-4 DE in some views, he has tremendous strength for handling/occupying blockers...and at 6'5", he could probably get even bigger (he's 328 lbs now...might still be just as effective at 340-350 lbs)

doomsdayvirus
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
THere's a reason 30 teams passed on clausen in round 1.

But i get the feeling someone will trade up with the rams or Lions and take him now.

farve was drafted in the 2nd round, 33rd overall.

brady was drafted in the 6th round, 199th overall.

not advocating for clausen really, just sayin'...

tampabay25690
04-23-2010, 09:09 AM
I going to throw a few names at you right now...

Saffold OT from Indiana
Cody DT Bama
Brown OT USC
Skelton QB Fordham

I think Saffold is our next pick or Charles Brown for our LT...
We trade back into round 2 and grab our DT maybe CODY..

We then draft Skelton as our QB this is the guy I think they are targeting after TEBOW..........

Just a hunch as of right now

I don't think the BILLS are really looking at Clausen or maybe he falls in there lap....
I think McCoy will be gone to Cleve.

don137
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I'd be very happy with Kindle, Joseph, Cody, Brown or Saffold in round two. One of them should be there.

VeggieMan14
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
i think we sit where we are and see what happens... although i hate him if clausen falls to us take him... if he's not there draft for a need OL DL etc

jdbillsfan
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
I think Brown would be my #1 target. I don't think he will last though, so would have to trade up for him. Not sure what it would take.

He seemed to be a 1st round pick based on talent. If you can move up to get your franchise LT, I think it would be worth it.

tampabay25690
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I think Saffold was late 1st material and he has ties to the Bills with a coach..

ct bills fan
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd be happy with any of these 8 - we pick 9th, barrign a trade:

Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame QB
Charles Brown USC T
Rodger Saffold Indiana T
Bruce Campbell Maryland T
Sergio Kindle Texas OLB
Terrence Cody Alabama DT
Colt McCoy Texas QB
Vladimir Ducasse Massachusetts T

Michael82
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Rodger Saffold is our pick. I prefer Colt McCoy, but I think he will be gone.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd be happy with any of these 8 - we pick 9th, barrign a trade:

Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame QB
Charles Brown USC T
Rodger Saffold Indiana T
Bruce Campbell Maryland T
Sergio Kindle Texas OLB
Terrence Cody Alabama DT
Colt McCoy Texas QB
Vladimir Ducasse Massachusetts T

I would put Jared Veldheer instead of Bruce Campbell. I'd also rather avoid McCoy and possibly Clausen (depending on who else is on the board).

casdhf
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Looking at how the first round fell, I'd like to move down some and pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 10:55 AM
My best case scenario is that teams end up fighting over the QB's or WR's (Benn, Tate), as well as the NT's. Which then allows Charles Brown to fall to us at #41.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Night Train
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
I'd like Saffold or Brown at LT, Joseph or Cody at NT.

I DON'T want Clausen or McCoy. I would be pleased to see someone not named Buffalo trading up to grab those 2, pushing one of the 4 players mentioned above into our slot.