• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Just Curious

I'm not in love with the Spiller pick, but I am pretty happy about it.

I'm curious, for all of you that disliked the pick, who would you have chosen and why? I'm assuming there was NO TRADE DOWN SCENARIO offered.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Just Curious

Only thing I'm surprised about....the Bills literally ran onto the stage with their card immediately when the clock began. Why didn't they take more time and field phone calls from other teams? They must have REALLY wanted Spiller! I don't blame them. He's a dynamic player and fell into their laps. But still...I would have fielded trade down calls.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Only thing I'm surprised about....the Bills literally ran onto the stage with their card immediately when the clock began. Why didn't they take more time and field phone calls from other teams? They must have REALLY wanted Spiller! I don't blame them. He's a dynamic player and fell into their laps. But still...I would have fielded trade down calls.
      yea they took like 2 minutes to get up there i was like o god here we go their pickin clausen that was way to short. when they said CJ Spiller i was estatic haha
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

I agree 100%, but as it turns out, everyone else I wanted would've been a big reach. I can't stand reaching for players, it sucks.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

You don't pass on a guy like Spiller... you just don't.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

They weren't in the mood to settle for lesser talent. About time.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
              I'm curious, for all of you that disliked the pick, who would you have chosen and why? I'm assuming there was NO TRADE DOWN SCENARIO offered.
              (Crickets)
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

This regime knew what they wanted.

They did their homework, had their guy, he was there, so don't waste time and get it done.

Good move.

If they try and get cute and trade down, Spiller is gone and now they are reaching for some other non-impact guy.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Here's the thing about the term "reach"...it's based on what a bunch of amateurs (non-NFL personnel guys) say, not the football guys who work for the teams. So is Tebow really a reach when, apparently, several teams were interested near the end of the first?
                  Would anybody have said, "Clausen is a reach at 9. I don't get it" if the Bills had picked him, even though in hindsight it clearly would've been?
                  According to the journalists' mocks, there were a ton of reaches. And a bunch of guys are still there that they say should've gone. So who's right, them or the journalists?
                  A reach on one team's board isn't on another's. The only one's who truly know if a player is a reach are the guys who have done the draft boards.
                  Last edited by Jeff1220; 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                    You don't pass on a guy like Spiller... you just don't.
                    No you don't.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                      Here's the thing about the term "reach"...it's based on what a bunch of amateurs (non-NFL personnel guys) say, not the football guys who work for the teams. So is Tebow really a reach when, apparently, several teams were interested near the end of the first?
                      Would anybody have said, "Clausen is a reach at 9. I don't get it" if the Bills had picked him, even though in hindsight it clearly would've been?
                      According to the journalists' mocks, there were a ton of reaches. And a bunch of guys are still there that they say should've gone. So who's right, them or the journalists?
                      A reach on one team's board isn't on another's. The only one's who truly know if a player is a reach are the guys who have done the draft boards.
                      That's what I mean, the players I wanted went waaaay later than I thought, which is the definition of a reach. My point is just that I honestly don't know who would've been a good "value" pick at 9. I want someone to convince me who the better pick is.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

That's what I mean, the players I wanted went waaaay later than I thought, which is the definition of a reach. My point is just that I honestly don't know who would've been a good "value" pick at 9. I want someone to convince me who the better pick is.
                        Suh!
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

I'm in no way upset with the Spiller pick, although my mood may change depending on what they do with the rest of the draft.

I personally would have gone with Bulaga, but apparently the GM's knew plenty of things that I don't (no surprise there). I'm happy he went to Green Bay, as they are my wife's favorite team. At least I can still root for him, unlike Odrick :vomit:

I expect them to go heavy in rounds 3-7, possibly in round 2 as well. Two OT's, one OG, at least one NT, possibly a DE as well.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

As far as reaches go...Alualu at 10?

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

I'm not in love with the Spiller pick, but I am pretty happy about it.

I'm in your boat... Wasn't happy, wasn't disspaointed either. I felt we could of traded back 2 times and really stock piled some picks...

but I'm not unhappy because CJ looks like a player who can be a game breaker either running catching or returning
                              Last edited by ddaryl; 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X